Getting to know you :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karritada, Mar 1, 2009.

1. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I quite like some French pop... I like Yelle at the moment... anyone heard of them (besides any Frenchies lol!)? I like the beats and love to listen to it on the way to work. I haven't got a clue what they're saying of course. They could be singing about their neighbours pet budgie and I'd think it was chic ;)

Do you prefer spring or autumn? (apologies... fall for all you crazy Canadians/Americans ;))

2. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

haha I'm like that for Finnish music. There's one band that sings in Finnish that I really really enjoy but aside from like one song I don't know what they're saying. I've seen them live twice though and they're awesome.

I prefer autumn/fall for sure. I like when the temp is like on the verge of being cold lmao like when the most you need is a zipper hoodie. Plus I'm obsessed with Halloween. ;D

What was the most creative Halloween costume you've worn?
    When I was like 4 my mom made me into a Pepsi bottle.

3. Cicada

Cicada New Member

That would be a good costume. I think my best one would have been a slice of cherry pie that my mum made. I think I wore it for 3 Halloweens in a row. I also liked my bag of Jelly Belly's halloween 2007.

That's a good question so I'm going to pass it on

4. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i'm not too big on halloween, but i have dressed up pretty special for other occasions

my friends' joint 21st last week - a monopoly box:
    [​IMG]

NYE 2008 - a postbox (with my best friend mr letter):
    [​IMG]

i like boxes!
    i did see a really awesome kool aid costume thing on youtube!

i'll pass it on, it's a pretty cool question!

5. Karritada

Karritada New Member

ah i love them both! the postbox and letter is a great idea. my favourite was probably a person being carried away in a bag...i wish i had photos so i could show you coz its really difficult to describe, but you know what way your legs go in a pair of trousers while the top half of the carrying character is stuffed and your body goes in a bin bag? it was the first costume i ever made myself and i was so proud :)

pass on ...

6. Janey

Janey New Member

I've heard of them (duh :D) and I quite like them as well. :) Personally, I can't listen to music in a language I can't understand, lyrics are just way too important to me. :)

You've had someone to translate the lyrics to you, right? ;) And I suppose we're talking about Uniklubi? :D

Unfortunately I've never had a chance to dress up for Halloween as we don't celebrate it in Finland. Yet another thing I was looking forward to in Florida. Cancelling the J1A sucks.. :mad:

Passing on the question though as it's a good one. :)

7. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

I dressed up last Halloween, think I'll post a picture. We couldn't get any halloween costumes and didn't have time to make one, so we went out as these. I'm in the red ;)

[​IMG]

I'll pass it on.

8. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

hehe yes ;D

9. the_anarky_boy

the_anarky_boy New Member

MC Lars! I'm goin to see him in two weeks!
    Obscure genre: got it covered. Nerdcore: hip hop about video games, technology, science, sci-fi, fantasy and other geek activities. MC Lars has an element of it to him.
    Obscure band: Sonic Boom Six. Not sure of they're "obscure" but definately underground. Best thing to ever come out of Manchester.
    I'll listen to any song so long as I like the music, regardless of the language its in. I listen to tons of Japanese stuff. I also found Eluviete, a folk-metal band from Switzerland, who sing some lyrics in the almost dead language of Gaulish :eek:.
    I just had to answer that question.

Halloween costumes? I've not dressed up at all hallows eve for years (though I have been tempted to dress up as Naruto characters many a time)!
    My most creative costume was probably the classic zombie when I was like 10. Green face paint, fake blood and a rip up t-shirt and jeans!

Relating to an answer of mine...
    Do you prefer Science Fiction (Star Wars and the like) or High Fantasy (Lord of the Rings territory)?

10. bacondoublecheese

bacondoublecheese New Member

[​IMG]

Easily the best Hallowe'en costume ever - me, being a scary ghost.

I prefer Star Wars. It has many different settings, themes, and characters. To me, LOTR is boring and dull, and very repetitive. SW also, in my opinion, is within the realms of reality. It has limits and boundries (if any of you watch Dragonball Z you'll know what I mean), is very exciting, has a lot people can relate to, and to me seems more believable because it is an advancement in our technology.

For my question, it is one that has caused many debates among my friends.

Which would you rather be; an arse faced weasel, or a weasel faced arse?

11. sophie123

sophie123 New Member

My brothers best friend just won finnish idol :) ino im random

12. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

awesome! i'm going to see him (on the 19th i think) as well, and he's being supported by failsafe, that's a well tidy line-up
    i like SB6 a bit, but haven't proper gotten into them. i quite like me vs hero if you've heard of them? (being from manchester and that)

arsed faced weasel definately, weasel's are ugly but i'd rather have it's body than have the body of an arse...if i understood that question properly that is!?

would you rather be extremely tall or extremely short?

and soph...whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

13. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

hmm really short I think... thats so hard though

Passin it on :)

14. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

That is a toughie! I think I'd probably go with being short though. Then you never have to worry about hitting your head when walking through a doorway, AND you'd always be allowed to go on kiddie rides! ShaZAM! I would request though that I'd be tall enough to at least make it on rollercoasters! :D

If you could have the world's largest collection of ONE type of thing, what would you choose?

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

DISNEY PINS! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pass on! Good Question!

16. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Shoes ;D Or period drama dvds.... hmmmm....

Pass it on, I'm too tired to think of a new one ;)

17. ally and darren

ally and darren New Member

im defo wi u on this one Helen shoes shoes and more shoes ;D ;D ;D ;D oh and bags 2 match ;) ;) ;)

pass it on :D

18. sophie123

sophie123 New Member

Lol matt i told ya i was random. i noticed some1 had put they liked finnish music so i thought i would come out wi that.
    i have 2 say short is best, only cos i am short :0
    Helen i gotta say SHOES lol x

19. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

see i'm tall so i can't ever imagine being short haha
    i'll go for drums or recording equipment...or houses, that'd be useful!

list the high school musical boys and girls in the order you like them most (e.g. 1. sharpay 2. gabriella 3. taylor and 1. ryan 2. chad 3. zac)

20. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

OK having only watched it one and a half times, I can only really remember them vaguely, so I'm gonna go with Zac Effron as my top (he's fiiiiit!) and then Sharpay cos she's awesomely bitchy. Gabriella somewhere near the bottom as she is El Blanketo Wet

Pass on since I answered that rubbishly.