F2F 22nd Feb

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by blackcatuk, Jan 29, 2010.

1. debz

debz New Member

im def up 4 walking it, wud rather walk out the extra nerves n not b stuffed on a tube n get all flustered n sweaty n panicked if its delayed or gets stopped lol
    u stayin in the travelodge? ru all meetin up the nyt b4 4 dinner? i get in to euston at 7.30 i think n will b starved if u all r gona go 4 food n a few drinks.

2. blackcatuk

blackcatuk New Member

Lol dont worry I'm exactly the same! I keep worrying over everything like I might find something I totally forgot after then tenth time of looking at it all! You found a suit yet? Ahhh drama!

I'm well up for the walk, the tube in the morning is absolutely living hell, so again I'd rather walk it to walk out the nerves like Debz!
    I'm up for the meal still if someone wants to go ahead and book it? Will be a good chance to meet before the interview to put our minds at rest!

3. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Ok well where does everyone want to go? There is that bar, Maxwells which isn't too busy sundays - and they also serve food. Its the american type place that I mentioned. Or there is T.G.I Fridays, La Tasca, Nandos all local?

I'm going through the checklist - havent got a clue where my birth certificate is!!! Is everyone just using the C.V that they attached to their original application?

4. debz

debz New Member

yea im up 4 dinner tho i wont b at the travelodge til 8pm i rekon cos get of the train at 730
    il eat newer lol

yea jus using same cv

5. Daveinwonderland

Daveinwonderland New Member

Yes ;D I have found a nice suit, thats another box ticked! Just trying to make sure i dont forget anything.

Random question.....does anyone have a cover letter to go along with there cv? Ive read through some of the previous topics/programmes that people have had cover letters with their cv's? But as far as im aware ive never been asked for one? What about you guys? Hmmm im thinking i might do one just incase tho ???

6. little_miss_debz

little_miss_debz New Member

I've just found out a couple of hours ago im going 2 London 2! soooo excited and greatful cause the email sent invitin me for phone interview somehow got deleted and thanks to this forum i got in touch and asked what my result was! so im sooo thakful! im from Aberdeen and prob travellin down on Sunday!

7. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

Wow - you were lucky. The cut off date for the RSVP was 8th Feb, so congrats on getting in.

8. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Hey!! I haven't done a covering letter! I don't really know what to put in one!!

Ok - so for the night before.... how many of us are wanting to meet for meal?

9. blackcatuk

blackcatuk New Member

I'm up for the night before meal for sure :)

Oh and 7 Days to go!!!!!!!!!

10. debz

debz New Member

im up for meetin night b4, im stayin in the travelodge if others r ther n wana met up to head out sumwers.

not long now!!

11. debz

debz New Member

oh u c wen u wer al printing of the form 4 yj is it landscape not vertical?

12. blackcatuk

blackcatuk New Member

6 DAYS!!

Not that I'm getting excited/nervous or anything ::)

Debz: Yep the form is landscape!

Anyone else find the form a little daunting? All that legal jargon at the bottom was a bit scary!

13. debz

debz New Member

im so excited!!!!!!

the form was very formal lol i read the bit of jargon at the bottom n i was like whoa! very serious!!!

but other than that whooooooo!!!! this time next week and it will b done and we'll b wondering now when do we get results lol, another new thread to link up the 2 interview days again though lol

aaaagggghhhhh excitement!!!

14. Daveinwonderland

Daveinwonderland New Member

Aaaah its all i can think about, im really excited for it now. Got my new suit yesterday, check! Documents sorted and photocopied, check! Updated CV, check! Application form completed....kind of check :-\ ! I couldnt fit everything on lol really small spaces.

Im excited to meet everybody in the morning, and a Venti Starbucks on the way to the interview will go down a treat ;D!

15. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

I keep changing my mind about what I'm wearing lol!! Got everything else sorted though, just gotta sit back and wait now!!! Getting so nervous though!!!

16. blackcatuk

blackcatuk New Member

5 Days!! I'm really getting ridiculously excited now about it all! Still have to sort out my documents etc though :s

I was the same! All that stuff at the bottom was a bit serious! All I could think when reading it was they where basically like "You do this, we'll sue. You do this, we'll sue. You do this, you have 24 hours to leave the country" But I'm sure it'll be find :)

And I'm sure there'll be a "F2F Interview results" thread up in no time at all!

Haha samee hereeeee! Makes focusing at work so hard doesn't it? Well just think, this time in 5 days we'll all be drinking Starbucks and getting all nervous together!

Lol! I can't say to much, it's taken me 4/5 shopping trips to decide what I'm wearing. It'll be fineeeeeee! We can do last minute interview prep (asking each other random questions) at the hotel the night before!

17. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Haha!! Yeh, last min practice is always good!! I am feeling so ill though :( Am determined that I am going to be better tomorrow... mind over matter and all of that!!!!

18. blackcatuk

blackcatuk New Member

We can have interview practice over food :D Anybody know what we're doing the night before yet in terms of the mea? Oh and dont worry, I'm still not feeling great either! I'm just going to make sure I'm so hyper on flu remedy tablets and coffee nobody will be able to tell :D

19. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Haha good plan!! Although I'll substiute the coffee for tea!!

I dont think we've really decided -- I had a look at the american style place and its pretty expensive.... but there is a nandos near, or a la tasca (I also think I may have a 50% off food voucher for there aswell) so we could always go to one of them? I think Debz isn't gettin in until around 8, so maybe head somewhere around then?

20. blackcatuk

blackcatuk New Member

Nando's & La Tasca are always fine by me! Not fussy in the slightest!

As for food etc, I'm sure we'll be able to find somewhere for a coffee and a gossip while waiting for others to get there. Might be worth arranging to meet in the foyer for like 8:30 or something? Ahh I'm sure it'll be fine!