Disney Courses

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by NZ_Jess, Nov 15, 2010.

1. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Hi guys, this question is really for alumni..

Doing the disney courses - I want to take a collegiate course and a disney exploration series course. I have been looking around the boards and am finding opposing answers on the days you have classes..

basically, I want to know if the days you have classes are taken out of your scheduled '2 days off per week', OR if you get the two days off, as well as the day you have your class on. Because if they are taken from your scheduled 2 days off, and your taking 2 courses, won't that just eat up all your free time??

Lol sorry if this is confusing.. thanks!! :D

OH and what sort of clothes do you have to wear for the classes? is it professional attire, or casual? I saw that one of them you do a scavenger hunt in the park - not fun in professional clothes haha

2. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

if you take any courses while your there you have to do so in your own time, they wont let you take time out from work to do them.
    you would have to wear professional business dress.

3. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Ah ok. That kinda sucks.
    2 days off.. 2 classes = no days off?
    Poo.

4. Ka_disney

Ka_disney New Member

just take 1 class then jess :) thts wat im gna do hehe

5. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Yeah but theres 2 i really want to do! argh. 6months isnt long enough. wish like heck i had've chosen the year option lol. maybe i can just ask to work after my classes so it won't affect my days off, i read that another person did that when they were there

6. Ka_disney

Ka_disney New Member

ow k which courses r u thinkin of taking?
    I wana do the creative and innovative one

7. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Lemondrop replied from a CRP point of view... you're doing the J-1 program, aren't you? I believe it's different, although I'd give your recruiter a ring and ask them about it.

8. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Corporate communications and either exploring marketing or disney heritage (just cos it sounds so fun)

Oh, yeah I think I'll be on the J-1 program (ICP) so i'll ask my recruiter, thanks!

9. Alex88

Alex88 Member

It really depends on which U.S. college/university you are cooperating with, any idea?

10. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

No, on our program (Australia/New Zealand) we don't have a thing with any US college. As far as I'm aware anyways.

11. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

theres classes held that any cast member can take part in but you wont get any time off from work to do them, you just have to take part as and when you can..... unless your part of the J1 academic program linked with a US Uni where you have scheduled classes and get credit for them (as your year at disney counts towards your degree etc) unless they have got something new now for the Aussies & New Zelanders to take part in.....?

12. Peever

Peever New Member

I suggest just taking 1 course even though you might want to take two. You will want a full day off to plan for outings and excursions not just to parks but within Florida itself. Your ment to enjoy yourself and have fun in Florida just as much as your expected to work. Dont bog yourself down with alot of extra things and, for lack of a better term, waste your time. The worst thing you can do is leave the program and regret not doing things.

13. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

@Peever - good advice, I think I'll just stick to the one course!

14. Peever

Peever New Member

Thats your best bet :). Though youll be on the go anytime your not working it will be nice to have a full day each week. Coco Beach, Clearwater Beach, Tampa, St. Augustine are all places within an hours drive and are must sees but you need the day :)

15. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

If you`re on the CRP do you have to pay to take Disney courses? If so, how much are they?

16. Peever

Peever New Member

I beleive all courses are free to cast members? Though I am not sure on that.