EVERYBODY WHO HAS INTERVIEW ON NOV 12TH READ HERE!!!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by topsassyuk, Oct 19, 2005.

1. lucy s

lucy s New Member

Oh I really wish I could and meet you all on the Friday but will definately meet on the Saturday morning if that's ok. My number is 07947791955. Thanks Will - reading all the info on these boards has helped so much :) :) :)

Chris - I miss you and am jealous that you are there before me. Would be so cool if we were out there at the same time.

2. hackettboi

hackettboi Guest

;) Hey Ur Welcome Lucy... These girls and guys on here are invaluable!! See you on Saturday then! Safe Journey! ;)

3. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

Oh boy has this thread died down! Where is everyone? u all like me getting very scared?! come on guys i need you on here to tell me everything is gonna be ok and that we can get through this together otherwise i might just break down and :'(

4. hannahr

hannahr New Member

Hey Jess! It has been quiet on here for a couple of days! I'm getting nervous now as well. I keep reading all of these tips on interviews and stuff but I think it might be making me worse! Need to do it though as I haven't had an interview in years.

Let me know where you want me to meet you guys on Friday night. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Hannah

5. hackettboi

hackettboi Guest

;) Hey Jess... I think you hit the nail on the head there... We're all getting rather nervous now... Although, as confident as ever @ the interview I hope, we're all gonna be like swans... Graceful and calm above the water, but kicking like mad underneath trying to get to where we want to go!!!

:) Personally speaking, I've gone kinda quite because there's ALOT riding on the interview, and obviously we all want it SOOO much otherwise we wouldn't be applying right?  I mean, fair enough, I think everyone wants to do this for all sorts of different reasons, personally I'd do it for free if it means being able to meet and live with all different cultures - how cool is that!

AND...

;) Hey Hannah... I also think you're right... If we 'live' on these boards for a few days it kinda 'burns ya out' mentally I mean.  For the chance to do something SOOOOOO amazing and magical (here we go again... disney promo video coming up!) that for just a blink of an eye (ok, I mean 12 months) in our lifetime is truly awesome I reckon.  It'll stay with us for the rest of our lives.  (Ok, fair enough, that might mean needing therapy when we get back but you know what I mean!)

:) I'm not too sure on how long this interview will take, although I guess at around 30mins (hey I may be entirely wrong on that) but for just that 30 minutes alone, how we respond and react could carve the next 12 months of our lives, not to mention 'making the dream come true'.  - And that's what's making me more nervous... a bit like on your driving test... one wrong turn and that's it! (Although I'm sure they understand and make exceptions!!)

;) Like Jess, I've been watching a whole range of Disney DVD's to 1) Kill the time; 2) To just relax; 3) Ya never know - those trivia questions might be related to something we've watched!!

;D I THINK THAT IF YOU WANT SOMETHING SOOOOOO BADLY - THERE MIGHT JUST BE A CHANCE OF YOU GETTING IT.  ALL YOU'VE GOTTA DO IS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF... BELIEVE IN YOURSELF... (Echo fading away) BELIEVE IN YOURSELF (Echo fading away)

:eek: Sorry... Jabbering on there... Oh and just one other thing before it's too late... RDV POINT - WE NEED TO ARRANGE A MEETING POINT AND TIME GUYS AND GIRLS (Thanks Hannah for that one)

ANSWERS ON A POSTCARD...
      :D  :D  :D

6. babychi

babychi New Member

:) Hey peps!! Jessie here, bin gone i long time from the boards!
    :) i cant believe the interviews in 5 days, i dont feel nervius yet but i know i will at TGI'S!
    ;) Talking but TGI'S the table been booked? because can i book another person with me because shes coming down with me and i didint want to leave her! (she just split with her boyfriend ???) if not cool i work at TGI'S in Sheffield (as you all know!) and i know the wil jus add another seat!
    ;D Where is everyone meeting before TGI'S?
    Thanks peps cant wait to see every1!! c yeah Friday guys! Jessie xxxx

7. hackettboi

hackettboi Guest

??? Just casting my memory back to PAGE 4 of this...

??? What does everyone think??? Bearing in mind that there are TWO bars in the hotel (ok NOT including the 629 additional mini-bars before one of you pick up on that!)

