February 12th 2009 !!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Tom31, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Tom31

Tom31 New Member

Hi,

I am starting with the Disney cruisline in Food and bev February 12th just wondered if theres anyone elese out there starting then too??

Please get in touch i'm on facebook and bebo and msn.

Add me:-

HolmanTJ@Blueyonder.co.uk / Tom Holman

2. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Tom! Guess who it is? And guess whose getting a bit annoyed at how slow the cruise line woman is.

Word of advice ppl-the cruise line ppl are slllllloooowwww

3. san

san New Member

hi tom,
    Can u tell me when u applied for the dcl? I am still waiting, I will be an assistant server and people from internationalservices told me that I will be leaving end of january, early feb, but not sure when exactely.I sent my medical tests 2 weeks ago. how long did it take for you and what are the next steps? accept me on facebook.

san

4. Tom31

Tom31 New Member

Hey San

Yeah i applied for the cruise line back in August whilst i was working at Epcot as an icp so i therfore was a direct hire and so therefore deal with people direct in Florida and not through internationalservies. The next step is for you just to get your visa and then you should be given a date for your departure!!! Will accept you as a friend on fb and keep me updated when you hear anything!!

Tom

5. nammyIT

nammyIT Member

Hey everybody! My name is Nam and I'm from Italy. I was an IP in the Italian Pavilion until last November and I had my interview for DCL one day before coming back home.
    I just got my medical approved and waiting for the next step, visa and departure date.....if anybody whom is about to leave for the DCL you can add me on Fb, search for Nam Hai....
    Looking forward to meet you guys onboard!

Ciao!

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Do you know how often they have interviews in Orlando??? I'm doing the CRP this year (did the J1A in 2006) and really want to interview for the cruise line! I'd love to be a Youth Counsellor, or Cruise Staff, but what I really want to do is Entertainment! (i.e. shows). I know there'd be an audition process (and I'd probably need to be a equity member as well, I'll check it out in FL) but I just want to know if they do them often, or really only a couple of times a year.

Thanks!

7. nammyIT

nammyIT Member

Hey!
    For the youth counsellour or youth staff you can have the interview directly at DCL, they are located in Celebration.
    As for entertainment I guess you can visit their employment website at www.dcljobs.com. They post all their recruiting trips...

Good luck!
    Nam

8. Fettes girl

Fettes girl New Member

I have no dance skills but i check the Disney Auditions for a laugh! http://corporate.disney.go.com/auditions/calendar/index.html - there were some auditions in the UK last week I think...
    I just missed the DCL interviews/info session in Orlando, it was in the housing though so pretty easy to get to, but it was like the day before i got there or something - grr! But finally got an interview next week for DCL through Excellent Entertainment!!

Good luck those starting soon - my friend Ben is working onboard now and having a blast!

9. cowza

cowza New Member

Yey... and here is Ben! Haha.

Entertainment... strictly auditions... but my advice is to network. A lot of the entertainment recruiters work at Disney World... so get to know them. You don't have to be an equity member... if you got the position they would sort everything out for you.

There is also the position 'Entertainment Host' within Youth Activities you might want to consider. They regularly hold auditions for that on board.

The auditions for mainstage are currently held in New York and Toronto and there will be some in May. I attended a character audition while I was on the ship and they told us they used to that often but not so much in the past year. There was a situation on board the magic where they needed somebody to fill in as a character so that is why they held auditions on the ship for us. They are hoping to bring that tradition back though... so watch this space!

Youth Activities and Cruise Staff are considered entertainment so if you get a position there you are putting yourself in a good place for sure ;)

If you currently work at Disney World you'll notice on the cruise line website that there is now a special recruitment process for you guys. Just click the 'Disney World College Program and International Program Participants'.