Food and Bev Tips On DCL

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by ukpavillion, Jan 12, 2005.

1. ukpavillion

ukpavillion New Member

Does anyone know what kind of tips can you expect if working on the disney cruise line as a server? Also what kind of hours do your work. Is it possible to apply to work at PALOs and if it is is it true you have to work in the mornings at quick service?

2. vistaway

vistaway New Member

As I recall, most Servers made around $3.75-$4 per guest per night. So based on working seven days a week (which of course you do), the math works out to be:

$3.75 x 16 (guests to serve in your section, although it varies) x two seatings (1st and 2nd) = $840.

Add to this the percentage you earn on any drinks you or you assistant sell (5% for you, 5% for assistant and 5% to the beverage folks). This will vary, but $50-$100 a week is reasonable.

So you can get pretty close to $1000 USD tax free per week. That's $52,000 a year, or based on Canadian tax rates (for example), the equivalent of a $70,000 a year job. Of course, you will work harder than almost anyone in Canada does for this money, and realistically, you could only work 10 months of each year anyway. But still, not too shabby! Now you know why so many people from developing countries work on the ships - this sort of money is enough to support an entire family and then some in most of their countries.

Now those numbers are for a server. Most people have to work up to this, so here is the Assistant Server calculation:

$2.75 x 16 guests x 2 seatings x 7 days = $616.

A bit less, but not shabby. I never envied the Assistants, though - I saw a lot of them being 'used and abused' by overbearing Severs. However, once you get a team that works you generally stay together.

Hope this helps!

Andy

3. laurie

laurie New Member

not sure for a server but for assistant server, and when you start you will be assistant server
    8 dollars /pers for a 3 days cruise
    10.75$/pers for a 4 days cruise
    the sections can have from 16 to 22 guests
    most of the time it's 18

4. Pete79

Pete79 New Member

I have expience of bar work having worked/managed bars and clubs. I would like to do F&B but dont want to have too much to do with food and would prefer to work a bar. Is this an option? Or do you have to serve on tables? I used to manage a food operation and carrying big heavy trays of plates is not for me.