Disney ICP Summer 2013!!!!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Lucy182, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Disneymad1993

Disneymad1993 New Member

Hi everyone!I'm a newbie on the boards My name is Rachel and I have just applied for the summer work experience program :D I live in Northern Ireland and I am so excited. This is my first time applying!! Im already getting impatient lol

2. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Hmm I know in the past, when they had telephone interviews and then did the interviews after them, that they did them at different universities.. I had a couple of friends from round here (Preston) have to go to Liverpool to do their interviews, which isn't far! So maybe they will be just going to universities again?

And Hi Rachel, welcome to the boards.. Haha I think we are all impatient, but we've all got each other on here (How cheesy does that sound!!!!) xxxxx

3. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

I know in Canada, they go to Vancouver and Montreal, or Toronto for the CRP, but I don't know where any of the ICP will be held, which is making me a wee bit nervous :S

4. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Woo im from Northern Ireland! Some like me♥ haha
    :D

And pish, impatientness. Ive got a day countdown on my phone counting down until the applications close.. what even.

5. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Yummy wrote this to someone on FB:

"Hi Beth, if you receive a successful CV screen you will be invited to a regional pre-screen interview event. These are likely to take place in Scotland, Manchester and London."

6. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

That's pretty good!

I also saw that Yummy posted this:
    We have received over 450 applications so far for the Disney Summer Work Experience!

Erm... shet.

7. elastigirl

elastigirl Guest

I saw this too! Anyone know how many people go out there, roughly? I don't imagine those odds are particularly favourable. I'm sure everyone's applications here are fantastic though and, fingers crossed, we all make it to the pre-selection :)

8. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

I think around 300 go?
    I think thats what i read once. Like over 1000 applied and 300 got go?
    Something along those lines. But dont take that as true, because i seriously guessing from something i read a loooooong time ago.

9. DisneySparkles

I remember hearing something about it being a 1:10 ratio. If 300 apply, 30 get in, or something. But that was for here in Canada, too, so, take that with a grain of salt.

10. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Heyy... Yeah i heard the odds aren't in peoples favour (So totally having a hunger games moment there 'May the odds ever be in your favour') hahaha..

But to be honest with you.. and this is me being totally optimistic, Yummy Jobs and Disney love enthuasiam.. I remember from back when i had my CRP interview.. and all the people i remember from the interview that were outgoing and friendly and enthusiastic all got to go to Disney in the end.. anddd the people who i dont remember so much cause they were not so enthusiastic didn't get through..

And us lot on here are obviously very enthusiastic otherwise we wouldn't be all chatting to each other daily on here about how excited we are :) :)

Sorry about the ramble.

11. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

One month until things start happening! Haha:)

12. BeautifulBelle

Re: Re: Disney ICP Summer 2013!!!!

Boo ya betches!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

13. DisneySparkles

Well, good luck to all of you over in the UK! Still waiting for Novemeber 15th over here.

14. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

I just dont understand why you guys have to wait so long :/

15. DisneySparkles

I have a feeling that there's way less applicants, so they try to leave it open longer to get as many as possible. Look at this thread, for example! Somebody created a thread for the Canadian ICP applicants, and there's three of us on the site.

In Canada, and, don't take this offensively, America isn't foreign to us. We go down and visit all the time. Infact, we make jokes about how rude/clueless they all are. Not a lot teenagers/young adults, esp. those is post secondary, are rushing over to in the states. Why would they? The United States are having a serious job problem. They don't have enough jobs for people with university degrees, let alone teenagers wanting part-time jobs! Why would we cross the border to get a job, when we could do the same job here and get payed more for it?

So, in short, I think the reason is, Canada's in a closer relationship with the States, and because of that, less people see the thrill of working there.

16. BeautifulBelle

Across the border huh? Well I'm hardly jumping up and down for a job opportunity in Scotland, but if Disney Land was there however, it would be a different story!

I think the point I'm trying to make is, with me it's cause it's Disney, not cause it's America. So I still don't understand how that makes sense. Don't Canadians like Disney as much as us? Hmm...

17. ScottishJen

ScottishJen Member

I think DisneySparkles is right. There's not as many Canadians wanting to do it, it's the same for some other countries as well - Norway for example. While some people love Disney, the love the idea of "The American dream" more. People from the UK are always in search of life in a sunnier climate - the States, Auz, Spain... because its sunny! We watch American shows, eat in American style restaurants, read about American celebs.... it's only natural that we would want to go there! If things in your own country are good and its easy to get to then its not such a big deal.
    Switch it around... English and Scottish people can easily go into each others countries and almost everything's the same, no big deal. But for an American it is a big deal to visit these countries as it is for us to visit theirs.

and Briar Rose.... dinnae knock Scotland, it's a great place to live.

18. BeautifulBelle

Ok for one, I didn't knock Scotland in the slightest. I just meant I'm not desperate to work there! I used it as an example of something that's over the border from me in England, as she did with America and Canada. :)

And I must be the exception then because it doesn't matter to me where Disney is, as long as it's Disney. I auditioned for Disneyland Paris twice, I'm auditioning for Disneyland Tokyo tomorrow and I'm flying out to do Disney Cruise Line at the end of October.

I should also add that I actually don't do those things you listed, I am perfectly happy living in rainy old London, I don't watch American TV and I dislike American food.

Hey - for me it's about Disney and not America. Sorry!

19. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Part of me thought they'd leave it open longer cause Canada is a huuuge country, and theyd get more applications, but you make a fair point. Its probably that. Do they advertise in Universities? maybe they leave it open so long so they can get more applicants through that.

Im obsessed with America. It's my uni degree haha. I LOVE American History. And i've wanted to move there since I was like 8.

For me personally, it's Disney, America and the working environment that draw me. In fact, it's the environment that draws me in more haha! That sounds so weird so I love working with kids, and the public. And everyone is just so happy in Disney World. I dont see why anyone would not want to work there haha. If it was in Ireland or Scotland, or frigging North Korea. I'd still go haha.

Spose we all would haha, or else we wouldnt have applied :p

20. William

William New Member

Also minimum wage in Canada is about $10 or more in all provinces.
    And with the Canadian dollar being par, $7-$8 American doesnt sound too great.
    Because of this, the applicants that put more weight on the money probably wouldn't apply anymore.