Disney Insurance

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by hollaay, Sep 27, 2011.

1. hollaay

hollaay New Member

So, i leave October 18th, and im still trying to book my insurance.
    My mom wants to know what the disney insurance will cover, and what their coverage is like.

does anyone know?!

2. Snowheyoh

Snowheyoh New Member

Email Kristen.

3. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

I don't have my book anymore (it's a big one lol) but their insurance is actually really great compared to most other plans in America. They have I think 3 plans to choose from, starting at about 6$/week up to 20 or 30. I had the basic, plus the dental and vision options (which I really should have taken advantage of while I was there :-\ ). I'm no expert on the matter at all, but I think that it was really good for the price. I'm a US resident now and my insurance through work is 5 times more expensive with far less coverage.
    A huge benefit with being with theirs is you get to go to Centre for LivingWell, which is a clinic only for CM's located in the Cast parking of Epcot. The people there are extremely nice and you don't have to wait for hours! I visited a handful of times, once for a general exam including those wonderful lady tests and probably 2 or 3 times for other things and follow-ups. Your co-pay for your visit is 15$ I think it was. It is also accepted at the other clinics in the area, but I don't know their co-pays.
    Prescription coverage was phenomenal. As long as you went generic - and why wouldn't you? - it was $2 or $4, depending on the drug. I had to get an antibiotic once that retailed over $80... for 4. Every now and again they would even run promotions that if you picked up your 'scrip there as opposed to Walmart, Walgreens, etc it was FREE

So yes I would definitely recommend their insurance.... I really miss it. Especially considering I have an ER bill on its way to me that I am very afraid to see, even with my current insurance. Stitches suck :'(

4. lindseykeeler

lindseykeeler New Member

So, you'd recommend switching to the Disney health insurance after the initial 120 days, then? Kristen had said that we have to get other health insurance for the first 120 days (there's a link to a company on the Yummy Jobs website), and then we can either stick with that or switch to the Disney insurance. I was considering just sticking with the original insurance, but after reading your review, I might just sign up for the 120 days... What do you think?

5. CPB

CPB New Member

I recommend switching to Disney's after the 120 days.

I did the program in 2003-2004. Not sure if its the same insurance company that Yummy recommends now that they did then. During the first 3 months I had to use the health insurance and nobody recognises it. You had to pay the bill out of pocket and try and claim it back through that insurance company. It took almost 3 months for me to get a little of the money back. Of course throughout the rest of the program i never needed insurance. I personally recommend using Disneys insurance cos all my savings I brought out with me went to pay that bill. Disney's insurance is really good and way cheaper than most insurance companies here in the US.