Disney Songs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leomgray, May 21, 2008.

1. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Our uni choir should so do Disney (I keep trying to persuade the director but he's having none of it). I've seen some amazing ensembles on youtube...Disney music is just so amazing! I'd also love to get our orchestra to perform Illuminations. Now that would be great!

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

That would be amazing, i love singing disney songs, they are so good. My singing stopped me singing them because they were not right for my exam or at a high enough grade, well those were the ones wanted to sing. I think my all time best to sing was Zip a dee doo da, tht was the one where the melody and style changed, it wasnt Hakunna Matata. Hakunna Matata was a good performance but not my favourite.

3. Freckles

Freckles Guest

even though we arent supposed to do them for copyright reasons (apparently disney are strong on copyrighting of songs) at gang show most years we have 20 minutes of disney songs whether it is the young cubs and brownies or us older folk. last year we did a long medley...wasnt the best but it was only show in a day. though i got to learn most of the words to be our guest which i had been struggling to learn.

i did the young american show a few years back, that was awesome, starting with under the sea and finishing with the circle of life. it was the end of the show as well. went out with a bang.

i am not afraid to admit this, but when i first heard go the distance. i cried. it is such a moving song. i have it on my ipod...great inspiration.

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

awww, i dont it is that sad a song. I would love to sing a Disney Medley, that would be amazing. i didnt know they were that strong on copyrighting of their songs.

5. Freckles

Freckles Guest

apparently the producer loooked into it. we are a charity and it means we can perform any musical or what not as long as it is under twenty minutes (one year i was audrey 2 in the little shop of horrors...that was hard getting undeer twenty minutes).

with disney, we arent meant to do them at all. but we say if no one tells they wont know. and it all goes to charity (scouting and guiding movement). everyone loves the songs so we do them for the audience and the cast.

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

wow, what charity is that, id love to be apart of that. i love performing in musicals. I have performed in Joseph as the baker and Back to the 80s as the main character Cory, at school. And two weeks ago our 6th year ensemble performed the Les Miserable medley. We did not do any disney songs this year, was a shame. Now im not in that choir anymore. Need to find a new one.

7. DisneyGibbs

Ah musical fans unite! I was Polly Browne in The Boy Friend this year...we only did one performance but it was the best feeling ever!

We should all get together in Disney and sing Disney hehe! That would show dedicated Cast Members!

8. leomgray

leomgray New Member

That would be great! Make up the Disney Cast Member Choir (International)

9. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i owuld be part of that!!!!

the charity is called Gang Show. they are all over teh country and the world. created by ralph reader. only members for the scouting and guiding community can take part. no gang show is out for profit, its all for putting on a show and having fun. if profit happens to be made, it is recycled back into the local groups.

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Well i am out, i am not apart of the scouting or guiding community. But it sounds amazing. There should actually be a cast member musical society or something like that, only if there is three peolpe in it.

11. Freckles

Freckles Guest

maybe if we all get to go in 09 we could arrange to do one out there or something like that?

im not the best singer but i will give it a go for my love of disney.

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ye we so should, we will just need to see who is going out there then for 09.

13. Freckles

Freckles Guest

my mate is looking to go out and he rawks out on the guitar!

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

klkl, i can play some piano but thts about as far as my instrumental talents go, but i am concidered a very good singer.

15. DisneyGibbs

If my voice heals in time (and if I get the job :eek:) I shall sing...and dance...and act LOL. I could so put on a musical right now...

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

We could make up our own musical if we all get the job that is about our life as Cast Members and sing lots of disney songs. I have such a weird mind.

17. DisneyGibbs

Oh believe me, KC and I have already started and have songs done (mainly about PAC!). Great minds think alike.

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

They do indeed, and disney minds especially.