Epic Mickey Wii game!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CazzieAnwyn, Dec 30, 2010.

1. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

Oh my I am in love <3

I've been kicked off the wii because I just cant stop playing it <3 for me its just to much fun, its Kinda challenging with a good plot line I think. Though stealing hearts of the forgotten characters was a little sad D= Sadder that I don't actually know any of the characters in black and white! Except for big pete D=

Whats everyone elses thoughts on the game?

2. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Love, love, love it!!

I love the fact that depending on whether you use paint or thinner to complete certain tasks it changes the outcome and reward :)
    I also adore the look of it as well, the whole warped Disneyland- because there are so many things you can pick out that are at Disneyland but have been changed slightly.

It gets a big old thumbs up from me :D

3. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

gutted its not out for ds! i sold my wii

4. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

Argh I know right! I'm a painter xD I dont like melting things much seems a bit harsh even if they do nut you in the head ¬.¬

=O Nooo! Not good, not good at all D=

5. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I like to mix it up a bit and use both, it depends on my mood! :D

6. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

Ahaha xD Well thats fair enough really xD I must admit I may have accidentally melted a lady cow because she wasn't very friendly towards me xD I painted her back up after I did it though

7. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

I got it for christmas and loved it!! I haven't gotten very far into it cause i'm busy, but agreed it has a great plot, and so much of it reminds me of the parks.

8. meelie

meelie New Member

I got it too and am really enjoing it but haven't got very far because I'm rubbish at it!! Wii games are apparently not my strong point, it took me an hour to get past one obstacle (all I had to do was jump across 3 gear things and I kept falling through them). I'm considering giving up as I'm so bad at it but I don't want to! xx

9. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

I'm not that great either xD keep at it though, if your not good at it now you can only get better =D

10. meelie

meelie New Member

Ok so I had a free day today so I've been a nerd and perservered with it and I think I'm getting better!!! Woo xxx

11. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

I spent HOURS trying to do that one. I didn't like how it doesn't give you much direction when you first start. Truthfully, i had to get my sister to do the jump part. I kept getting knocked off by that stupid eye machine thing. The Wii aspect is hard to grasp for me.. i think it would be easier if it were on Playstation.. but would defeat the purpose of it a little i guess..

12. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Was that the It's a Small World one? I spent ages trying to work that out with the gears, where you are following Oswald. Then I realized that I could thin out the gears and stop the platforms moving... took me a while to figure it out though!

13. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

I did some serious gaming the past two nights, much to the... dispear (sp??) of my collegues at work who had to put up with a moody teenage girl who had the job of cleaning the kitchen ¬.¬. And I just beat captain hook =D Well I say me... I will let you all find out once you get there xD

14. mushu

mushu New Member

I saw this game advertised and thought oooooooo Disney + Wii = fun

Anyone kinda want to explain what the game is all about? It sounds kinda artistic, which got me worried cos I've no skill at that kind of thing!!

15. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

You're probably best off watching this Vicky, It's the opening video on the game and explains the back story

http://www.newsarama.com/common/media/video/player.php?aid=37488

But in a nutshell, you are Mickey and are trying to save this world known as 'wasteland'. Wasteland is where all forgotten Disney characters are sent, and is run by Oswald the lucky rabbit, who has based it on Disneyland- but as he has never seen Disneyland he can only base it on concept, and so it is slightly warped and distorted. Mickey ends up there because he accidently spills paint thinner on the painting that houses the world, and created a monster which is now overtaking the wasteland. You have the choice as Mickey, to be good or mischievous- as you can use paint to interact with the world around you and your enemies (if you use paint to attack your enemies it turns them good) or you can use thinner which destroys things. And depending which one you use, your rewards within the game change.

Hope this clears things up a bit! But I would recommend watching the opening video :)

16. mushu

mushu New Member

Oooh thanks, just watched it. Certainly does seem epic and a lil scary lol! :D

17. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

not been on it for a few nights now butttt iv justt cleared Ventureland hehe! love it and it is reallll addictive! :p iv also been using a mix of paint and thinner lol :)

18. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I will say though, the camera angles are shocking at times. I've died quite a few times, purely because of the camera angle- I was not best pleased :mad:

19. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

I'm battling a blot thing at the moment xD

Agreed about the camera angles, so frustrating at times, and to change them takes forever, not good when your battling things and they're off the screen and you cant see them, especially when they're breathing you in!

20. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I'm at the point of battling The Mad Doctor at the end of The Haunted Mansion bit (I know it's not called the Haunted Mansion, but I can't remember what the game calls it lol). The another thing about the camera angles, sometimes you try to change them but they won't move- majorlyyyy frustrating!