Disney Health Insurance

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by TraceyBrown, Feb 20, 2008.

1. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

After the four months there you are offered the Disney Insurance.
    What is the cost of this?
    What does it entail?

Does anyone remember?
    If you have the name of the insurance or anything like that I'd gladly appreciate it.

2. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

bump... I'm curious too

3. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

bump bump me too :D

4. Tiffany

Tiffany New Member

i just know its 10 $ per week

5. hannahike

hannahike New Member

My past Disney buddy tells me:

You fill in a form for in on the HUB (cast member portal)

The cost depends on what you want to spend (so how well insured you want to be)

He payed $7.50 a week

And thinks the company was called Hewitt solutions.

:) x

6. xXxhayleybabyxXx

xXxhayleybabyxXx New Member

well as long as its easier to sort out than health insurance in the UK. i have absolutely no idea what im doin, spoke to two different people today and had emails from three people, im goin mad lol

7. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

it totally depends on the type of insurance...
    the cheapest covers almost nothing..
    I had one of the more expensive ones, I think it cost 12 bucka a week.. and it covered like 80% or so of medical bills, emergancies, doctor, etc.
    You get the expensive insurance from a company called Cigna
    I didn't get dental insurance so have no idea what it costs--- but I think I remember it wasn't all that much

8. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

Sweet thanks guys, I'm still trying ot decide if it's better for me to go with one from home or not.

9. WinterSun

WinterSun New Member

I'm in the same boat. I'm wondering if i just get a whole year rather then have more money taken off of my paycheck.

10. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

I'd rather just get everything paid for before I left and not have to worry about more money coming off my paycheck every week. Plus I think you only get Disney insurance after 4 months so you have to get at least 4 months of insurance from home anyway.

11. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

yes I think I will do the same thing. I just want to go with something that is recognized Everywhere and is not one that I have to pay upfront.

12. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

Yeah I know, cuz any kind of medical service is soooooooo expensive it's ridiculous.
    I think you only get like 80% or something back of whatever you've had to pay. If you do have to claim something do you wait until you get home or can you do it while in Florida?

13. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I have no idea. I think they can fax it.

14. Mom-eh

Mom-eh Member

If you get insurance where they pay up front then you shouldn't have to make a claim, it should be looked after right there when you are getting the medical attention and you won't have to pay anything. Also make sure you get one with no deductable so that you don't have to pay some money on top of using the insurance. You wouldn't get the deductable back. Some plans require you to keep your health care current in Canada so you might also have to pay the monthly paments for whatever you're on at home now for the total time you are gone. That is the case with my son - we are from Alberta and he had to keep paying for his Alberta Health Care Provincial Insurance in order for his extra insurance to work in the US.