february 2010 opportunity/waitlisted

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by tink84, Feb 27, 2010.

1. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

ooo your making me want a takeaway!!! I haven't had a chinese since I left uni (cant get any gluten free ones around where I live) really want some cripsy beef!!!

2. red1702

red1702 New Member

Mmm.....sweet and sour chicken balls!
    Ok, i'm eating chinese tonight.
    Xoxo

3. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

I'm having the leftovers for lunch... x x

4. wendm1511

wendm1511 Guest

Hi can you tell me the difference between having your application on hold and being put on a waiting list/opportunity list, it is so confusing, e-mail came yesterday it didn't say yes or no just we cannot offer at the moment what exactly does it mean is it a polite way of saying thanks but no thanks, can someone help me please

5. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

I'm not entirely sure, did your email mention being on a waitlist/ the "opportunity list"? which country are you from? It sounds to me like it's the same thing? If it was a rejection it wouldn't have mentioned being on hold? x x

6. wendm1511

wendm1511 Guest

Hi Katlou
    I have copied and pasted the relevant bit from the e-mail. I think the worry is it doesn't say anything about being on any list.

Thanks for replying the dream appears tobe going up in smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

7. wendm1511

wendm1511 Guest

Sorry forgot to paste!!!! It's getting to me

As you are aware the J1 Academic Program is a highly sought after experience and the Disney Recruiters thought you would be a great candidate to join Walt Disney World Family. The Disney Recruiters are currently considering you for a role however they cannot extend an offer to you at this time.

The Disney Recruiters would like to inform you that your application will be kept on hold and when further roles are confirmed, they will review your requirements and you will be considered for a position that will suit your availability and role preferences. We will contact you immediately when these decisions are made and passed to us from Disney.

8. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Ok, well that isn't for the CRP, is it for the ICP? I am guessing that that sounds like waitlist? Says they are going to keep your details on hold....

9. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Hey wendm1511

It doesnt sound bad at all! =] You're very lucky you get to apply for the J1, I know two people who loved it when they did it. If i was you, I would drop Yummy an email and just check how long you're expected to be on hold for? Just as an idea, because you need to be able to do something else if they can't get you a role, you know!?

Hope that helps :)

10. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

Hey Wend, I'm guessing that's for a different programme, but it's worded pretty much exactly the same as my email last year was, and that was definitely a waitlist email. If you're unsure though just email Yummy (or whoever deals with it if you're not English or Canadian) and they'll tell you straight up :)

11. red1702

red1702 New Member

Thats definitely a waitlist email. Keep the faith!
    Xoxo

12. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Everyone is being very quiet!! Whats everyones plans for the weekend?

13. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

I may be quiet for the next few days I'm afraid as I have lots of work to do. My plans for the weekend are DISSERTATION... and I'm going to watch my friend's cheerleading competition tomorrow night! x x

14. ginabella

ginabella New Member

I have been working stupid amounts! and had a date last night ;D
    I have this bugger of a shift...Sunday is 12 hours at the restaurant....then i get to sleep for four hours, to get up for half 4, to get to work at Disney at 6...and be there til 3! IM GOING TO DIE!!! haha..need the money though!
    oh...and have another date :) ooo yeah.

Hows everyones lives going?!
    xxxxxxxx

15. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

that sounds like a day from hell (although excited about the aforementioned dates, woo!!!). Trying to not think about this too much, because the more I think about it the more I don't think I'll ever get there...

Then I'll need to work out my plan C!! x x

16. red1702

red1702 New Member

I've got work until 3.30 then i'm doing work at the bar from 9 until 4am.
    Yep, i'm going to be tiiiiiired then i get to do it all again tomorrow. Woohoo!xOxo

17. blackcatuk

blackcatuk New Member

Bleh sorry I've been dead since the interviews, don't have internet at home and my phone's internet isnt the greatest :(

How's everyone doing? It's weird to think its been a week since waitlist, to me it seems a lot longer! Anyone else feeling that? x

18. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Haha I feel the same hun!! So much has gone on in a week for me that it seems like months ago!!!

19. SophiAmelia

SophiAmelia New Member

I must say im impressed with all those long hours you guys are working! I only have 6 timetabled hours a week. but my dissertation is taking up a lot of my time. it would be nice to get it nearly done by easter but I dont know how likely that is. Kat when do you have to hand yours in? Do all the rest of you work, or are there any more university students? Sorry if youve already said and ive just forgotten.

yea it does feel like weve been on the waitlist for ages! maybe because we have been 'waiting' since january for results of one kind or another, so it feels longer.
    xx

20. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

Diss is due 30th April, so theoretically have all of easter, but I want to get most of it out of the way so I can revise/enjoy my skiing holiday/ do nothing for a bit!!! x x