Disney was NOT what I expected for these reasons...

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Chalet Dude, Aug 28, 2006.

1. CPB

CPB New Member

Hey Shan,

Congratulations to you and Craig. I'm so happy for you. You too make such a cute couple.

Hope you're keeping well.

Thanks for the congrats spa_life_girl.

Claire

2. spa_life_girl

spa_life_girl New Member

NO WORRIES Claire.....just nice to know that there are some out here that want the "NEWBIES" to go and experience life at Disney for themselves......and NOT try and talk them out of it WAY BEFORE we even arrive.

The fact that you BOTH found love is always spectacular and very cool to hear!!

CHEERS to you both!! ;D ;D

3. april25th

april25th New Member

Well after my chance got cut short(people know why not termination).All i can say is go out and try it and giv e it your best shot as you never know as so many have said before the chances are its going to be obne of the best years of tyour life and you will meet some of the best people in the world and have mad and crazy times with them and juist remember when you are feeling low others have been there so talk about it it makes life easier when you realise your not alone.So in the meantime get out there have fun give it a go and have the "time of your lives" and see you at xmas.
    Love rhianon
    xxxxx
    (to all of you who were there before i left miss you all)

4. Danielle1883

Danielle1883 New Member

I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time at EPCOT, I've been home for nearly a year and I can honestly say that I miss it so much more than I thought possible. I'd just like to say to prospective candidates that the experience is exactly what you make it. I went for disney, the sun and the experience and ended up partying the whole year long, still managing to fit everything in that i wanted, I have the upmost respect for the people that leave early as at times Disney is quite unorganised- like any company!

I had the best time ever and i'd cut off my own leg to go back! Good luck to everyone who's going, does anyone want to swap?

D x

5. Paco Aleman

Paco Aleman New Member

Is all about where you work... my sister in one day.. made more than 300 dlls in one day just on tips... And she back with 7,000 dlls... of one year... and of course she travel

6. Chalet Dude

Chalet Dude Guest

Well, I guess some people dissagree with me on this issue, and I praise them on having fun. I did not have fun at work but most people were ok. I did find that Disney has the mentality of hiring people to get the most work out of them for the least amount of $$ in salaries. I guess that's the American way!!

7. joelle

joelle Guest

hey there chalet dude .... i left 2 months ago , you probably remember me , well for the money issue , yes it sucks for the first months your on cart or seater , but then ! when you get to service , let me tell you you will never make as much money even in service as you ever did in disney , and i can compare ....maybe you should have given yourself more time , but oh well.... its not for everybody , my experience was definetly better because of pple that i met , the great friendships that i build and of course parties ;) , anyways ... i was wondering what was your name hehe ?

take care !

byebye
    joelle , CND fnd 2005-06

8. Chalet Dude

Chalet Dude Guest

Oui Joelle, I remember you.
    The reason I left is because management did not impress me one bit. I thought they were very unorganized and I don't work that way. I thought I would go there and they would have a good training program, boy was I wrong. At my age, 33, I wanted to learn new things and I learned more here in Canada at hotel I now work at, Crowne Plaza, than I ever could have down in the US. Besides, I am not into parties and stuff like that. I kindda felt out of place, maybe because of my age, I don't know...But some people there were kindda of snotty, I thought. I guess we all our opinions. Glad to hear from you and I hope to stay in touch with you again.

Jacques

PS: You are always welcome to the Maritimes!!

9. Chalet Dude

Chalet Dude Guest

Just wondering if anyone else is having hard times or is things going smoothly??

10. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I had a pretty good time on my first program, the only real rough spots I could possibly think of might've been the roomates (which wern't as bad as issues other people had).

I'm a little leary of the commons becuase parties aren't really my thing either but whatever I can't wait to get back down there! We'll see how the CR program treats me in June

11. doowop

doowop New Member

dear lord jordens back on the boards!!

12. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

im not a huge partier either and thats the one thing that worries me but im sure iwill find some like minded people in the mix to go to all the theme parks and play mini golf with lol

13. rachet

rachet New Member

thats the thing, im going more to disney for the theme parks than the parties and clubs, as i can go to those whenever i want in england! i want to take advantage of the parks while im there instead, and hope i meet more people up for doing that! :)

14. Ashley

Ashley New Member

I love a good party and a dance and I am sure I will enjoy life at the Commons but I also love the parks. So I could do either ;D

15. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

Same! I mean, I love going out for a dance, but I can do that whenever I want here- it's not every day you get the opportunity to go to theme parks whenever you want! And I can dance to the Disney songs instead :p

16. sandinshorts

sandinshorts New Member

Yeah, I'm past the needing to drink and party phase of my life. I'm going for the parks and warm florida sun!!! :)

17. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

mmm sunnnn lol

i reckon im going be too knackered to party every night anyways im one of those people whoneeds at least 5 1/2 hours sleep to remain remotely human!

18. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yup back from Florida (temporarily) so I got time to be here again!

And yeah there's a few people down there who don't party... but I know a few people on here (some of you may be surprised) who swore up and down ahead of time they wouldn't drink or do anything of the sort, and were underage anyway, yet quickly became a part of the drinking teams. Not saying this happens to everyone just saying there are people who change their minds. Aparently it's easy to get bored of the parks (after 6 months I didn't have enough!)

19. sandinshorts

sandinshorts New Member

Underage being the key word there. I'm someone who has had the complete freedom of being away from the family, and I am of age. I partied hard, got drunk, got bored, moved on. So I can pretty much guaruntee that I will be a non-partyer and more of a park goer.

P.S. No offence to any underagers. I was a quiet non-drinking underager once too. Then University happened.

20. Emily

Emily New Member

Hey!!

I am down here right now and there are tons of people who don't party. Either going to the parks or going out to dinner it is all good. Work is work, but it is what you make of it. I am having a blast down here and I haven't had a drop of alcohol. Just find the right people to hang out with and you will have a great time! Can't wait to see you guys down here!