FLYING FROM GATWICK!!!! JUNE 22ND

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by madridpolis, May 13, 2008.

1. madridpolis

madridpolis New Member

Hi there, I will fly out there from Gatwick, june 22nd, Continental Airlines CO115 via Newark, anyone else in this flight? or anyone who will be in the airport this morning???

2. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

I'll be there on the BA 11:05 direct flight, as are a few others. Quite a few are travelling on Virgin at around the same time, there's a group on facebook, I'd of thought we'd all be able to meet in Departures beforehand.

3. madridpolis

madridpolis New Member

Thanks I hope we'll meet there

4. Hannah M

Hannah M New Member

ooo tht sounds gd i'm flying on CO115 at 10.30 same as madridpolis- what's the name of the facebook group so i can look it up? x

5. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

The discussion board on the group 'Walt Disney World Resort ICP 2008' has some threads on the morning BA and Virgin flights, though currently seperate from each other. The BA group haven't decided a place to meet yet, but I'd of thought we'd join together with the Virgin Atlantic lot.

A group called 'Flight VS027 from Gatwick to Orlando on 22nd June (was 10.45, now 11.15)' has 35 members and at the moment seems as though they'll meet at Wetherspoons.

Given there's still quite a while before the flights I'd expect things to hot up and plans get finalised closer to the departure date.

Hope to see you at Gatwick

Andrew (feel free to add me on facebook - Andrew Jack, Durham Uni network)

6. Sazzy19

Sazzy19 New Member

The 11.15 Virgin Atlantic flight is meeting somewhere else now... can't remember where... because the Wetherspoons and Sports bar are in the North terminal and we are flying from South.

:)

7. Hannah M

Hannah M New Member

I kno- i was the one who noticed lol its rele annoyin tho because i'm flyin frm the north terminal so I cant meet up with every1 :(

8. Sazzy19

Sazzy19 New Member

Are you on the BA flight? That's flying from North and there's a few people from the ICP on that one :)

9. Hannah M

Hannah M New Member

Aww thanx- im actule bein awkward n flyin with continental on a stopover flight n i think most ppl who are travellin with BA are flyin in the afternoon wen i'll b long gone, i think there is a mornin flight aswell tho so will check it out! x

10. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Its hard to tell given many people won't be posting on forums and facebook, but from the posts I've read across the net there are more on the monring than afternoon flight, so there might be more than you think. I know of at least eight other people on the same 11:05 BA flight, yet only two on the 13:30 BA flight, so there should be a reasonable number of us meeting together

11. CrazyChris

CrazyChris New Member

aj2721, i'm on your flight too ;D

12. CrazyChris

CrazyChris New Member

While we're on this topic, I'm gonna suggest something:

I'm sure most people are aware of BA's online check-in, but for those who are not, it starts 24 hours before your flight time (I think). It allows you to go through the check-in process online BUT the best bit is that you can choose your seat before everyone else who just arrive at the airport to check-in.

So, my suggestion is, that people on BA flights get together on MSN 24 hours before we fly, so that we can pick seats all close together, if people want.

13. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

I agree but it will have to be done very quick, or just a general area of the plane chosen, as the blocks of seats grouped together can go very quick, within minutes of the 24 hr window. It should be fine though, especially if just looking for samll groups dotted around the plane. Just two more exams left for me now!

Andrew