8) The way I'm thinking is: If we say 17.30hrs for everyone to meet up in the LOUNGE BAR it'll give you a chance to arrive, check-in, unpack, shower and change etc etc etc before we meet yeah???

:) ALSO (Wait for it, there's more...)
    I've been thinking *dramatic music* about the SATURDAY morning people who'd like to meet up from these boards beforehand too. (ie. Those who won't be making the TGI Dinner)

;) It's an a perfect venue and opportunity to meet up with everyone and have a natter before the: 1) Stampede 2) Presentation 3) Interview (all in that order!!! lol)

??? So, what do we say?? How about 0800hrs in the LOUNGE BAR again (it opens at 0700hrs - to make life simple)

;D Again, it gives everyone time to park up, find the Shopping Centre, Find Hammersmith(!), Find London for that matter(!!), Have Breakfast, A spot of Knitting - or whatever floats your boat at that un-godly hour of the morning!

:) That way, if everyone knows now, (as I dont think many will have internet access on the move) then we'll be sure to meet up yeah???

RE-CAP:
    FRIDAY 11th TGI DIN DINS PEOPLE.
    1730hrs - Meet in the LOUNGE BAR, Novotel West, Hammersmith.
    LINK TO DIRECTIONS FOR THOSE NOT STOPPING THERE:   http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fichehotel/gb/nov/0737/fiche_hotel.shtml
    1830hrs - Table BOOKED for 15 @ TGI Friday's - Covent Garden.
    LINK TO DIRECTIONS:   http://www.tgifridays.co.uk/storefinder.phtml

SATURDAY 12th D-DAY. (eeek eeek eeek - psycho music)
    0800hrs - All board (not bored!!) candidates meet in the LOUNGE BAR, Novotel West, Hammersmith.
    LINK TO DIRECTIONS FOR THOSE NOT STOPPING THERE:   http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fichehotel/gb/nov/0737/fiche_hotel.shtml
    0815hrs - Stampede through the door @ the Disney Attractions Office. (hehe, mental image of all these disney'd up people charging through the door!)

??? Any idea's or will this be ok with everyone??

8. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

@ Will - as regards to a RDV point maybe all those staying at hammersmith can meet at the novotel bar at whatever time (maybe an hour before table is booked) and then we can head to TGI's together and meet the rest (such as Hannah) by the entrance?! Unless the others wanna meet us at novotel too, it all depends whats easiest for them i suppose!

@ Jessie - the table has been booked but is for 15 people and I'm sure there isnt 15 of us (more like 10) so i should imagine there will certainly be a seat for your friend without having to book another one  ;D

9. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

Ha u just beat me to it with the meeting up at 17.30. The plans for the saturday morning sound good to me too.

10. hackettboi

hackettboi Guest

Great minds thinks alike!! hehehe.  ;D
    I booked for 15 to air on the side of caution as it get's incredibly busy there... like any TGI's I reckon. But I figured 5ish spare seats were ample.  ;D
    Yeah, Ideally we just need to make sure everyone reads it now... hmm... now that's a tricky one.  ???

11. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

i think i have the majority of people's phone numbers so i could text them all telling them either the plan or make sure they come on here and read this! Oh yeah and will i hope u dont think i was having a dig at ya for booking extra seats, it was a good idea especially as its quite hard to pin an exact number of how many are coming ;)

12. hannahr

hannahr New Member

All sounds good to me. Think I'll probably meet you outside TGI's rather than trek to Hammersmith as it will be easier to meet you there from work.  So I'll see you at 6.30 p.m. (or just before) outside TGI's in Covent Garden then!  Make sure one of you waits outside for me if you get there early as I'll definately be coming!

Hannah

13. lucy s

lucy s New Member

Hey  :)

Thanks for your texts Jess and Will.

Ok so if I get to Hammersmith for 8 (which I am planning to) I will try find the Novotel hotel and meet you guys. If not I will see you all at the offices at 8.15. So excited!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun at TGI's on Friday and I will see you all on Saturday  :D

14. hackettboi

hackettboi Guest

;) Thanks Lucy!!!
    :eek: ee you in a few days!!!
    ;D Safe Journey!!!

