Disney Dream ship

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Marvan, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Oooo... Maybe tomorrow will hold some good news? :-\

2. Marvan

Marvan Guest

Oh my days that was like the longest 24 hours ever. 2 half hour wait but now have one visa being sent out braap braap

3. vik

vik New Member

I emailed Caroline the other day just cos ive had a date for a month now and wanted a bit more info and this is what she said

Hi Victoria,

DCL will email you your contract, travel and hotel information directly nearer to your joining date. They will Cc. me in so just let me know if you have any questions after that.

Just FYI, your costume will be provided but you’ll need to take your own shoes: Black Leather Dress shoes & Plain White Lace-up Trainers. You will also need to take your National Insurance number with you as well as your joining documents. We usually advise new hires to take USD$100-150 when joining.

The first couple months will be installation and preparation. The ship will leave Germany and go to Eemshaven, Netherlands in November. There will be sea trials and then the crossing around Dec. 19. During the crossing there will be approximately 2000 employees and their guests sailing along with the video and photographers for the marketing media, etc. before the ship’s official launch at the end of January.

4. Marvan

Marvan Guest

hey vik

thanks for the heads up, if i hear anything else will let you know. so it looks like your picking me up from holland woooooo can't wait

5. Sofiluks

Sofiluks New Member

I leave form Holand too I cant imagine packing for cold in germany and then for bahamas... and all this in a small suitcase because i bet their is no space in teh cabin... :eek:

6. Marvan

Marvan Guest

hahah extra weight for the case, with all these hoodies am takin..

7. vik

vik New Member

yeah i think its all about the hoodies! they told me i have to have black AND white shoes for work....nothing like trying to make my suitcase heavier! less than 2 months to go for me now...scary stuff!

8. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

I can't say for sure! But I think we need two pairs of shoes for formal and island... Ha ha island sounds sooo cool :D excited! :D

9. Sofiluks

Sofiluks New Member

i cant wait... im starting to get nervous but want to be on the ship now... its like expiriencing the stomach butterflies all over again when getting ready for the pavill ;Dion...

10. Marvan

Marvan Guest

Not gettin excited just yet am weird like that, think till I have tickets or am at the airport then ill be excited. Yeah all these shoes, am only takin one pair of each, got my black oxford dress shoe from marks and spencer, my all white trainers, and my all black sandals from ebay braaap braaap, then gotta take running trainers for the gym an normal shoes incase theres time to chill and have a lil dance after work.... All about the hips shakin yo hahaha.... Gonna wear like two hoodies on the plane then shoes in the hand luggage. 18 working days left in my job then got a month off. Before I leave for holland. Woooooooo

11. Sofiluks

Sofiluks New Member

i think i will run a trail for packing like i did for crp... i need to do a list... jajaja i want it to be december and meet all of you... ;D

12. Marvan

Marvan Guest

date has been changed again, 4th dec goin to the dam in holland...... either way i have 12 working days left and have the whole of november to chill and get the partyin out my system errrrr nope still gonna party either way

13. vik

vik New Member

yup same here date changed to november 26th now going to the netherlands too, we'll be waiting for you marvan!

14. bing

bing New Member

Hey guys!
    I'm Rachel. I've been given my date for Dec 1st to fly to Amsterdam. What jobs are you all doing? I'm YA Host. No flight details as yet though. xx

15. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Hi Rachel

I was a little shocked today when i also got a call from 'International Services' who asked if i would like to also join the Dream ship from the very beginning. December 2nd in Amsterdam too.

I have slightly mixed feelings as i was hoping to be home for Christmas. And considering i only got my acceptance letter a few days ago, i still have CRB, Medical and Visa to do by then.

I'll be a Dinning Room server

16. bing

bing New Member

I was offered the job about 2 weeks ago now. So happy to be on the new ship :) a bit sad I won't be home for Xmas too but will be an amazing experience and have spent the last 4 christmases away from home with work, so shouldnt be too different...i hope lol.
    Wonder why we all have different dates to get to Amsterdam. I'm currently in the UK. Where is everyone else and who do you go through for your dates and info? I go through an agency in London xx

17. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Mine is 'International Services' in France. Have to say that they are far from the easiest people to deal with because our language barrier and cost of calling them.

They just said to me the ship will be collecting cast members in Amsterdam then sail off to Orlando to continue training.

Well excited

18. bing

bing New Member

wow it all sounds great!
    just waiting for more information from them now :)
    is this everyones first disney contract?? xx

19. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

My second. Done the CRP one in Florida

20. bing

bing New Member

CRP ??