Disney package

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Swantje, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Swantje

Swantje Guest

I have just received this message:
    You will receive your Disney package by the end of July or early August. However you will not go to the embassy until approximately 3-4 weeks before your departure.

Erm... can somebody tell me why it is not possible to apply for the visa earlier?

2. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

It's because the visa is valid from the date you get it, so if you get early you wont have a valid visa throughout your whole contract.

3. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I want my Disney packaggeeee
    Do I have to fill out anything for the visa application or do they just send it?
    I figured we would get some forms first.
    Send them back and THEN receive the visa. p.s I'm from Canada and do not need to go to a embassy.

4. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Disney petitions for a visa for you, and send you the form and you'll have to fill out a form on the embasy's website and print it before you go on the interview...

5. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I don't have an interview or anything.
    I don't need one.
    They just send me a visa.

6. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

Yep, Tracey, there's nothing we need to do. They just send the visa with the Disney package.

7. VickiG

VickiG New Member

You have to fill in both the DS-156 & DS-158 (and DS-157 if you're male) - no exceptions, part time jobs or not, they want all the details. This, along with your bank statements/proof of address etc proves that you can obtain work in the UK and have a reason to return after your program.

Their main concern is that you are going to leave the country at the end of it all!!

p.s. The Embassy website might suggest 6weeks, but you go off Disney rules, and they say not until the month before you go - this is generally because you won't have had all your paperwork cleared in the US which has to be returned to you before you attend your appointment. Several people on my program did not receive their papers in time and had to cancel and remake appointments - and this was in the last two weeks before we were due to leave!