Disney ICP Summer 2013!!!!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Lucy182, Aug 8, 2012.

1. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Oh my goodness AllyBallyBee!
    Hopefully this all works out for you! Thats so strange really.
    They abviously had you on their system for the pre-screens like.

2. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

Oh my gosh, Ally, that's so weird! At least they're going to work on it for you!

3. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

I know the easy thing for me to do is to probably just tell them to leave it and I'll just wait to apply next year but now, I'm more interested in actually knowing how my interview went and whether I did well enough to be put forward or not. I'm 100% sure I'm not getting an interview (my parents are trying to encourage me to ask just to get put through to the next interview stage regardless but that's not my mentality, I want to earn it in my own right) as it's too late but I just can't believe that after waiting 6 years to apply, this happens! Oh well, everything happens for a reason.
    I really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else as it's just so distracting. Like even though I'm not angry as I understand that these things happen, I just can't concentrate! Fingers crossed it can be fixed tomorrow :)
    Ironically we had a presentation on the Disney Academic Exchange today and one of the girls who interviewed me was there and she remembered me! It was somewhat awkward when she asked whether I got through or not through ;)...
    Oh well, I really need to stop venting on here! I just want to say well done to everyone who got an interview again and I wish you all the best of luck :)

4. ksukes

ksukes New Member

Hellllllllllo, I've been waiting to post on here since before the pre-screens, but for some reason I didn't read the bit where you need to email admins, hah oops! So yeah, was at Manchester 10th interviews and will be in London on the 23rd! :)

5. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

Yey :D I'm not on my own! I haven't really been posting on here either, just watching whats going on. Where are you travelling from? Im going from Nottingham, having to get up at 4! :O All of my housemates are out the night before so I am not going to get any sleep at all! Oh well, so excited that I made it through :D

6. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Ohh don't be silly. I personally don't mind you posting about that n here. I really hope after all this messing about and uncertainty that you get through to the interviews. Keep us post x x

7. DisneySparkles

Not related at all to anything we've been talking about, but I thought you guys may find this interesting.
    Today, my Philosophy prof said "No Scottsperson believes in the notion of infinty. Write that down."

8. ksukes

ksukes New Member

Thought I was gonna be alone too, everyones going on the 26th it seems haha! I'm travelling from Birmingham, leave at 5.30, so not quite as bad, but yeah :p I know, I can't believe it, I didn't believe it when I got into pre-screen and was a wreck all Friday because I didn't believe I'd get any further! Dreams do come true ;)

9. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Hey guys, hope everyone's interview prep is going well and you're all not panicking too much! YummyJobs finally sent me my email so unfortunately I've been rejected but I had really expected that. It's such a relief to finally know though.
    Very gutted obviously but it's not my time-I'll use the year to grow up some more and get more experience. The dream doesn't end here! :)
    It's been amazing meeting and talking to all you lovely people and whilst I am sad that I am not going to be a part of your Disney journey any longer, I am really exicted to following your progress so go get some writing some blogs! I wish you all the best of luck and hope you're all successful in your interviews :D

10. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Im actually devastated for you ):

11. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Aww thank you, but don't be :-[ I was devastated but I've bounced back and got a new game plan which entails trying to get more experience and live away from home as I think that's what got me rejected. As my mum so lovingly pointed out, maybe I'm a young 18 year old ;)

The odds are against me to work in Disney but they'll be more against me if I don't try. The good thing is I have a friend who really wants to be a Playwright in New York one day and she applied and got accepted on a Film Making course in NY for next year so she kind of inspires me to keep pushing on and chase my dream.

"The Climb" is totally the soundtrack to my desperate efforts to work in Disney :D

But anyways enough about me, I'm pretty sure I'm following your (kerriejordan) blog on Tumblr so you better get through so I can stalk your Disney journey for the rest of the year ;) I'll live the Disney ICP though you guys !

12. aferguson

aferguson New Member

That's such a shame. I applied last year and got rejected too, but I'm through to the final stage this year. Just keep swimming!!!

13. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

You'll be my inspiration ;)
    Well done though on getting through to the finals and good luck for your interview-my fingers are crossed for you :)

14. aferguson

aferguson New Member

Definitely ask for feedback on your interview. I got a lot of great tips last year and took it as a positive- there's a reason for everything! You're still young so plenty of time :)

15. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

I asked for feedback but they told me they can't give it out on an individual level ???
    Kinda sucks but from my own analysis I'm making the assumption that maybe I just came off sounding young especially as I referenced the fact that I have never lived away from home before. I did kind of slap my head after saying that but it was only to reference how I was excited to live with others as it wasn't something I had experienced before.
    Oh well I'm going to try for other programs next summer so I can try and get away from home and then try for the Disney Academic Programme in October :)
    Thanks for the tip though :) I'm sure you're going to ace your interview!

16. megannn

megannn Member

So sorry to hear AllyBallyBee! At least you know what the process is like and can apply again and hopefully nail it!

Gonna be a loooong two weeks.

17. DisneySparkles

Do you guys find out in two weeks? Canadian applicants don't even find out if we got a prescreen for another 3!

18. rsmith89

rsmith89 New Member

Ye they said by at least the 9th november so im hoping its before then :)

19. DisneySparkles

It probably won't be before, but will most definitely be that day :) Break a leg, everyone! :)

20. megannn

megannn Member

Yup. Sue said we could find out at anytime before then but we'll get our emails at like 6:30 that evening hahaha