Favorite Scenes in Disney Movies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ~Disney_Princess~, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

I vote Alan Menken the greatest Disney composer ever, along with the Sherman brothers of course...
    ... Alan's the one who wrote the music to Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Hercules ++++

2. WinterSun

WinterSun New Member

agreed! and with Howard Ashman (R.I.P). they made the best music!

3. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

I agree too!! I love the music in all those movies ;D

4. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

Alan Menken also wrote the songs for Enchanted (with Stephen Schwartz)... they really did deserve the Oscar!!! (Sorry, I'm still upset about that!)

5. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

yeah, I just wish he'd write the music for the new Disney movie "The Princess and the Frog".. Randy Newman's doing it.. I meen, he did an OK job on Toy Story, but, hello, with Alan Menken on board it could turn into a new Beauty and the Beast.
    Here's all the animated Disney movies he did.. and, hm, they all rock:
    -The Little Mermaid
    -Beauty and the Beast
    -Aladdin
    -Pocahontas
    -Hunchback of Notre Dame
    -Hercules
    -Home on the Range (ok, this wasn't the best, but it had some nice tunes)

6. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

I've never seen Home on the Range but all the others you mentioned pretty much make up my list of Disney favorites. I have songs from sll of them on my iPod lol. I actually have a playlist titled Disney ;D
    Now that I know the music he's made I wish that Alan Menken was doing the music for the Princess and the Frog too. He seems to have a flair for the Princessy, Happily Ever After, Fantasy type movies :)

7. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Yeah, I know.
    Alan is a genius. Hadn't it been for him, the Disney renaissance wouldn't have taken place. The Disney renaissance was the period from The Little Mermaid till The Lion King. Which was basically the period that brought Disney animation back to the golden days of Walt Disney.
    And it was Menken who wanted to start making "animation musicals" again, in the style of Snow White, Pinocchio, Cinderella etc.

Thank God for Alan Menken.