Disney Pins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anjefferson, Nov 12, 2010.

1. anjefferson

anjefferson New Member

is anybody here a fan of collecting pins?

i hope if i get on the programme to get some rare ones!

xxx

2. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

I'm not really a big pin collector but I have about 200... You definitely end up with loads of rare pins through out your program :p

3. anjefferson

anjefferson New Member

wow, that is a lot!

have you completed a WDW programme then?

if so how did you get some rare pins?? xx

4. kaylzscotland

kaylzscotland New Member

Hiya! My big brother was out in Disney 2001-2002 and collected a lot of pins and he gave them all to me, I start in June 2011 so I'm going to take mine with me - I don't really know anything about it so I am just going to see when I get out there how it works ;D I think I have some rare ones as well x

5. anjefferson

anjefferson New Member

oh cool. what date in june do you fly over then?

yeah i have some rare cast member ones (i.e. ones i swapped with cast members for...)

xxx

6. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

i haver about a dozen pins on my lanyard. not so keen on swapping. but i had a few kids want to swap with me when i was there last month. so if someone wants to swap i would lol

7. anjefferson

anjefferson New Member

yeah i know that trick lol!

you would swap rubbish pins (cheap disney ones from the mall) for really cool pins that you wanted!

at least if there is one you want to keep you can just take it off you lanyard lol!

8. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

i have loads of pins i collect anythign with chip n dale on them - u get lots of cast exclusive ones :D they also do these blue bags of mystery *woooowooo* that have a random selection of junk pins in them for abot $5 usually at the outlet mall which you can then trade for. you also get pins for various activities from work as well e.g. for taking part in united way and i got one for being featured in the main street diary (im a disney star hehe)

9. anjefferson

anjefferson New Member

yeah i love my pins.

you can sometimes get some bargins on ebay as well for them.

o0o0o im so excited i just hope i get accepted into the programme...

10. Missish

Missish New Member

I'm not really into pins. I've got a few, but I've never traded them. I just occasionally buy a pretty one or one that has a significance for me.

How about Vinylmation? I've only got 6 so far, but I really want some more - they're so satisfying to collect! Plus they're so pretty. Has anyone else got any?

11. mushu

mushu New Member

I've collected them ever since I went to WDW in 1999, and thanks to ebay, now have around 400 maybe.

If I ever worked in Florida, I would need someone to like restrain me if there were pin events on, or even if I went in to a store!

I too am a biiiig fan of Chip n Dale!

Whats your fav pin then?

12. anjefferson

anjefferson New Member

i do work in walt disney world now in june!

omg i love ebay for pins...my mum and boyfriend hate me for it lol!

i have loads

omg i have too many favourite ones lol.

yours??

xxx

13. mushu

mushu New Member

Oh I know, too many to actually chose one favourite pin.

Chip and Dale are my favourite characters to have on them, and I like the Christmasy/special events ones. Haunted mansion ones and the ones that talk about pin trading on them.

I've hardly ever traded any of them though, cos since I started collecting them I've only visited DLRP and its just not the same having pins with French on them!

14. anjefferson

anjefferson New Member

yeah i know i love nearly all pins - they have to look pretty and stuff - i like collecting the ones with the year on them and then special limited edition ones as well lol.

yeah i just have WDW pins and buy lots off ebay or buy lots of cheap ones from the malls and then swap them for better ones.

xxx

15. kaylzscotland

kaylzscotland New Member

Hi I fly over on 7th June :) xx

16. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

I have a disney star pin which is my fave - no chip n dale on it tho - got it for being featured in the main street journal

17. anjefferson

anjefferson New Member

i love all of my pins and i even buy them on ebay to keep the disney magic alive when im back in the UK! xx

18. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

It's best not to get me started on pins. *Joanne* and I get very distracted talking about them (we once walked past our friends apartment forgetting to knock for her when we last talked about pins!)

I have too many to count! Have been collecting for years. And I don't think I could pick a favourite now. Of the ones I collected last year it was me Candlelight Processional Cast Choir pin; not many people are able to get those! I also love my Evil Queen ones because they're usually very hard to come by.

Ooooh I fancy doing some pin trading now! And some Hidden Mickey Hunting :D

19. anjefferson

anjefferson New Member

ha ha love it!

I have soo many and i keep ordering some off ebay - some more arrived yesterday - i love to just look at them over and over again and then search on ebay and get some very cheap ones to trade either online or at the malls and then trade them for nicer ones. i cant wait to get the cast member pins and add them to my collection to see it grow - my mum doesnt understand but the boyfriend does lol!

xx