february 2010 opportunity/waitlisted

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by tink84, Feb 27, 2010.

1. tink84

tink84 New Member

thanks for all the congrats guys ;D and I know we all say the same but there is still hope for everyone I was begining to give up and I will be there in 35 days ahhhhh xxx
    lots of movement now xxx congrats to everyone who have got dates xxx

2. tink84

tink84 New Member

oh you are so sweet, I am keepin my fingers crossed for you I really hope we can be there together, honestly keep the faith it will happen im sure and you have the luck of the irish on your side ;) oh we did have fun in london didnt we xxxx

3. tink84

tink84 New Member

hey oh wow I am from hanham do you know it? In between bath and bristol xxx

4. kmp189

kmp189 New Member

Ahh awesome, yeah I know where that is. Used to drive near there every time I went to uni :) x

5. tink84

tink84 New Member

thanks so much kaz it really hard cuz I am of course over the moon but wish we all had a date, I will keep hopin for you it will happen xxx

6. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Your from Hanham? My cousin lives there!! Was there yesterday for a few hours on my way back from Wales lol!! Small world hun!! xx

7. tink84

tink84 New Member

yeah you were at bath uni wern't you? my brother goes to college in bath (well just finished hopefully applying for icp lol)
    cant wait to meet everyone ;D xxx

8. tink84

tink84 New Member

oh wow how funny is that!! wonder if I know them xxx

9. kmp189

kmp189 New Member

Yeh I went to Bath Spa, was in Bath today shopping with my friend, but need to go on a proper shopping spree to get some decent things for Disney! How are you going to get everything ready in time? Surely your flight is going to be super expensive and you'd need to get your visa done now?

10. tink84

tink84 New Member

I know it is still sinkin in but when I get back down to earth I really need to start thinkin lol, but hannah rang me today basically I think everything is being done speedy and most bits in post already to me (crb check, visa info and congrats pack etc) luckily I have been saving money and shopping for holiday clothes and good old mum and dad are gonna help out with the flight xxx fingers crossed all goes to plan it is gonna be a crazy month xxx your comin over in december 7th is that right? xxx you must be super excited too xxx

11. kmp189

kmp189 New Member

Ahh thats great to hear you have been saving. I've got a bit saved up but mainly for the spending money for the first couple of weeks out there. Need to get my Insurance done. Have you got your flight booked and your insurance done? Good to hear that Yummy jobs are getting things done speedy. Yeh I start 7th December but my flight is booked for 4th December. Cool your parents are helping you out :D. . . .I still need to sort out my car finance lol

12. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Ok so lets try work this out... I reckon there are about 5 of us on these boards that are still on the wait list... so say there are at least 5 people that aren't, what do you guys reckon the likelihood of us getting dates are? As far as I can tell there is only one date been given out for next year and that was for the HRC so I'm hoping they do a big e-mail soon for Jan/Feb dates.... **fingers crossed**

13. kmp189

kmp189 New Member

I expect there will still be a few more dates to be given out in November/December, the girl I was due to fly with dropped out and as far as I am aware her position has not been re-allocated. Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of you that still dont have dates! x

14. tink84

tink84 New Member

well because its a rushed one hannah said its best to wait until I get my visa appointment before I book my flights as they keep your passport for about 5 days after that but I will get onto it soon and hoping to go out a few days earlier like you to get settled plus my family will be there on holiday and probs gonna get 4 months insurance then take the disney insurance but need to think about it what you thinkin on the insurance front? xxx have you still got someone to fly with? xxx

15. tink84

tink84 New Member

I honestly think more dates will come up you know when I was still waiting I started to lose faith but I remember an email from Hannah saying being on the waitlist means they DO want to give you a job they are just waitin for the positions and your right she said until february and hardly any dates have come up for then xxx fingers crossed for everyone xxx

16. kmp189

kmp189 New Member

Nate should be flying out with me but he hasn't booked his flight yet. Hopefully soon. I need to book the hotel as well. Its good they are being so helpful with booking everything. Do you have a date for your visa yet? Let me know which hotel you stay at. Thats quite handy your family will be out there at the same time as you start. Sooo exciting more people have been confirmed x

17. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

Hey! Congrats everyone! Those coming out 19th= yey...I have some friends to go out with!!! x x x

18. sunrise

sunrise New Member

Hi everyone, just wanted to say congratulations to everyone! I was at the interviews on the Monday and was beginning to lose hope but got given 2nd November as my departure date today! I'll be in food and bev!

Hope all of you still waiting get some happy news really soon!

I'm Dawn by the way!!

19. kmp189

kmp189 New Member

Congrats Dawn!! Can't wait to meet you out there. I'm Sabrina... Anyone who doesn't have me on Facebook I'm listed as Sabrina Maria :)

20. Emzviolet

Emzviolet New Member

yea im hoping for an email or call soon, sitting on this waiting list for so long, its killing me! i really wana go, i wana get away for a year and this opportunity was so great. il keep my fingers crossed for us both kaz! knowing what happens, youll prob get a date before me, seems to be going that way :( and yea, if we are on waiting list it means they actually want us there. its a matter of waiting i hope. not if but when... i was thinking of emailing hannah again, but dont wana bother her when i shud just be waiting. last time i sent her one was in May, letting her know i wanted to change my availability to a month earlier than i originally wrote on the application.
    il keep wishing i get that special call to come work with all u lovely people in Disney :)
    xoxo