Don't Date Disney

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Aisling, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Aisling

Aisling New Member

I just heard about the Don't Date Disney rule (about cast members not being allowed to date other cast members)
    My boyfriend is also applying to this program, so I'm a little worried now..
    If we both get accepted, would we be risking our jobs by staying together? Obviously, we wouldn't be kissing in costume or anything like that.. but could we get in trouble for going out together in our own time? ???

2. theshox

theshox New Member

I thought that was just an old rule, that Disney abandoned long ago...

I am not 100 % sure, but you could probably google around

3. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

That's not true!! You can date other cast members! Maybe you heard about dating your leaders because that's probably not allowed, but you can date other regular cast members....and most cast members do!

4. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

This is totally untrue!! You can date whom ever you like, cast members hook up with eachother all the time! Infact that's a major part of the program for many people!!! Obviously you have to act professional "on stage" but outside of work you can do what you want with whoever you want! (just don't do it in costume!!)

Relationships between cast and leaders/managers is not really allowed but it happens,a lot!!!! I know of lots of these and even some have gone on and got married, had kids etc!!

5. Aisling

Aisling New Member

Oh ok. That's a relief.

I read it online while doing research last night and could have sworn I'd seen it somewhere else before.

Thanks guys

6. theshox

theshox New Member

Yes you have probably read it, and I have also read it. But they abandoned this rule, since it was not a good "image" for Disney.

7. Aisling

Aisling New Member

Ok, Thanks :)

8. Kerbear

Kerbear New Member

haha yeaaaah ever heard about how hard the Norwegian cast members party? ;p gets pretty wild behind the scenes

9. Peever

Peever New Member

SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I suspect only a few will know what im refering to

10. Kerbear

Kerbear New Member

lmao definitely heard "SMÃ…Ã…Ã…Ã…" too many times while hanging out with disney norwegians ;p

11. Yasmin

Yasmin New Member

oh yeahhh! haha. I'm Norwegian and will be back this summer for my second program.. norwegians definitely partied a lot my first program, I'm sure it hasn't changed that much ;)

12. helveticarock

helveticarock New Member

do the Norwegians party a lot with akvavit? can you even buy akvavit in the US? it's a little revolting, but i party a lot with norwegians right now (well in the summer, at my cabin which is majority norwegians) and it's always busted out for very special events, or friday nights.

13. Yasmin

Yasmin New Member

goodness, no. nobody ever drinks that except for on Christmas Eve. it's awful. and you can actually buy it in the merchandise in the norwegian pavilion :)

14. helveticarock

helveticarock New Member

oh really?? i'll have to buy a bottle when i'm there and send it back to my cabin! i've only had it a few times and it's just the worst (well almost the worst, i really dislike sambuca a whole lot more)

15. citywalk

citywalk New Member

Dam I love those Norwegian Girls :)