F2F interview for the 2nd Oct.

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disney.freak, Sep 10, 2010.

1. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Hey :) This is the only official info I can find on the roles available: https://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/crp/roles_uk.html

2. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Thanks Vicky! :)

3. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

Mine would be F&B first, as I've worked in a restaurant and cafe, then probably HRC as I'm a bit of a history geek so would quite enjoy that, and then Merch as the only experience I have there was with Woolies!! lol x

4. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

OMGosh! I am SO excited this morning! :)

Thank you ever so much for all the advice and chat in regards to my last post! :)

I'm trying on my old suits today - fingers crossed they look OK and I don't have to pay out for a new one - wise words KatLou! :)

I've finally done my online application - still quite scared that I've filled it out wrong. Haha. It went OK for me, no problems... the only worry was what to actually input! Haha.

I don't think I fancy HRC - although of course, if that was all that was offered - I'd jump at the chance. I'm still deciding between F+B & Merch as I've had experience in both. I don't mind working hard, and I'll be happy whatever the role... but I am a bit of a shopaholic, so perhaps the highest earning role I would prefer....Lol. But not sure which that would be - merch - higher rate of pay or F+B - work for tips. But overall, I don't mind what I do - I'd happily clean toilets if that was the only job available! Haha.

5. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

P.s Does anyone else find themselves day dreaming and talking about Florida and getting really excited & then starts thinking - Hang on, need to stop thinking about this because I've still got a long way to go yet...? I have to keep stopping myself - I'm just way too excited! :)

6. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Definetly, I can't help thinking. But I do stop myself sometimes cause it's like, I may not get it. But I am just TOO excited.

7. stevie-rhiannon

stevie-rhiannon New Member

Haha. All I talk about is WDW and Orlando!!
    Its quite tricky to not let out the secret at work though... I've told them I'm obsessed cause I'm going on holiday there next year (which I will if I dont get the role). But little do they know!..

I went to scope out the restaurant yesterday, its super easy to get to!

SO EXCITED!! This time next week I wonder how I'll feel though!!

8. stephanie_jane

stephanie_jane New Member

guys!! i seem to have lost my email that said what i had to bring to the interview. i know i have to bring a print out of an application, but i have no idea where i have to do this application, or if ive already done it or how to print it out :S.
    helllllllpppp :( xxx

9. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Heya!
    If you still can't find your email, here's the link for the online application:
    www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/apply

And this is the list from the email:

1. 2 PHOTOCOPIES OF YOUR MAIN PASSPORT PAGE (picture page / passport no).
    If you do not have a passport please bring another Photo ID with your birth-date, such as driver’s license, etc
    2. YOUR ACTUAL PASSPORT (or another form of photo identification)
    3. YOUR ACTUAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE (OR CERTIFIED COPY)
    4. Proof of your home address (e.g. on a bank or credit card statement)
    5. An up-to-date copy of your CV
    6. A black ink pen to fill out any necessary forms

Hope this helps! :)

10. stevie-rhiannon

This time next week...

11. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

I cannot believe that this time next week we will all be sitting watching a Disney Presentation!! How exciting!!!

I've had another random thought..

do you think Job preference will have an impact on our chances of getting a job? For example, there's more F+B vacancies right? If I put my 1st choice as Merch, would I have less of a chance? Or if they wanted me, they'd just give me a job. I'm not explaining this very well... Basically, when they are looking for F+B staff, do they go through all the applicants that put F+B as their first choice firsts... or do they just go through their YES pile and see if they can accommodate that applicants preference?

Does that make sense?

Cos, I'd be happy doing anything! lol

12. stevie-rhiannon

I would imagine that it's a bit of both...

They'll have people who they think are definate yesses and they'll accommodate their preferences as far as they can, but then they'll look at people who have chosen merch or f&b and recruit according to what's left.

I dont think you'll have less of a chance though, its only a preference and I know people who applied for merch but got f&b.

Does anyone know how many UK positions they are recruiting for this season?

x

13. stephanie_jane

stephanie_jane New Member

aww thank you so much Jen_J!!!
    that really really helps :D
    cant wait to meet everyone, am so nervous though, its all i talk about and all i think about lol.
    i didnt get in from work til half 5 this morning and i was up at 9 coz couldnt stop thinking about it! lol
    this time next week!!! wooooo xxxx

14. shakeyjakeyg

shakeyjakeyg New Member

:( jus had 2 do the one thing i was dreading n dye my hair from its beautiful bright red to natural colour lol as last year they commented on my hair being red

15. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

awww bless you- but it will be worth it in the end!

I'm getting really, really nervous now! I'm gonna be an excited/nervous wreck by the end of the week!

16. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

hehe aww,

am i the only one that actually excited and cant wait to get there then? lol

everyone seems soooo nervous! hehe :)

17. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

Its all ive been thinking about! i try and not get too carried away with excitement and have to remind myself they may say no :(:(:(.....i hope not though!!!!

I am very excited,cant wait for the day but i am nervous!
    x

18. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

also some old posts imply people find out with 7 days of the interview :) that would be amazing,but i suppose it just depends :)...

19. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

No, I'm definitely still excited and can't wait to get there- I'm just really nervous aswell about the actual interview!

20. shakeyjakeyg

shakeyjakeyg New Member

;Doh im def excited int been 2 london since april wen i saw wicked haha so that should be fun and obviosuly seeing every1 :D