doctors/dentist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kevinb6285, Mar 7, 2005.

1. kevinb6285

kevinb6285 New Member

How do we get assigned to a doctor or dentist, is this all straight forward when we get over there? Also hairdressers too, are they expensive in Florida?

Kev :)

2. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Hairdressers are expensive because you are expected to give a tip but you can find cheap ones if you look hard enough.

Doctors are covered under your health insurance but you don't get it all covered and have to go to certain ones. This can be really expensive and so you only tend to go if you are really ill (going for a cold is a little silly). They don't have free health care in the US. When you first go over you will be on your own medical insurance but after 3 months you are allowed to purchase Disney's which covers more. You still have to pay for treatment however and this can be costly

3. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

a little bit unrealted, but.... i'm not sure how true this is, but in some parts of aremica (maybe all??) if you need an ambulance you may be charged up to $1000. i think its to stop people using them in non emergencies. but i could be making the whole thing up ???

4. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

Actually, while I think of it, I wanted to ask about things like eye tests. I wear contact lenses, how much would it cost for me to get them there?