Edinburgh Interviews

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Birdman22, Mar 29, 2010.

1. BriarRose

BriarRose New Member

when does your contract end tino?

2. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

December 4th but i might be back by January! hehe i might be up for a promotion lol

fingers crossed, if i am then i gta be back by first week jan.

3. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

Alright folks got the magical blue letter today and have my visa & medical 9th sep ....did u get ur letter today folks ?

4. BriarRose

BriarRose New Member

Promotion?? Thats amazing well done!!

Bird, when do you start? And what ship?

5. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

I won't get my start date or ship until I have my visa and pass my medical , so in like 3 weeks time hopefully i will know !

6. patito77

patito77 New Member

Hi Bird, IMO, you (as we all...) won't have a Visa until you don't have a date and a ship assigned.

??? ???

Let's wait ::) ::) we can't do anything more.-

7. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

Patito77 what did you mean in your last message, I didn't make sense of it ?

8. patito77

patito77 New Member

Bird, sorry maybe there was a misunderstanding between us.

you have written:
    I won't get my start date or ship until I have my visa...

What did you mean by "MY VISA"?

I thought you were talking about the U.S. six months Visas that we all need to work in the U.S.

If you were talking about that, I just said that without a date you can't have a Visa...

To have a date you need to pass your medical and have a call by the recruiter.

That's why it sounds strange to me your phrase "I won't get my start date or ship until I have my visa", you need a date to have a visa :)

Any way if you were talking about something else or I didn't understand your post, I'm sorry :-X

Have a nice day

9. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

Ahh yeah u must supply a start date but that isn't your actual start date.......I'm getting my visa and medical the same day and once i get them back I will get my official start date and my ship I'm going on..........It's not a 6month visa i think it is either a 10 or 15 year

10. samuel

samuel New Member

:) good luck to everyone going.

11. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

So, I got an email the other day, saying that I should withdraw my application until next year seeing as I can't go until then. Apparently the DCL recommend that you should be able to embark no more than 6 months from your interview and that 8 months is a little too long without touching base.

Now I emailed back (and shall be emailing again) to confirm that if I withdrew, I'd still be guaranteed a job next year, but haven't had a straight answer. I don't mind withdrawing if this is the case, but just wondering if anyone has any advice or has been in a similar position?

12. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Erm... What?!

I'm a bit worried now as I haven't heard from them in a while.

13. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Well I actually wanted to know if you had had the same thing asked of you James, as I think I remember you saying you had put availability for next year. Unless of course you've changed it.

14. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Yeah I changed my availability when I found out I wasn't going to Canada any more. I just wanna get out there as soon as I get back from my trip to Florida!

15. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

Hey guys got my medical, visa & start date ....Off on the Magic October 13th !!! wooooooo.....anybody else with that start date?

16. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

lol welcome aboard kid lol. you'll be coming back just after Dry dock. let the parties begin!

17. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

I sure hope this is a party ship

18. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

i just DJ's 2night mate... it was awesome..... trust me...... its a party ship becoz its long cruises we get to party more..... you'll see!