Disney Dream in April, 2014.... anyone else?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Tino_Bambino, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

Disney Dream in April, 2014.... anyone else?

2. scotlandjack

scotlandjack New Member

Hey! I applied a few months ago for merch/guest services.. how long did you wait from hearing from the agency to getting and interview & start date? I've read people waiting up to 12 months.

3. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

have the agency got back to you to confirm they received your details? they're usually quite punctual with responding. They may tend to slow down in responses but only because they have to speak to DCL first.

4. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Tino! You're coming back?!? I was on the Dream for a week....but I'm back on the Magic in March. Guest Services again?

5. Zee890

Zee890 New Member

How long does it initially take to find out after your physical? I had mine almost 2 wks ago.

6. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

Yup but on the dream. I'm aiming to get back to the magical watch this space.

Zee, have they not sent you a copy of your results yet?

7. Zee890

Zee890 New Member

tino- I think the process for Americans may be different (unless you're American then my theory is void). I kept reading about getting the results back and I never did, so I called the location that did my medical and they had already sent everything in to disney. I emailed my recruiter and she said no news is good news and if anything hadn't gone through on my physical she would have known. It's been almost 2 months since I've had my physical now and I'm getting anxious.. I know it tends to be a longer wait time, but I'm just ready to go!! I know you mentioned about you'll be on the dream in April, have you already started your contract?

8. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

I start on thursday and board the ship on sunday. just be patient. i was very impatient and nearly jeopardised my chance to go on the ship

9. Zee890

Zee890 New Member

how long did it take to get your first leave date, Tino?

10. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

Applied in September. got accepted in November. didn't get a start date till end of May. The turnover for GS is little because people enjoy GS