Drinking! :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan7, Mar 8, 2009.

1. ginabella

ginabella New Member

I find i just cant handle my drink!! im only 20.
    When i started uni, i was fine but i think freshers and my 19th birthday (long long long story) completely shot my liver to pieces, and now i just cant do it lol!!
    I have two glasses of wine and i can feel teh alcohol in my system! so not good!!

Best ways to avoid hangovers is too (agreeing with forloveofmusic)
    - eat a good meal before hand!!
    - not mix your drinks, try and stick to one all night, or similar eg dont mix beer & wine or wine & spirits stick to one or t'other.
    - glass of water between each drink.
    - slice of toast before bed n sip water.

if you do get a hangover, i swear by Diet Coke, really cold!, and if its like a head hangover (like you dont feel really sick at the thought of food)...go with a fry up...the grease does wonders!! =D

2. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Red wine is death the next day!!!! And also it make me really sleepy. One time I was really poor (student) and only had a bottle of red wine which had been in my cupboard for a while, so I took that to my friends to drink before we went out. They were all ready, whereas usually I had to wait around at least an hour and a half, so I had half hour to drink the whole bottle before we went out. I went home at midnight. ;D And there's a picture lurking on facebook somewhere of my two friends Kasia and Jeremy in our old house, and there are a pair of legs in the background sprawled out on the floor behind Kasia and Jez... that's me after a bottle of red haha

You have the exact same drink taste as me, if you just add wine to the list! ;D

3. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

ah yes, not mixing drinks...uni has completely foobarred that concept. i tend to just go for whatever's cheapest due to my lack of taste standards haha. maybe i can be a little bit more classy in florida...here's hoping.

4. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Don't you dare! ;D

5. Karritada

Karritada New Member

ahh i love wine too tho, red is yummy by itself or white with a wee bit of lemonade in it is really refreshing :) yum yum

6. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

I am in love with this wine called Zifendal (sp) gosh darn it it's good!

7. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Me too I prefer white zinfandel and rose. There's one from California called Ernest & Julio Galo and it's sooo good. And in the states it goes for like 4-5 bucks a bottle which is even better.

8. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i've actually heard of these...i feel quite classy!

9. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

They're pretty cheap over here too I think a fiver if that

10. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I ava pint. Of Wine.

If you get that reference then you are too cool for school.

11. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i'm pretty sure it's gav and stace...?

12. Peever

Peever New Member

Rye and Cokes are amazing! Rye is a type of Whiskey for those who dont know. Just a slightly different blend of hops etc that give it a smoother taste. Not so much of a burn as regular whiskey. A local drink here is the Prarier fire 1 oz tequila and a few Tobasco drops. Its got many different forms but its the one everyone does on their legal drinking age birthday haha. Vodka is someting I dont like at all. Nasty experience as some people are aware haha. But otherwise I am open to any drinks BRINGEM ON :D

13. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

vodka straight is well ming. with a mixer i don't mind it though

14. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

urr anything like that without a mixer is revolting, it's so strong and acidic tasting. I'm afraid I've no idea when it comes to all these different alcoholic drinks, if its not served in Weatherspoons then the chances are I've not had it :D

15. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

but when it comes to zywiec and tyskie you're well experienced? heh. i work the other way, if it is served in wetherspoons, chances are i haven't had it - they've just got TOO MUCH choice

16. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

true, i always end up with the same thing anyways. Kopparberg and a straw please ;D

17. DisneyG2009

DisneyG2009 New Member

Oh my god what a amazing thread, I can't believe I have missed this wooooohoooo!

It makes a chance me writing on this site whilst I am sober lol, usualy Vodka and Relentless or G&T have got the better of me hahahahaha.
    .....oh who mentioned Jager Bombs? how fab are they!

18. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i think red bull is having negative effects on my body...may have to avoid admirals, jager bombs etc for a while

19. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

I tell you what I'll miss in America, Vodka and Irn Bru. I'll drink most things but that is the best drink going.

20. theb5

theb5 New Member

Totally agree with you there! I don't know how I'll cope without it! I'm sure we'll find somewhere that sells Irn Bru, although sometimes thats enough of a challenge in England :p