F2F interview: 1st October

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by kanga-rooney, Sep 10, 2010.

1. slider655

slider655 Member

Good luck everyone! Just be yourself and have fun. Also enjoy looking round Disney HQ! :)

2. AnnaBell

AnnaBell New Member

How did the interviews go today people?
    xxx

3. kanga-rooney

kanga-rooney Member

Long day! Seeing as I was one of the last. But everyone I met off here was absolutely lovely honestly. Made me feel at ease. Just on train home having left meal early which Im kinda gutted about but I can't wait to get back to my bed!

Some info: Hannah said about 1,200 people applied.300 got phone interviews. And each day 60 people invited to interview. Today 1 cancelled & 3 were no shows I believe. She said they always over invite people for this reason.

Other then that its either a yes or wait list or "opportunity list" in Disney lingo - or the few dreaded nos. But only a few!! Also Disney before recession could say how many staff were needed but now in this economic climate its better to have the list to call up people for predicted busy times!! Also its 3 weeks until we could potentially hear anything - but yummy do tend to get back to us quite quickly so maybe before?

Best wishes for my group today & good luck tomorrow xx

4. Sam_s87

Sam_s87 New Member

Hi everyone, gutted I have only just found this site. Heard a lot of you talking about it today and can't believe I didn't see it before!!!! Ahhh, so how does every one think they did, wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, the next three weeks I think are going to be longest ever!!! Roll on the 22nd October. Anyway look forward to some chats on here in the next few weeks.

And Jen, I'm the girl (Samantha) you did your interview with, I Sassoon overwhelmed by it all earlier I didn't saywell done, you were great and I can't see wouldn't give you a position.

Samantha Scott
    Dorset xx :)

5. marianne1506

marianne1506 New Member

hi guys was great meeting you yesterday especially those in the last load of interviews. was a very long tiring day! all the caffeine i had drank throughout the day finally decided to kick in at about 11pm....i was not impressed!so i guess good luck to everyone and hope to see some of you again sooon!!

marianne portch

6. Charlyjo

Charlyjo New Member

Hello!! was lovely meeting everyone yesterday. Thanks for telling me about this forum. I wish everyone good luck. and hope you see everyone soon :) Charly x x x x

7. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Hey everyone, hope all your interviews went amazingly!!! Was fab to meet people on Thurs night, really helped to calm me down. And everyone on Fri was lovely!

Oo hi Sam :) I've got to say that your interview answers were a million times better than mine! She seemed so much more interested in your CV and all your experience working in a hotel and with the scouts. And Jason from Yummy Jobs was well impressed with your CV too! I think it's safe to say you did brill :) I'm honestly not expecting a 'yes' based on my interview, I ended up feeling like a bag of nerves when we sat down. I sounded like a right bumbling idiot. I didn't mention half of what I'd prepared about my culture and work experience. My brain seemed to have shut down for the interview.
    Like I said, as much as I'd lovelovelove to get a position I'm really not expecting a 'yes' anymore. I was so annoyed with myself after the interview. I actually felt like apologizing to her or asking to be re-interviewed on Sat :( Baah.

And Amy... I hope your driving round Birmingham on your Wall.E scooter now :) hehee

8. steviebobs

steviebobs New Member

Hi Guys!

I hope you all enjoyed yesterday, and made the most of your day! It was a looooong day, I didn't expect to be in for that long! Was great to meet some of you guys - and I'm hoping as many of you make it as possible!

I have to echo what you said Jen_J, Im not expecting a yes based on my interview, and I didn't mention half of what i had could have, and I felt my answers were a bit vague - but who's to know, we can only keep our fingers crossed!

Good luck guys. :)

9. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Yeah I suppose it's difficult to squeeze all your culture facts and work experience into the interview especially when it's more like a chat. I just felt a bit flustered because I kept thinking "Oo that's interesting" after Sam's answers so I ended up forgetting what I was on about. I just sort of felt that our interviewer (I want to call her Alison... can't remember her name now) was more impressed by her CV than mine so I found it quite intimidating. I'm finding it really hard to stop analyzing the interview it's driving me mad!
    Like you said, all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and start waiting some more.

10. kanga-rooney

kanga-rooney Member

I would love to be scootering around on that bad boy right now!! But you were meant to distract everyone... Plus we never got to go stalk Johnny Depp! *sigh*

Yesterday feels like a million years ago - I keep cringing when I think back at my waffled answers & all the things I forgot to say DOH! However I expect that when they review us - they will look at our CVs etc too; so to make their decisions & hopefully talk to the Yummy guys. They know we will panic & forget stuff - I think it was more to do with our confidence & how we interact with people. But i'm going to try & stop thinking about it for now... & just try & be all HAKUNA MATATA! ;) that should last oh... 15 minutes?

