Disney ICP Summer 2013!!!!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Lucy182, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Lucy182

Lucy182 New Member

Hey!

Just thought I'd start another post about next year's Summer ICP! I've been reading posts for a couple of weeks, but only just got my email verified now! My names Lucy and I'm from Scotland! :D

I've sent away my application on Yummyjobs, can't believe they are making us wait 2 months :eek: I'm terrified my application doesn't get accepted, and this is my last chance as i graduate next summer :'( Oh well, live in hope! I'm really looking forward to the pre-selection process and meeting people! Is that before Christmas does anyone know?

And can anyone shed some light on being a character performer? Its so hard to find info on that! When i first heard of it I got all excited at the thought of dressing up as princesses and pirates! But, I did learn that we can't be face characters :( We have to dress up in the big furry suits?! At first I liked the idea but now not so much! Think I'm going for attractions :)

2. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

I'd be fine doing fur, my problem would be getting to an audition in the first place. But I don't mind not being a character. I'd really work anything other than F&B.

3. Lucy182

Lucy182 New Member

Hey! Yeah I'm wanting to start in May so It should be more tolerable. I think you pick what you want to do in the pre-selection so will find out more then I guess! Yeah the audition will be a bit of a mission for me, but so will the interview as it will probably be in London!
    I'd love to work in attractions though :) Snap! Anything but F&B!

4. DisneySparkles

Tell me about it! I think the nearest for me would be Montreal, or worse, Toronto. I don't want to have to miss too many classes just for a chance to work at Disney, esp. not in my first year.

I think I'd do well in Merchandise, as it's what I do here :) I'd love to try attractions though, or even operations :) To be honest, even more than wanting to be a character, I'd like to be a character attendant. That's my dream role :D

5. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

I really wanna do character performer! But I dont think I'm I with a chance because Im exactly average height lol, and they usually go for tall or small people. My next choices are character attendant and Attractions.

I'm also lookingto start in May! I heard the earlier you wanna start the better, as not many people are available in then cause of Uni exams and stuff.

6. Piglet

Piglet New Member

:) I don't know what to say.. haha but i was reading ur comments and thought i'd say hey :p lol x

7. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

I had a successful audition for DLP in 2009 and got waitlisted, unfortunately nothing came up for my height (5'7") during the six months they keep you on there. I got quite unlucky with that as 5'7" is the exact next best height you can be if you're not over 6' or under 5' as it's Pluto height, another one of the magic 5. I've done costume character work for 4 years now for rainbow productions, the second biggest costuming company in the world after Disney. We have all the licenses for most characters that aren't Disney - i.e. bbc, warner bros, nickelodeon etc... so I am obviously gonna go for character performer and character attendent for the ICP! Maybe attractions as a third option.
    If you have any questions about character work then don't hesitate :)

8. BeautifulBelle

9. Lucy182

Lucy182 New Member

Thanks for all the comments and help! :) I'm getting more and more excited! I also seen that the UK application deadline has been moved forward to the 28th of September instead of the 3rd of August! Wooohooo! Although I hope that is not because lots of people are applying! ???

That's pretty interesting Briar Rose, thanks for linking! I'm quite small - 5 foot 4 I think, so probably could fit into some costumes! Seems like there is quite a lot to it :eek: The heat is the only thing putting me off.. Wish we could just be put in a Pirates of the Caribbean outfit and walk around greeting people, draw out a sword every now and then! Although, with my Scottish accent, I can imagine some confusion :eek:!! So I think I'll just stick with attractions!

@DisneySparkles I don't really know much about Canada but that does sound a lengthy journey!! Luckily for me I can just jump on a Megabus for £15 each way, although its a 9 hour journey :(! I'll make the most of it though and check out the Harry Potter Studio tour and that though :D A character attendant sounds fun, although I don't think I would be any good at it!

@Kerriejordan Thats cool your'e looking to start in May too! I was a bit worried that its too early on, but its really the only date I can start! I'm going to be missing my graduation though which is a bit rubbish, but would so prefer working as WDW! That's good, I hope that means I have more of a choice getting in! :p

@Piglet Haha hey! Thanks for commenting! :p I see your going to WDW in 3 months, that's amazing! What are you going to be doing?

10. Piglet

Piglet New Member

No i'm not going to WDW :( If only! Lol but I am going to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon & Hollywood! (Which I think is a little exciting hehee) I will plan to goto Disney again next year tho whether it be working or a holiday :D x

11. DisneySparkles

@DisneyLucy Well, Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world, and they basically want me to travel from way out east to the middle twice. Montreal wouldn't be as bad, you could definitly get there in a day.

12. theraininvietnam

theraininvietnam New Member

I would die to do housekeeping. My fave part of Disney is the hotels. But my resume SCREAMS F&B because I work in fast food and that's pretty much what most of my volunteering has been too, cooking at summer camp.... :-\ but oh well, i LOVE flroida and i love disney.... i can't wait til novembre (canada here!). hope we all get in and can meet each other, it will be an amazing time !!!! :)

13. DisneySparkles

I don't think Canadians can do Housekeeping on the ICP...

14. BeautifulBelle

Die to do housekeeping? I think I would die too, but the serious sort of die... hahaa ::)

15. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Haha I was just thinking that. Don't think I could do custodial either. I'm one of those people that if you be sick. Then I be sick!

16. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Guy's i just seen this on Tumblr from someone who just applied:

“You will receive a response to your application once the closing date has passed.

If you are successful through to the next stage of the application process you will be invited to a regional presenation and selection event with the Yummy Jobs Team. These selection events will take place on the week commencing 8th October 2012.

If successful through to this stage you will be invited to a final interview session with the Walt Disney World Recruiters in late October.â€

If I remember correctly, when people that applied before they moved the closing date, the selection event was the week beginning the 15th of October. THEY'VE MOVED EVERYTHING FORWARD?

17. BeautifulBelle

Woo this works out perfect because I'm going back to Uni in Feb 2013 to do a semester and I'm gonna try do 4.5 month Disney Cruise Line contract from end of October 2012 onwards so if I'm at least available for Yummy Interviews before DCL then that's great timing.

18. Piglet

Piglet New Member

That's great I :D I hope they move the actual interviews forward too :p Please don't clash with my holiday on 15th November Yummy :(

19. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Yeah it says they're gonna be in late October.. so that means there's a possibility that you'll know if you on the ICP before you go on holiday! Personally, i feel the earlier we know the better.

Im going to Disney next summer no matter what haha. If I get on the program my family are flying out to meet me at the end and if i dont get on we're all going anyways(long time coming trip! we haven't been as a family since 2000! also it'll be my niece's first time!)
    So knowing earlier will help me sort that out :)

20. Piglet

Piglet New Member

ooh yay I didn't see that part for some reason! Mind if i reblog on my ICP blog? Also I've started following u on Tumblr cos I just made my own personal one too :p www.sophiesdisneydiary.tumblr.com

Also if you goto Disney next year it'll be like a whole new world what with the new additions! I wana go next year too even if i don't get through but i don't think i'll be able to get the money tbh x