february 2010 opportunity/waitlisted

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by tink84, Feb 27, 2010.

1. kmp189

kmp189 New Member

My CRB has come back and its all clear! lol... It came back really fast I was quite suprised. Fingers crossed you manage to get on the flight. Have you spoken to anyone shopping in Walmart about Disney?

Just seen the competition on This Morning, seems like a dream come true and £10,000! What a holiday that could become lol.

2. tink84

tink84 New Member

oh you r brave, I wish I could quit my job it drives me insane lol,
    but I hope you r right on hearing something it must be soon it has been about 2 months since the last lot found out xxx
    enjoy the sunshine xxxx

3. tink84

tink84 New Member

thanku :) n yeah i suppose i will at some point lol (i've never seen the films or read the books so not too bothered, but it does look really cool)

and theres still time, i think u guys will also have a year to visit harry potter land as much as u want! ;) lol x
    [/quote]

im hopin so ;D
    I cant believe your a harry potter virgin ha ha it does look amazin though xxx

4. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

what does your CRb check actually look at?!?!

Nate - I hope you saw the game!!! ;D ;D

5. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

it checks that you have no outstanding convictions and havent had any in the past, its part of the clearance for getting a visa!

6. tink84

tink84 New Member

I have a good feeling about today guys, maybe its the sunshine but Im hoping some dates are going to be given out ;D well no harm in wishin xxx fingers crossed for us all still guys xxx

7. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

hey guys!!

hope everyone is still feeling positive!!! how was everyone's weekends in the sun?! x

8. tink84

tink84 New Member

hey kaz and all ;D
    had a really nice weekend thanks shame about the football but hey!
    I see my good feeling was wrong maybe this week then lol xxx
    hows you? have u found a new job or are you just gonna hangon a bit and see what happens with Disney? xxx

9. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

heya hun!!

yeh I'm good thanks, how are you? I'm looking for other jobs - I had an interview yesterday and they want me to go back for a second one today but I'm not going to, didn't get a good feeling about the place tbh and I think I need to go with my gut instinct on this one!!

what you got planned for the weekend? xx

10. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

Morning,

How many people are still on the list and has anyone heard rumblings of any movement? A guy I met at the interviews said on Facebook he'd had some news about Historical Research Centre positions. Sent him a message to clarify, but not heard back from him yet.

Anyone know much about this Historical stuff? I did some Goggle-ing and couldn't really find anything.

11. tink84

tink84 New Member

hey im good too thanks still hanging on lol, I think thats a good move you need to be happy in your job!
    weekend? well im workin saturday and got a shoppin day planned for sunday what about you? xxx

12. tink84

tink84 New Member

hiya
    Im not sure how many of us are left, I havent heard anything about movement but something must be happening soon! (fingers crossed) as its been 2 months ish since the last dates were realised?

I dont know too much about hrc, I think the perks are slightly different and your not employed by Disney as such, the lady I interviewed with was interested in it but when she asked for info they said they would give more info if you were offered the position. Thats all I have heard sorry hope helps a little bit?

guessin your like me though and would be happy to be offered any position xxx

13. vik

vik New Member

hiya, i have just been offered a hrc role starting march of next year! (over a year since my interview) i dont know a lot about it and although i did accept it, i'm not really 100% sure Im up for it as I have also been offered a Disney cruise line role, although the date for that is pending. March IS 9 months away though so I'll just have to see how that goes really! Waitlist has been hell though, just goes to show that theres still a possibility!

14. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

working :( got 6 days till i work out my notice!!

ok im getting confused! firstly congrats for the HRC role! were you at the uk interviews? just cause over a year seems like a very very long time!! were you taken off the waitlist?!

15. vik

vik New Member

yeah i was in london in february! mental really as they said it would be up to february 2011 that the job offers would go up to, but then i suppose hrc is different as there's fewer people so who knows? at least i've got options!

16. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Ah okay!! Sorry i thought you meant that you had the interview over a year ago!! ahhh exciting though!! did you put HRC as your first choice? and did you get an e-mail or a phone call?! hehe sorry it's like 20 questions, very exciting that its moved though!!! x

17. vik

vik New Member

I said in my interview that I did want to do hrc, despite the obvious reasons why people wouldnt want to, as it would be something good to put on my cv that isnt just working in a theme park (i have a LOT of that on my cv!)
    I got a phone call from Hannah, I think she was more excited than me lol!

18. tink84

tink84 New Member

well done vik im really pleased for you ;D you got 2 amazing offers you must be in a dillema xxx

19. vik

vik New Member

haha yes well i think im probably going to go with the cruise, depending on when i go out for that as the role i have is a wardrobe technician and thats more career based than hrc. Two offers at once is a nice relief from an entire year of post graduate job hunting and epic failure!

20. kmp189

kmp189 New Member

Congrats Vik on the cruise and the HRC position! I'm sure you will choose the right one. I go out 5 months tomorrow and it seems like ages still, but March is so far away! Plenty of time to save though :) x