11. Mikey_M

Mikey_M New Member

heyy im the same I think alot of us would have been a bit nervous or not said everything they wanted to at the interview. I don't think that's necessarily too bad though it could show how much you really want to go out there and how it means so much, it should just be natural that your nervous and Jill and Hollis (I think? ???) will know this. I've read a few people's blogs about how they didn't think they'd done well at all and been shocked at getting a position so it's all goood, can't change anything now just got to wait :) Even if it's just waitlisted we get we'll still be gettin to go to disney eventually which is what we went to london to achieve ;D

12. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Heyy! Hope all of your interviews went swimmingly! :) lol. Was nice to meet you guys that made it to the meal! I was ok unti about a hour before my time and got soo nervous! But as you all know, the interview was fine, and I lost all nerves! :) just gotta wait for the results now :)

13. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Can't believe I forgot the distraction! I think Johnny Depp should have left the Pirates of the Caribbean filming and just turned up for the Disney presentation in full Jack Sparrow costume. I mean, is that too much to ask for? Honestly! ::)

Yeah that's true Mikey_M, I've read some blogs too about people being interviewed in pairs where they thought the other person just outshone them completely but they were offered a position. I just wish I felt more confident about how I did, not too sure it'll be a yes for me but only time will tell.

Glad your interview went well Gary :) Back to the dreaded waiting now!

14. Sam_s87

Sam_s87 New Member

Hello,

Jen, dont worry seriously, U did amazing, and when you talked about Wales, i was like wow she knows a lot. W
    I have been at work all day thinking i could have done something different, said something different, but at the end of the day what is done is done and there is nothing that can be done now. We just have to wait and see and hopefully well be seeing each other in a few months!!!! I still cant believe that yesterday is done, i really do hope the next three weeks go quickly. we will all have to keep in contact...

The two Women from disney were Jill and Hollis, the presentation at the begining made me want to do it even more, everything looked amazing.

sam xx

15. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Aw cheers Sam :) that's really sweet. Got to say again that your answers were all great, I'm confident you'll be out in sunny Florida next year! Really hoping we all get some good news. Would be beyond fab if we all get out to Epcot.

Ah yeah her name was Hollis, oops don't know where I got Alison from??? lol

16. Sam_s87

Sam_s87 New Member

LOL, everything was such a blur- it all went so quickly, i keep forgetting the questions we were asked, it just feels like a whirl wind!! I am going to spend a lot of time in the gym in the next three weeks to try and take my mind of it!!!

xx

17. El1987

El1987 New Member

It was really lovely to meet everyone.

When I first left the interview, I felt quite happy. Holis (Or Hollis?) was genuinely lovely. She definitely put me at ease a little, but I still felt nervous. The guy I was with was very good, and I think we helped eachother out, but now I can't help feeling I messed it up. It's such a blur though.

I'm reaaaally worried because I only brought along one photocopy of my passport. I just checked my emails now, and seen that we had another email off yummy, on the 30th, clearly stating they needed two copies. :-/ Hannah said it would be no problem, but I'm still concerned.

Hannah was so nice too. She also put me at ease when I had a little chat with her.

If I don't get it, I'll obviously be devastated because I realised at the interview, just how badly I wanted it, but it's been a wonderful experience meeting everyone, getting to see the Disney HQ and also a bit of London sight seeing.

/end essay.

18. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Hey guys

Was great to meet so many of you on the 1st, gave me a real taster for Orlando if all finally get there! (fingers crossed) I kinda feel the same way as lot of people have already said on here, nerves got the better of me etc etc and I totally didn't get to say everything I had ideas for beforehand. I suppose Jill & Hollis are used to that happening though and can probably see beyond it..

Jill was lovely - me and BrerJon had a bit of a chat and giggle with her which hopefully scored some brownie points being the last two people to be interviewed on the 1st!! I'm not really expecting a yes anymore, but I'm figuring if I have that mind set now at least if it is good news I'll be surprised rather than getting hyped up and then dissappointed.
    The only other niggle I have is the fact I forgot my damned covering letter for my CV, which basically had every point on it that I wanted to say at interview - i'm seriously hoping they don't look at a covering letter-less CV in a bad way, although I'm sure it would have helped. Did they take everybody elses covering letter along with CV's, or just them on their own?

It's gonna be a tense three weeks! Lets hope we did ourselves justice, as Hannah said if you want this bad enough it will shine through at interview regardless. But still, to be boiled down to the final 100-110 interviewees or so from 1200 applicants is an achievement in itself!

Keep us posted people, Dan x

19. sarahstewart91

sarahstewart91 New Member

Hey guys

Was amazing to meet everyone on Friday! Hope everyones interviews went well and lets hope we all see each other again soon :)

x

20. Sam_s87

Sam_s87 New Member

Hey guys,

Is anyone else feeling the same as me, I can not concentrate and just want to know now!!!! It is driving me mad. I wanna keep talking about it all over facebook but i have not told many people and cant at the moment cause of work and i think i am driving my family mad with it!!!! LOL. i hope i know by Friday, as I dont think i could handle another weekend.

Sam xx