Disney ICP 2013

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Phibbsj, Mar 30, 2012.

1. banable

banable New Member

Ahh. Thank you. I had another look on the Disney ICP website and I know its under Austraila and New Zealand Work Experience page but I came across this which is really helpful..

https://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/seasonal/experience_roledescriptions.html

It has definitely helped me narrow down my choices. Although Id be glad to be placed anywhere, Id love to be a Character Attendant, on Attractions or on Merch. (probably the most popular choices) I thought I wanted to do Costuming, seen as my degree is in Costume Design and Making, but on the video and the explanation looks like youd just be doing laundry with 'minimal to no guest interaction' which I know I wouldnt enjoy, I'd love to be in the thick of it all!!

2. mpark90

mpark90 Member

The CRP was amazing, totally the most amazing best fantastic year of my life, I did food and beverage and worked in The Rose & Crown and the Fish and Chip shop in the UK Pavillion in EPCOT :)

3. lauraICP

lauraICP New Member

I'm joining this group seeing as I just sent in my application for the summer work experience (canada)!
    Wishing you all luck through this suuuuuuper stressful time!
    Anyone, feel free to share with me! I'm so excited to be meeting new people going through the same wait as I am hahaha!

:)

Laura

4. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

Hey Laura! I'm also a first timer from Canada! Kinda sucks that we have to wait until Novemember to find anything out rather than October like the UK apllicants, eh?

5. lauraICP

lauraICP New Member

Yes! When I applied last summer, I waited barely a month (and THAT was super stressful....)! Unfortunately, since I live in Montreal, the school system is different so I wasn't in uni (which is why I didnt get in)! But hopefully this year!
    What part of Canada are you from? Feels so great not to be alone!

6. DisneySparkles

That must've sucked. Oh well, at least you have this year! :) I'm from NB :)

7. lauraICP

lauraICP New Member

It did but at least I get to try again! Is everyone else trying for the first time too?

8. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I'm trying for the 3rd time, my last time :) A lot of people on the forum went for it last year and a lot of us didn't get it so u might c us on here lol x

9. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

I'm applying for the first time, I've been on these forums for years though - it just so happens I'm now at university so I can apply for the ICP!

10. BeautifulBelle

Also, does anyone have the link to that PDF/website which has the list of all job roles that are available...?

11. banable

banable New Member

This is my third application and my last chance too. Being on here is really helpful and almost like the start of the Disney journey (eurgh Cheese!!) but it is good to speak to other people about the same experience. Briar Rose, I dont have to PDF link but I posted the html link for the Aus/New Zealand page with the list of roles on it earlier in this thread. What role would choose??

12. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Heyy i remember you from along time ago on these forums Briar Rose, its my first time applying for the ICP but i did the CRP in 09/10 :D

13. BeautifulBelle

Hey yeah Michelle! How are you? Long time no speak.
    A question for everyone, should you go into why you're suited to a specific role or two in your covering letter or just the program in general? My audition for character performer and parade dancer at DLP was successful a couple of years ago and for the last four years I've been working as a costume character performer, and as I'm going for character performer and character attendant I wonder if I should throw that all in my covering letter? I've already put that I've worked as a costume character for four years but not that I was accepted at DLP - should I put that in?

14. BeautifulBelle

guys: does this all read smoothly? it's part of my covering letter. please have a read and tell me if you think an edit needs to be done.

"Over the past four years, I have gained valuable experience in co-ordinating various costume character appearances and performances at live events all across the UK with Rainbow Productions and event agencies on a part time basis. The experience I have gained from working at festivals, sporting events and business conferences amongst others, would be extremely useful as an cast member as my duties have included liaising with clients, meeting and greeting guests and compiling post-event data sheets. A couple of years ago, my entertainment audition for Disneyland Paris was successful and I got through to the waiting list for both a fur character performer and parade dancer level position. It's because of these experiences I am most excited at the prospect of working as a character performer or character attendant at Walt Disney World."

15. DisneySparkles

It reads very nicely :) However, I don't think you're supposed to mention what position you're hoping for right away, as it makes you seem closed of from wanting to work any other position.

16. BeautifulBelle

Thanks. I thought that too but I didn't want to put my work experience down and then not relate it to doing character work at WDW because otherwise they might be like, she's a one trick pony and that's all she can do? I also put in 'most' excited to show that I wanted those positions primarily but maybe if you didn't read it in that way then they won't either. Shall I just not mention anything about what position I want to show flexibility, or leave it in there but add on that I am keen to gain any role within the program?

17. BeautifulBelle

Guys I have a question, do we put the covering letter into the same document as the CV upload on our profile, or copy and paste the covering letter into the motivation for taking part section?

18. elastigirl

elastigirl Guest

I've got my cover letter and my CV in the same document, which I'll upload. I've been toying with what to write in my 'motivation for taking part'. Ahh, it's all too nerve-wracking.

19. mpark90

mpark90 Member

I put my cover letter in the 'motivation to take part' as basicallly thats what iw oulda wrote in my cover letter and didnt wanna repeat myself 20000 times haha

20. BeautifulBelle

ok yeah that's what i've done, i've just taken off the formalities such as dear sir/madam and yours faithfully etc.