Face to Face Interviews!!!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by catfish278, Apr 28, 2011.

1. emmaecstatic

emmaecstatic New Member

Okie dokie. I'll get the 8 train home then, just incase. Half 6 i fear might cut it too close if i did end up having the last interview spot.
    Merci :)

2. KatyBeatty

KatyBeatty New Member

Hey guys I am new to the forum I have a face to face interview on the saturday excited and nervous lol :) thought it would be good to introduce myself anyone else from essex? Xx

3. UnderTheSea

UnderTheSea New Member

Congratulations to everyone who got through to the face to face interviews. I wish you all the best <3 xx

4. aristophanes

aristophanes New Member

i booked a coach home at 7.00pm when i went to my f2f and i nearly missed it because i didn't get seen till 6ish, but i told them when my coach was and they let me go ahead of a few people so they are a little bit flexible at those kind of times

5. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Hi guys well done all on the interviews! I bet you're all super excited and I'm sure you'll all do great, I'm surprised how many people interviews they gave out!

So yeah, with that in mind... The general rule of thumb is just book your return journey as late as possible, or better still try your hardest to stay the night. If you're on a budget I stopped at the EasyHotel in Earls Court (a short tube ride away) for £27 for the night. It was basic, but clean and comfortable. I'm glad I did because I didn't get seen until about 8.00pm at night and by that time the only thing keeping me going was the amount of coffee I'd drank whilst waiting!

Dan :D

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Oh my goodness! Where do you live? I've booked a train home at 5.45pm and a megabus at 7.30pm in the hope I get one of them home!! Otherwise it's gonna be an expensive train booked at the station methinks!

7. meelie

meelie New Member

Hi guys!

Firstly, congratulations on the interviews!! I'm so excited for you all :)

On the coach/train home subject, if you've already booked travel then let Hannah or someone know during the first registration part of the day and they will try and arrange for your interview to be earlier. The first 2 people I met at the interview had to catch trains at about 5 so they were given the first slots for interviews and I know this was the same for other people. Obviously don't rely on it being possible but Yummy are pretty good, they'll help you out as much as they can.

Also beware, as people have said, the interviews WILL run over. I think mine was supposed to be at about 4 and I eventually got in at about 5.20ish? The presentation part of the day only goes on until about 11 so you could have a lot of time to kill, I went to Westfield for lunch with a couple of girls - it's only a few stops on the tube and definitely worth a wander round (just don't leave the folder with ALL your documents in the toilet there like I did, OMG worst moment of my life! Luckily they were still there when I went back to find them some time later...)

Oh and also, since there is such a long time to kill, girls - take flat shoes with you if you're wearing heels!! I would have died if I hadn't, I was only wearing little heels but my feet were absolutely killing me. Luckily I had some little fold up flats in my bag that I could change into during the break - limping into the interview is NOt a good look!!

Hope that helps xxx

8. megarid

megarid New Member

Really useful advice :) I don't know whether to bother with heels or not - they do make you look more proffessional, but I'm already like 5ft 11 and they don't half hurt your feet!!!

9. terryrs

terryrs New Member

Yeah so, ive been neurotically checking the WRONG e-mail account. Absolute FAIL that is. Checked my other one today randomly and there it was, from chloe sitting in my spam.

Still cant decide if i want a hotel or or not. (im on the Friday). I need to BEG work for the day off. Im not sure how its going to work, as theres only me who can do my job, and something HAS to be done on a Friday :|

Still, i will be going regardless :D

Im excited to meet you all. Is there only like, two boys aswel? I feel priviledged! (sp?)

10. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

Hi mate, hmm that was an epic fail there ha ha. Although, I am the type of person who would do something similar. There are a few of us lads. To be honest we are mostly chatting through a private facebook group that has been set up, if you like I can add you to it.

Well done by the way and just as well you checked your email before the cut off point to reply with confirmation :S

11. disneydreamer88

disneydreamer88 New Member

Yeah congratulations on finding your e-mail!! lol. Jeeeeez can you imagine if you hadn't have seen it :-( but anyway as Rob says, we're all chatting on facebook so let us know your details and you can be added to it :) yes, there are possibly around 5 guys and the rest of us are ladies haha. chat soon x

12. Missish

Missish New Member

This was all really useful - thanks! I was planning on wearing heels, but since the bag I'm taking isn't big enough for flats, I might just go and treat myself to a smart pair of flats! I already need to buy a skirt and blouse, what's an extra bit of money on shoes? ;)

13. ameliar89

ameliar89 New Member

My email was in spam for about a week. I'd pretty much given up hope so jumped up and down for about half an hour when I got it.
    I can't wait for the interview but hope you're all as nervous as I am!!!
    Does anyone know how many people they invite to the F2F interview and how many people get a place?
    xxx

14. Missish

Missish New Member

Hey, well done on getting an interview, and good job you found your email in time! ;D

From catfish's estimation (which seems pretty accurate based on what I remember reading from previous applications), around 160 people will be interviewed across the 2 days of interviews. I'm not sure they actually have a set number of people who get a place on the CRP - they'll have some specific dates available that they assign people to straight away, but there's also a waitlist for if they like you but don't have a date available at the time. Basically, as I understand it, if they like you enough, you'll get a place, regardless of numbers :)

And yes, I'm excited but definitely nervous for the interview!

If you add me on Facebook (missish[at]hotmail.com), I can add you to the CRP group we've got on Facebook. We're a friendly bunch ;)

15. ameliar89

ameliar89 New Member