Disney General Knowledge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Natalie_UK, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

It would be larger than a sand trap. It lies across an ocean... or sea if you will... ;)

2. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

... ???

Something to do with The Seas with Nemo and Friends??

Or do we have to think outside of the WDW property here?

3. D-A-N

D-A-N New Member

Hhmmm ...... well I know the cruise ships have pools shaped like mickey heads, but you said "across an ocean ... or sea if you will" .... so maybe Tokyo DisneySea?

4. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Correct! The Fortress at Tokyo Disney Sea from a bird's eye view is a hidden mickey! I don't have a picture of it, but if you see the main dome and the 2 towers in place of the ears, you can imagine what it'd look like!

[​IMG]

5. Natalie_UK

Natalie_UK New Member

6. D-A-N

D-A-N New Member

Yep yep, its true ...... gotta love google earth!

7. Natalie_UK

Natalie_UK New Member

i google earthed my own house to see wot it was like and i goggle wdw but it woodnt work proper

8. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

have you guys seen the new 3d WDW on google earth? you can litrally walk round the park, its awesome

9. Natalie_UK

Natalie_UK New Member

no but i want to now

10. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Haha, really? That's sweet! I'll hafta try it out sometime!

11. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

It might let you "walk" around the park, but you still can't get a Dole Whip from it! :D I'd like google to invent something like that kplzthx haha

12. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

*squirts a dole whip out of his dvd drive*

i can get them :) lol

13. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

mmm Dole Whip with a side of computer chips. Now *that* is something unique! :D Maybe if you ask the Dole Whip, it'll be able to spit out calculations too? :D

14. Oh man, I just looked at it on Google Earth... holy crap. Seriously. You can see EVERYTHING.

15. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

haha, pretty awesome isnt it?

16. Look! Canadian pavillion Google Earth style!

[​IMG]

17. j.fritschij

j.fritschij New Member

Wow it's great to see the most wonderful world on earth on your computer. However I really got the feeling I'm playing Roller Coaster Tycoon or something. :)

18. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

haha it's true - not quiiiiiiiiiiiiite the same! Often imitated, never duplicated I suppose!

That Canadian pavilion does need a little Tim Hortons in there somewhere though :D I really don't doubt that there would be a line-up of Canadians for the coffee! The number of times I have heard my family complain about the coffee there... :D

oh and I have another little Disney trivia bit!

Originally, the Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios was meant to be much taller... in the end, the imagineers opted for a very specific height that was less than originally planned... 199 ft. Why?

19. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I think I know!!!

Is it because there's a law in Florida where structures that are 200 ft in height or higher need to have a blinking light on top of them to make planes/helicopters aware of it, and so they decided to make it shorter so it wouldn't detract from the theming... that's what I've heard anyways....

20. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

DING DING DING!

Coooooorrect! You have WON and NEW toy CAR!!!!!

Yup, the imagineers didn't exactly feel like an old hotel from way back when would have had blinking lights on top of it, so they went to the absolute top limit they could go in height - without having to put lights to alert planes on it - and that was 199 ft!