Fave Film of the year

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jjsweet1402, May 17, 2005.

1. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

just a random topic here, but out of all the flims you have seen so far this year, which one has got to be your fav??

mines monster in law so far, 100% brill, closely followed by meet the fookers

how about u?

jenine

2. PixieDust

PixieDust New Member

So far this year, my favourite was "The Interpreter", followed closely by "Rory O'Shea Was Here" (I think it was called Dancing on the Inside in some other countries).

I love movies....I'll watch anything once

I just saw the preview for Goblet of Fire...I can't wait for it to come out in November!!

Charlene

3. flavour

flavour New Member

haven't been to the movies much this year, but so far my fave's meet the fockers, too...can't wait for the new star wars though! i didn't really like episode I and II, but i think this one will be really great!!

flavour xoxo

4. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

hey
    im a horro fanatic...... ;).....but i have to say robots and valiant.. ;D........yay star wars tomorrow...... :D :D

xxx...

5. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Ray has been my favourite film of this year so far!! absolute genius!!! :D

Want to see Star Wars so bad....but I've got no-one to go with :'(

Also can't wait for Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!! :D

Charlene: you saw a preview for Goblet of Fire!?!?!? :eek: I'm SO jealous.....I must go to the cinema asap just in case they show the trailer here!!! :D and 'Rory O'Shea was here' was called 'Inside I'm Dancing' - I really wanted to see that - will have to buy the DVD!

Ellen xxxx :D

6. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

I don't usually go to the cinema to watch films - i wait for them to come out on dvd - I cant wait for Goblet of Fire - it is going to be fab!

the only one ive seen this year really was The Wedding Date -not a very popular one i know - but i went and saw it because Sarah Parish was in it, and i know her, so i wanted to see her first film!

7. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

You know her!? I love her in Cutting It!! :D

Just managed to find a trailer for Goblet of Fire on the net....OH MY GOD!!! I'm SO SO SO excited!!! :D :D :D It looks WICKED! :D

8. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

yeah shes fab - whats the website for this trailor - i have to see it!

9. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

10. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

Well she comes from Yeovil, I don't know her really well, but her mum used to go to the church i went to when i was younger, and Sarah used to go with her. Her mum was kinda friends with my mum, and although she was a bit older then me she uised to talk to me a bit. It was a while ago now, but i still remember it.

Thanx for the link!

11. cinderelli.jessy

cinderelli.jessy New Member

My fav movie is "Kingdom of Heaven". Orlando looks sooooo damn great in this film...
    haven't seen "meet the fockers" yet, but def wanna see it asap!!!!

;)
    hmmmmmm ORLANDO....

Guess I am gonna google him now... *gg*

jessy

12. PixieDust

PixieDust New Member

@Ellen - I'm so excited that you found a trailer!!! Doesn't GOF look AMAZING!!! ;D ~ I want to see it opening day....might have to do a few shift switches!!!

Thanks for clearing up the name of Rory O'Shea....I hate that the producers change names on us...it's a wonderful movie...I highly recommend that you go and rent it straight away!!!

Another of my favourites...although, I think it came out last year is "Love Me if You Dare" (or if you prefer, "Jeux d'enfants" {it's proper French name})...it's really touching and absolutely beautifully done!

I really liked that movie...it was really sweet and I adore Colin Firth!!!!

Now, I just really want to go to the movies...must see what's playing nearby!

Charlene ;D

13. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

hooray...you've seen it!!! if you remember there was 2 lots of twins in it....girls and boys.....I know the boys!! :D Pete and Andy! :D and the bit they were in was filmed about 1/2 an hour away from where I am at Uni in a place called Henley on Thames....it's the prettiest place EVER! :D (except when my friend nearly killed a duck when we rented a boat and then almost knocked me out with a tree branch when she swerved to avoid it!! ::))

ooh, I also saw The chronicles of Narnia trailer today!! that looks SO good too!! and did anyone else realise it's a Disney film!?!?! :D

P.S. if you want company for the opening day of Harry...I'm there!! :D in fact, even if you don't want my company, I'll go anyway!! haha!! :D

14. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

It is hard to say what my absolute favorite one of the year so far is...i have pretty much seen everything thathas been in theatres.  But i really liked Hostage...starring Bruce Willis.  That was a suprisingly intense film.  But all time favorite i would have to say is between Old School and The Real Cancun  8)

15. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

haha!! Old School....I saw that last weekend.....

"you're my boy Blue!!!!"

:D

Ellen xxx :D

16. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

"max....earmuffs"

17. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

that lot (Ferrell, Vaughn, Wilson...and the rest [the other Wilson, Stiller etc]) are so good together!!! Anchorman is SO good too......

"I love lamp!"

Ellen xxx :D

18. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

I loved Anchorman too...."1001, 1002, ohhh the burn..it is such a deep burn, i dont know if you heard me counting but i did well over a thousand....two tickets to see the gun show"

I love anything with will ferrell. I have his whole season 1 on Saturday Night Live. It is soo good

19. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

hmmmmm, I loved "Robots"
    or was "ladder 49" released this year....???

in a week I would have said "star wars - ep. III"
    I'm sooo looking forward to that one

20. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

Downfall is great for anyone who likes foreign films. I dunno what my fave would be...saw monster in law yesterday that was funny x