EIGHTEEN IN ISOLATION??

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by emma, Oct 18, 2004.

1. emma

emma New Member

hey guys....topic names a bit harsh i guess,
    ive just herd a vicious rumour that if u r under twenty one ie cant drink u have to stay in a separate part of the commons. a dry zone i suppose...wondering if anyone else has herd this or whatever??
    thanks xxx

2. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

yeah i cant remember where, but I heard this somewhere. That people under 21 are kept in a seperate part of the commons thats totally dry. No booze! :eek:

I hope I just dreamt it up for Em's sake :(

3. flavour

flavour New Member

yeah, i heard they have something called 'wellness apt', where underage-people and everyone not so into party can live...no smoking, no drinking! i don't think it's a good idea at all, i really liked it the way it was when i was there...

later! flavour xoxo

4. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

yeah yeah! thats the place! "wellness"!

The...very sound of it makes me start gagging.

Im so sorry Ems! :'(

5. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

not cool... i dont agree with that idea at all ! :)

6. laurie

laurie New Member

Don't worry !! it's not true, or not complitly !!
    lol
    Actually when you're under 21 in Florida, No Way to drink legally !! lol
    So they try to keep underage people in the same apt, but sometimes they have to mix (because they don't have room to keep people apart !) so underage cast members can live with overage people, so they have alcohol at home, but if you plan to drink, be careful, if the security cought you, you 'll be terminated, and you can go right back to your country and say goodbye to Disney !
    But don't worry too much, almost all the underage cast members drink, you just have to be very careful
    That's it !!!

7. flavour

flavour New Member

don't know what security is like nowadays, back then they didn't care at all if you were underage or not...you could be right next to them or talking to them being really drunk and underage and they knew it and wouldn't do anything! sure, when we just arrived we were really careful and a little scared to becaught as well, but that changed really quickly!! but i heard that security became really strict on that matter!

later! flavour xoxo

8. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah i heard about the wellness apartments as well, didn't know how true it was.

only question i have is if they do separate you, if i am successful through my interview *which is in 24 days argh* and when it comes for me to leave next june/july i will be 20, 21 at the beginning of july so i wonder where i would get housed!!

9. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I wonder wher youd get put Sara? I reckon theyd probably put you in the non-wellness apts cos youd only be underage for like a month and they probably have people who are underage for their whole time there who theyd rather put in the wellness apts!

I think overage people can opt to stay in them too - although Im not sure why they would!!! I think theres a lot of info about wellness apts on the old boards if anyone wants to do a search!

Anyone out ther now or just back have any more info - are they still running the wellness apts?

Michelle xx

10. emma

emma New Member

thanks for all that guys!!!!!!!!!
    Interview in februray....BRING IT ON!!!!

11. Andy

Andy New Member

you wait 18 years to be able to drink legally, then its taken away from you by them stupid american laws!!!! damn them yanks! 21! stupid age!

12. flavour

flavour New Member

but being allowed to drive a car at 16 and to buy handguns!! ::)

13. emma

emma New Member

hahah
    valid point flavour altho i prefer a nice malibu and diet coke than a rifle ! hehe....andy well av2 be secluded with bry to......!!!

14. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey Guys:D

The Wellness Thing doesn't really bother me, cause im really not going there to party ( thats much ;) ) But yeah I just hope I get it!! Im super stoked now that everything is over and it's just a phone call away :D!! Anyways, but yeah, I think it's good also that were put somwhere else, that way we won't be temped to do anything and therfore we won't get terminated if for that one chance we get caught right! Oh well, It's just for a year right!! Im not even 19 yet, (one more week) But im sure i can handle a year without drinking... After all were there to be a part of the magic right :D :D :D

15. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

i hate bad news.. this was kinda bad news to find out this was a true rumor!!!!

but i guess it will be fine because i want to lessen the chances of being caught or anything going wrong down there!

16. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

17. flavour

flavour New Member

@emma: yeah, i'd prefer a good, strong cocktail, too! ;D

not there to party?? you'll change your mind as soon as you're there!! ;) and i don't think you'll have to go one year without any alcohol, even being underage the whole time! nobody who didn't want to didn't need to! :p

later! flavour xoxo