Football Fans (The World Cup)

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by Members Only, May 22, 2006.

1. Members Only

Members Only New Member

Hey I was just wondering if there are any football fans going to be doing the ICP this summer, seeing as it's the world cup and all.

Do you think we will be able to get time too watch the England matches ?

Will anywhere even be showing the matches in the US ? I heard ESPN show some but I'm not sure.

2. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I heard the Rose & Crown at the UK pavilion will be showing them... otherwise I dunno.

3. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Hey

Yea I will be watching the World Cup and of course I will be supporting Trinidad & Tobago, Paraguay and Sweden. I think I might support US too since I will be out there!

One Jason Scotland! (plays for trinidad lol)

4. Chrissie

Chrissie New Member

Yeah, Im gonna support the US 2!

I am definatly looking forward to not having to listen 2 English commentry or watch the news and hear all about England, when no-one up here really cares! ;)

5. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

Ditto. I'm really looking forward to not hearing about 1966 or Wayne Ronneys foot every ten seconds.

I hope that they will be showing all the World Cup matches on a tv channel out there and not just the US ones, i'm looking forward to watching England get put out in the group stages and would hate to miss it ;D

6. LisaMouse

LisaMouse New Member

Ok so it looks like im the only girl going on the icp who is gutted that she is missing the world cup. Im gonna be missing my england boys doing us proud!! :-[ Ny others out there who wanna watch the england matches let me know im sure we can all find somewhere to show our loud support. COME ON ENGLAND!!

7. tinydancinggirl

tinydancinggirl New Member

Oh no your not...another female world cup follower here! :eek:D I've bought a big England flag and it's going on my wall...except when England are playing when I shall be wearing it ;)

Absolutely can't wait :D

8. slightlymazmad

Your not the only gir,l i dont like missing it either. I'm kinda gutted i wont be able to sit around with my family and cheer (or boo) the teams on while stuffing my face. Though i have to say i'd be more gutted if Scotland had actually got through to it.

I'm drawing the line at cheering on England though :p

On a more serious note, anyone know what time in Florida these games will be being shown at? middle of the dayish?

9. LisaMouse

LisaMouse New Member

Ok i accept im not the only girl gutted about the world cup. Which is great, all us girls together.xxx

10. PlanetD

PlanetD Member

I am so glad I am not around while the World Cup is on!

As a Dutchie I will get slaughterd...either way, if we win, all the Brits and Germans around will hunt me down ;D and if we lose, then I would have to hear that the rest of my stay...yikes! ::)

11. slightlymazmad

Ok i've answered my own question partly

06/12/2006
    11:55 AM ET U.S. Men vs. Czech Republic FIFA World Cup Stadium Gelsenkirchen Live on ESPN2 and Univision

06/17/2006
    2:30 PM ET U.S. Men vs. Italy Fritz-Walter-Stadion (Kaiserslautern, Germany) Live on ABC and Univision

06/22/2006
    9:55 AM ET U.S. Men vs. Ghana Frankenstadion (Nuremberg, Gemany) Live on ESPN and Univision

I'm not sure what time Florida is on though so it may be slightly different by an hour of two. Also i'm not sure about other games, there must be some station that'll be showing them.

12. Ona

Ona Member

Those times are eastern time (ET) and Florida is in the same time zone (GMT -5). :)

Hmm.. I'd find that very unlikely. :-\ If you've ever thought about it, there are no TVs (or newspapers for that matter) anywhere inside any of the parks. With good reason; once you step inside, you enter a new world, leaving all the nastiness of the real world behind. Hence, no TVs or newspapers.

There are however, plenty of TVs (even in the loos I've believe :D) in the ESPN on the boardwalk. ;) Other than that, find some cheesy British pubs on I-Drive or the 192 and you'll be sure to get the footie.

Lol! Indeed! That would just be silly. :p :D ;D :D :-*

Can't stand football myself. But each to their own. ;D ;D ;D

Ona x

13. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

I love football! Have to give my season ticket up for Ibrox for 18 months!!! :(

But as for this whole World Cup thing, I'm with Spaztaz, supporting Trinidad, Paraguay & Sweden!!! It's the whole 1966 thing just gets on us Scots nerves!!! ;D

Laura. :)

14. Jorden

Jorden New Member

15. chezza

chezza New Member

I am a sooooo gonna be cherring on the england team!!!! I love the atmosphere watching a fottie match with a pint!!! Its gonna be more special as i will be soo far away from home!!! so C'mon England!!!!!!!!

16. Shivasauras

Shivasauras New Member

I can't wait to get away from England World Cup madness. Someone getting a scan on their foot is NOT news!!! I hope they get knocked out fast. That will shut the media up