15. hackettboi

hackettboi Guest

*picking myself up off the study floor* LMAO... Absolutely NOT Jess... Aww bless ya... but thanks for the concern anyway. No, I always book extra when doing stuff like this as I've been in Hotel Management for the past 'zillion' (well, seems like it) years and I've learnt to accept this happens with allsorts of functions. (I've even had an additional coffin turn up at a funeral reception before now... hehe, I still remember the family contact ringing up and asking "room for one more?" - The chef went nuts, but I told him it was ok as I didn't think that the additional one would be eating much!! - I guess you had to be there to see the funny side!)

Apologies if that offends anyone reading re: the funeral story (a bit heavy on this board i know) but levity kinda helps sometimes.  I can assure you full respect was given to all attending at the time.  Their family still laugh about it to this day apparently.

Anyway... back on topic... yeah, so no probs Jess... Finger's crossed if you can rally round and get their attention. (It's at this point we need one of those S.O.S torches like on Batman to shine into the sky - Only with a BIG DISNEY "D" instead - lol - think I need therapy already!)  :-\

Hakuna Matata!  ;D

16. hackettboi

hackettboi Guest

:-\ I've now unpacked everything I was taking to re-consider what I'm gonna be wearing for the interview!!!  :-\ 
    :eek: Aaaarrrggghhh!!! What a nightmare!!!  :eek: 
    ::) Ok, so I've now narrowed it down to just a choice of EIGHT ties out of about 40 (welcome to my world!)  ::)
    :eek: Each one gives me a different look...  :mad:  8)  ::)  :p Clever but Scary!!  :eek: 
    ::) Or... Do I "go tactical" and buy a new Disney Tie - Hmmmm... Not sure now!  ??? 
    (I've really gotta stop over-using these smileys!)...  :D - Sorry Could'nt resist!...  :D - *Oh Gosh* there we go again! It's SMILEY TOURETTES!

17. old bird

old bird New Member

WOAH!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Things are really starting to get intense!!

I'm still desperately searching for that perfect suite!!(A girl's gotta have a new one!), so i'd say u're slightly ahead of me Will, at least u've got u're things together to pack and unpack!

I'm deffo up for meeting in the lounge at 5.30, i should be getting to hotel
    around 3/3.30. 0HHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    can't believe that will be in 3 days!
    I'm nearly down to my knuckle bones already!!!!!!

18. james_wales

james_wales New Member

I dug my case out from under my bed last night, and spent the next 40 minutes trying to work out what i had se the combination lock code to!

New suit fits nicely....like you Will, i just need to choose a tie now, for the girls it is what shoes to wear, and for us guys it is ties! Ive got lots and lots of blue ties, but it is just choosing the pattern!

Also spent this afternoon photocopying the stuff they want, and sorting it all out. Hair appointment is booked for 11am tommorrow...and after that it's off to the station to double check the train time hasnt changed!

This is all as exciting as the preparation for an actual holiday to WDW...except the travel time is about 7 hours shorter!

Cant wait to meet you all now :) :) :) :) :)

J
    xx

19. hackettboi

hackettboi Guest

LoL! You're SOOOOO right, everthing's starting to take shape now... Hey, you'll find a great suit I'm sure!

OMG! That's kinda funny... Combination locks are evil!!! hehehe TIP: If anyone else's reading this, a good tip regarding combination locks on luggage is to write it inside your passport in pencil... Seen as though whenever you use your suitcase, you 'generally' use your passport too!

Ties Ties Ties... I dunno... I think I'm gonna take a few with me and decide once I'm in the hotel.

See ya real soon!!

20. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

Will u have brightened up my day u have made me laugh so hard it hurts and now i have stopped laughing i cant even remember what i was laughing at in the first place!

@ James – scary thing i am getting my hair done at 11 tomorrow too (cue creepy music) do u think it could be a sign?!!!!! Only thing is i can guarantee i will spend a hell of a lot more time and money at the hairdressers than u do!

I havent bought a new suit I am just wearing my old one which is a year old but have only worn it about 3 times so it aint worn out or ought but i’m really scared I wont look as smart as all of u in ur new ones! As for choosing shoes, I only have 1 pair that goes (surprisingly) and they absolutely kill my feet so i hope we dont have to do too much walking on Saturday.

I cant believe it only 3 more sleeps before TGI’s and then 1 more sleep and its the day our fate is decided!!!!!!!!!