Facebook Group for June 2012 Applicants

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Catherino, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Pip101

Pip101 Member

I've added you ^_^

2. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

3. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

hellooo fellow disney geeks :) I'm having a horrible grown up reality check moment, talk me out of it! So I have a pre screen for the CRP and I don't know if I can make the interview due to work placement committments, I will be speaking to my placement on monday to see if it is a possibility but this weekend has been/is being a long one to wait to find out if I can actually go....also in the mean time I've been thinking about whether or not it would be worthwhile me going for it, it will be v expensive to get to London for the interview and at this stage it is only pre screen, so there is the chance of another day off placement (!) if I am successful in pre screen and then comes the whole taking a year out of life after finishing a vocational degree....hmm, in my heart I know I really really want it, but my head is talking me out of it, talk my head back into it! please! :D

4. annak2012

annak2012 New Member

Hi everyone I applied in January of this year and my program starts on January 29th next year, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. I also have my blog handy which I done through the interview process- it may be helpful for you all as we were the first ever group to go through the pre-screen interview as the year previous was a phone interview. Good Luck to you all and hope you guys will join me next year xo

http://annasdisneydreams.blogspot.co.uk/

5. natbo92

natbo92 New Member

Hi LauraJayne i was in the same situation as i am going to be in Disneyland Paris but i have changed my plans and leaving early to get to London in time, its something ive been wanting to do for years and now is the chance for you to try get that one step close and follow your dreams

Nathan

6. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

Makes a good point Nathan, I really want it, it's just if the big old adults say no I can't take the day off placement, I'm hoping they'll be understanding tomorrow when I go speak to them! Why oh why do they insist on pre-screening why can't they still phone interview!

And Anna, do you know how many people they usually take for the CRP? Were most people's program start dates a year from when they applied? And do you know if you've done another program previously whether this puts you in a better or worse position than anyone else (i.e. will I have to fight super super hard to get it?) any advice is really appreciated, even if it turns out I can't use it, some lucky soul can and I like to help peoples :D

Have a magical Monday guys :D

7. annak2012

annak2012 New Member

Hi hun well we were told there was over 3000 applicants that applied and I reckon under 100 got places but I am sure there are some people who the 2012 applicants have come into contact with. Our start dates are up until July I think but they havent filled all of the start dates (theres a group of people every two weeks or so) between now and July next year. I think people who have already done a program are put in a better position as they were obviously good enough to get in first time but disney consider fair play and give people (like me) who have not participated in a program a chance to work for them. You wont have to fight hun, the best advice I can give you all is be yourself just let your personalities shine through, I was cheeky and turned my interview round and asked Jill (the recruiter from disney for the face to face interviews) If you were a character who would you be and why ? and she loved that. Just stand out as it is scary at the pre-screen because you are interviewed in groups of 8 and you feel like to need to shout out and get noticed but you get your fair share of talking but just enjoy it xo

8. ErinMouse88

ErinMouse88 New Member

Hi all!

I've got through to the Pre-Screen on 12 October at 9:30 ;D Woo-hoo! Is there a group for people at the same Pre-Sceen on fb? If so can some one add me? my fb page - https://www.facebook.com/#!/erin.sweeney.507.

For those of you who didnt get through - dont give up. I did ICP in 2009, yet didnt even get through to the first stage when I applied for ICP 2010 or CRP 2011 and 2012! :-[ And I almost gave up and didnt apply this year! Think happy thoughts! ;)

Erin x

9. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Thank you! I've been rejected every year since I did ICP 2010 and I was starting to lose hope tbh, i'm gunna try again for CRP 2014 when it comes out :)