First Week

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by Chrissie, May 6, 2006.

1. Chrissie

Chrissie New Member

Is the first week any different from an IP's first week?

Anyone got any insight to what we'll be doing?? :)

2. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

From what I've heard, the first day is mostly paperwork. The second day you have a chance to do some shopping. I think the 3rd day you start "Traditions" and then training starts a few days after that... I think that's the general idea anyway.

3. KC

KC New Member

Exactly...

From what I can work out, it'll be something like...

Day 1: Arrive, settle in etc.
    Day 2: Housing meeting & a loooad of forms...
    Day 3: Banking meeting and Walmart
    Day 4: Traditions (where you get your training schedule, nametag and find out where you're gonna be working, I think)

KC

4. adjonline

adjonline New Member

That's roughly it. My Day 3 also included a swim test, a social security meeting and an international programs meeting (at The Odyssey in Epcot :D). All fun :)

5. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Erm I don't remember my first week :-X

I wish it was my first week though :'(

Oh well.. JC training starts today!

6. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Quite :)

Enjoy :D

7. Chrissie

Chrissie New Member

Ooooooh!!! ;D

All sounds sooo goood!! Can't wait!

8. kristol

kristol New Member

how much paper work exactly? ?? :-\

9. KC

KC New Member

From what I've heard... A LOT! :D
    KC

10. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I can tell you very very soon! :D

11. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i cant wait to go to walmart :-[ :-[

12. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Greetings all from sunny florida! and I must say it is really sunny! and hot!

The Wal Mart trip was pretty cool! and fun!

Anyways, here's what I did since I got here:

1) Got off the plane
    2) Met Disney rep meeting us at airport
    3) Got outside and got blasted by the intense heat
    4) Got on bus to Vista!
    5) Got room assignment
    6) Met some roomates
    7) Unpacked
    8) Explored Vista
    9) Met a cool guy on the US college program and he told us a lot of info
    10) Went for supper at Wendy's which is really close to Vista
    11) Went to the TTC and took the resort monorail and briefly saw the parks
    12) Went to the beach at the polynesian resort and watched the fireworks from "Wishes"
    13) Went to bed
    14) Woke up and went to the commons
    15) Filled out social security form, they made copies of everything ie: passports, insurance, I-94 cards etc...
    16) Presentation by Price management
    17) Presentation by Disney world operations or something
    18) Bussed back to Vista
    19) Got extremely hungry since we didn't have any food and couldn't leave the property
    20) Filled out some more forms on medical history and housing things... there's i think 9 steps you go through, but it is really well organized and does not take long
    21) Most people have most of the afternoon off, depending on when they are scheduled to do all the forms, but the evening is free too!
    22) My roomies and I went to Wal Mart and picked up some stuff, or a lot, we spent about 2 hours in the store!
    That's basically the first day. I'll let y'all know how the second day is, but according to our schedule, we are:
    1) Going to the social security office to submit our applications
    2) Getting info about where we work

and... there was some other stuff, but I don't remember at the moment... anyways, I'm off to bed, pretty early start tomorrow (8:30AM) although not as early as Wednesday will be (6:45 AM)

13. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

keep us updated, its interested to read!! 8) ;D 8)

14. Chrissie

Chrissie New Member

Sound busy but amazing! ;D

15. Tom19

Tom19 New Member

Good update Matt...is there anything I should bring with me that you didn't think to bring, to help in the first few days?

16. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Wow..... it has been so crazy.... I don't know if I even remember what happened two days ago, and haven't even been here a week! This might not be the most accurate thing, but here's the best I got...

Day 3!

1)Wake up, eat some food because hopefully you would have gotten food the day before
    2) Hop on a bus, go to the US Social Security office and wait on the bus, then wait outside the office, then wait in the building, then talk to one of the officer people and get your application processed. They will let you know everything you need to bring to this.
    3) After that, we went to a mall, had some lunch, then went to the commons, for some housing stuff and then, you know what?? I think the Price Management and operations stuff that I said happened on the 2nd day, actually happens on this day, the 3rd day
    4)So here we also applied for a vista account and got our "Traditions" cards, a piece of paper indicating which park/resort you will be working in.
    5) That's pretty much it for the day, I ended up going to Walmart again coz we bought something that was the wrong thing and then watced American Idol.

Day 4
    1) Woke up really really really really really early! We had to be ready for traditions by 6:45AM!!! :'(
    2)Traditions for us was very long, let me say... y'all will have fun... actually its pretty good, some parts aren't the most interesting but overall, it is cool!
    3)After you finish traditions, you get you DISNEY ID!!!!!!!
    Which means you can hit the parks!!!!!!
    I've been there everyday since, although you start training in your different areas after traditions, but that is pretty much it... can't wait until y'all start! So much fun!

17. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

so where did u get placed then?
    Cheers for the updates btw!

18. kristol

kristol New Member

thanks for telling us, sounds all pretty good I can't wait :)

19. impulse

impulse New Member

Matt's been placed over at Quick Service at the Disney MGM studios.

He's currently at the Magic Kindome has I surf the web, hahaha, too tired from work to go.

Tomorrow the bunch of us is going down to Animal Kingdom, EVEREST!!!! Whooot! (We're house mate for anyone who hasn't catch on yet)

20. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Indeed! I am working outdoor foods at Disney MGM. I'm not sure how it will be, but I am excited to start! I'm sure though, we'll all be pretty busy from here on in!