Down time

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by bekahkiley, Oct 14, 2011.

1. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

So I know there are no days off but I understand there is some free time... I like to work out and wanted to know what the fitness centers are like and also just what else we can expect in down time ?

2. tommo2189

tommo2189 New Member

Hi, i have never worked on a ship yet but I'm waiting to hear my start date. I asked this question at my interview and they said that normally you get 5 shifts of a week (I'm waitering btw, not to sure if this helps as I'm not sure what your doing lol) They also showed us a video that said that the fitness centers are open 24/7

hope this is of some help

3. roxy84

roxy84 New Member

Yes, the gym is open 24/7 - the gym on the dream is really nice, the one on the wonder/magic is a little smaller but still alright. Basic things like treadmills, elliptical, some weight resistance machines, free weights. There are crew areas to 'hang out' in and of course the crew bar. There is a crew activities manager that plans events for every night, but also some during the day.

Most of my time off was spent in port, sleeping/showering, using the internet, or spending time with friends. Really it depends on your job and the way they schedule shifts.

If you have guest privileges you can use the pools, go to cove cafe for speciality coffee, go see the shows, jog on deck 4 etc. Some positions are not allowed to go into guest areas (besides working of course).

4. tommo2189

tommo2189 New Member

hi just curious but do you know which jobs have guest privileges?? I am doing restaurant service so would i be allowed in these areas?? Tom

5. roxy84

roxy84 New Member

Crew positions do not have these guest privileges, petty officers and officers do. Petty officers are guest services, merch, youth activities, cruise staff, recreation staff, port adventures (those are the ones I know at least). So if you are server I don't believe you do (but I think management levels in the restaurants do). It would be stated on your contract and most likely told to you during your interview.