february 2010 opportunity/waitlisted

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by tink84, Feb 27, 2010.

1. SophiAmelia

SophiAmelia New Member

Natalie I totally agree with everything you said, and I'm loving the positivity :D I think that there are advantages to being on the waitlist, and we shouldnt feel bad about it.

Grooveyem thanks for the encouragement! and youre going out in 8 days?!?! Thats well exciting!! congrats, and have an awesome time! are you all ready to go?
    xx

2. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

that's my thinking too! Let's all just stay positive...we can get there, "yes we can" (Obama, 2009).

x x

3. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

Thank you :D. Pretty much sorted, just got odds and sods to do and get my currency. It still hasn't really sunk in that I'm going. I still feel like I'm going to get there and they'll be like 'yeah...um...so who are you?' lol

I want to know about the girl I interviewed with too, but I haven't heard a sausage and I don't know her surname to find her on FB lol. Ah well hehe.

IB Positive guys! xx

4. red1702

red1702 New Member

If anyone is feeling a little bit downhearted listen to LeAnn Rimes 'We Can'. You'll feel so much better afterwards it's such an upbeat positive song! I've not heard of that many people getting departure dates for merch..perhaps that's a contributing factor?
    Xoxo

5. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

A girl Jenny who has the same start date as me is doing merch....Not sure about HRC though?

6. tink84

tink84 New Member

oh I am so glad everyone is so positive, and like nat said atleast we will all know eachother a little better before our adventure starts ;D
    thanks for your support the lucky ones who have dates, and groovyem giving us hope ;)
    congrats to u all xxx

7. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

Makes you feel better to know that people do get off the waiting list and it's not just a polite way of saying you're what we're looking for but we can't take on that many people, so we'll say this to make it seem less harsh! x x

8. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

I was Opp.Listed too and wasn't really that bothered when I got them email, after checking every 30mins throughout the day. I think over the weekend, the more I've thought about it, the more I want to go. Being on the list just means I've got to keep doing my cack day job longer than I'd hoped (if I'd been successful). I don't have a great deal of F&B experience so maybe shouldn't have put it as 1st choice. Ah well.
    Big ass congrats to those who got in and to everyone else like me on the list, fingers crossed.

9. debz

debz New Member

heya does ne one know wether they gave out ne other dates than sept departures?

jus wondering if they hav already sorted july n aug departures? (mayb sum of the waitlist ones will get then? unless the last lot of waitlisters r still waiting) ne1 no ne of them??

10. red1702

red1702 New Member

One of the boys got august 17th departure date x

11. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Oh I def think the waitlist is a positive thing - like you said Natalie, it means we can be more prepared, and it will feel so so special once we get that e-mail!! It's quite exciting lol!!!

Debz - some people did get Aug dates -- cant remember but I think Dave or Kim might have??

I also put that I didn't have an end date for my avaliability!! So I agree that that might be what it was!!

12. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Becky whose on here and was in my interview was interviewed by Michael and got a start date for F&B in june.

Im on the fence about being waitlisted, because while i agree with everyones points on why waitlisting is good, i just cant help seeing the negative in it. but wont say cos I dont wanna get people down!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend :)

Ooooo and go mooch around your local disney store...makes me feel better. I love mine, but Im biased lol!

13. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

There are a few negatives- uncertainty being the big one for me.
    Hopefully our luck will change though :) x x

14. red1702

red1702 New Member

At the end of the day guys i'm yet to hear of someone never coming off of the waitlist. 99% of people who go on it get a job and i know the wait is frustrating but we need to be prepared to be in this for the long haul...we mght not hear until october. We haven't been rejected yet lots of people were!
    Positive thinking...isn't that what Disney are looking for?
    Xoxo

15. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

Yep, defo positive thinking needed Natalie! "opportunity" list and all that! I think I'll be more happy if I get given a place now that I've been on the waitlist, there's an element of surprise with it! I love surprises! x x

16. tink84

tink84 New Member

hey guys ;D
    just to let you all know I have emailed yummy jobs to ask if they could explain the opportunity list process in more detail so we could have a better idea of what we are in for, so I will let u know what they say when I get a reply xxx

17. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

Thanks! was hoping someone would ask, I was going to at some point but now you have there's no point inundating them with mail when they could be sorting us places!!! x x

18. tink84

tink84 New Member

Hi everyone, I think we were all thinking along the right lines as this is part of the email Hannah has just sent me back hope this helps xxx

Disney is currently working on the numbers of Cast Members they will need for each position, for each of the arrival dates from October through to February, as the required staffing levels can only be predicted so far in advance hence them not being able to offer all roles/dates immediately. Only positions starting up until September have been offered as yet and as soon as Disney has further numbers and positions confirmed they will be making more formal offers. You will have a definite response from Disney by the end of October by which time we sincerely hope they’ve been able to secure a role for you

19. Nate_Himself

Nate_Himself New Member

i had a response from Hannah, said pretty much the same as that

(i would do a quote thingy but i have no idea how to lol)

20. Nate_Himself

Nate_Himself New Member

how do i get one of them super cool countdown badges things?