Disney Facts Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MissWendy, Apr 15, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Aww thats a shame, you go to be able to go on anything. But i hate it when things are closed because you may only be able to visit that park once during your holiday.

2. Freckles

Freckles Guest

yeah it was a shame but i went in the off season so it was to be expected. rocknrollar coaster and spaceship earth were closed off as well.

it was mainly areas of the EPCOT pavillions that were clsoed off so i didnt get to see all the areas.

ive learnt never to go in those fountains at downtown disney the nget into a taxi..its not comfortable lol.

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Aww, you must have been soaking. I love the big store that is at Downtown Disney.

4. Freckles

Freckles Guest

world of disney is amazing, i could have bought the whole shop. i was tempted to buy the toaster that toasts mickey into the bread...and the sandiwch maker...that was amazing.

did you know disney will post items home for you that are too big for you to take home. i dont know how much it costs but i think it is an amazing idea.

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

oh wow that is so cool, i might try that unless it is too expensive, expecially for valuable items.

6. Freckles

Freckles Guest

yeah i was tempted to get stuff but didnt knwo how to get it home. then a cast emmber must have read my mind cos he asked whether i wanted it sent home. i didnt in the end as i was runing out of money and needed to justify buying it.

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

what were you buying?

8. Freckles

Freckles Guest

a stitch cookie jar. it looked awesome and there was no way we could take it on the plane.

9. Kirbie

Kirbie New Member

You'd be suprised what they let you take on the plane!! I bought a massive Nightmare Before Xmas snowglobe from MGM and it came in a HUGE box, so i took at all thru the airport but when we got to boarding they said i couldnt take it on the plane and it would have to go in the hold, so I put on the water works! It totally worked and they let me put it where the cabin crew keep their stuff, i was sooooo lucky tho!!

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Wow, that is very lucky. But i would not dare let them put it in hold unless it was in a massive protective metal box where it could not get smashed or damaged in anyway. Virgin will love having me as a customer next year ::)

11. Freckles

Freckles Guest

you stick a fragile sticker on something and its bound to get more chucked about. our suitcases are proof of that.

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

ye ours too, its because they refuse to lift it for too long. I think it is shocking, our suitcases were broken on the way back from Florida, we were not impressed. And they were big suitcases, luckily we could get the bar up to roll it out of the airport.

13. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ours split and the bar came kinda off but it was beaten and battered from another trip lol so it was on its last legs.

we managed to protect our towel animals in the suitacse which was good as my neice loved them.

14. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

LOL having Disney ship your stuff to hear is reeeeeeeally expensive...like $100 for not much stuff! It's ok if you have the money, but otherwise you're stuck. We've bought snow globes home before, but I think that was before the whole liquids thing (I know you're not allowed to take snow globes through BAA airports, so I presume it works the same in FL).

All you have to do is think about what you're buying, and if you have family coming to visit, send it all home with them! Also, with big items, check that you can't get then in the UK first, or try on Disneyshopping.com and see if they will ship (its cheaper than actually having WDW do it I think).

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I would actually pay it, i might take a special shipping spending money so i will be able to send things like that home, because i think i would buy fragile things for my family for their homes, as decorations because the disney decorations are lovely. Last year we brought home christmas snow globes and they were fine on the flight, they were not damaged at all which was good.

16. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i have relatives in north carolina who i could send stuff to but i then would have to send the money to send it home to the UK! im hopng to see them for a few days after ICP if i can.

im glad they werent damaged. its a shame you cant take them on as hand luggage anymore.

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Anno, they were packed carefully with lots of packaging and protection, mostly from clothes, lol.
    I was thinking of maybe going to visit relatives in Canada on my way back from the ICP, if i get accepted.

18. Freckles

Freckles Guest

thats cool. im gonna see how close it is to the new uni year though.

oh are the flats in disney mixed gender?

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I dont know, i dont think they are but that is just a guess. Do they keep ICPs in the same Complex?

20. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i know rooms are same gnder but wasnt sure on flats themselves.