fave xmas movie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by baby_natz16, Oct 18, 2004.

1. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

nope.... it has this kid with quite long hai.... but the mum looked the same to me.... maybe they pretend he is the same person?!

8)

2. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Very strange. I've never seen 3 or 4 either, and I don't really intend to. I really liked the first two though ;D I do the same thing with watching things on tv as well- I don't know why! :D
    Charlotte x

3. flavour

flavour New Member

well, here in germany i don't cause movies are dubbed and once you've seen the original (thank god for dvd's) it's really strange...voices are totally different, jokes aren't funny anymore...why don't they just subtitle movies like in scandinavia...

later! flavour xoxo

4. marshabrady

marshabrady New Member

I just rented Elf the other day - it's really funny, and very magical! My Christmas favourites are still The Snowman, Santa Claus: The Movie, and Home Alone 1&2.

I totally agree with films being much better once they come on to TV

Flavour, I always thought watching films dubbed must be so weird, I'm surprised you can concentrate when people's lips are moving totally different to their voices! I remember my French exchange student watching Baywatch at my house and saying "I much prefer David Hasselhoff's voice in French" and I was like "whaat?" He he

Oh, BTW a link between Home Alone and The Nightmare Before Christmas - Catherine O'Hara (the amazing actress who plays Kevin's mum) is the voice of the woman (Sally) in The Nightmare Before Christmas!
    Also, I was watching the Oscars last March (live at 3am! - i'm a dedicated movie fan!) and she was singing and playing an instrument in a nominated 'best song' category! - How random, and how multi-talented of her!

5. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

I loooooove Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. I have to watch that one every Christmas. Miracle on 34th street (the older version) and the Santa Clause with Tim Allen are also must sees.

6. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

I got The Santa Clause DVD today so will have to watch it soon :D :D

8)

7. daveyboy

daveyboy New Member

hey, not a film at all know, but love: The Office-Christmas Special

love it at the end when it all turns out happy! wasnt expectiing a happy episode, but nevertheless

loved it all the same! film wise woudl have to be miracle on 34th st and has anyone seen

Bad Santa? look funny stuff!

davey