Getting to know you :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karritada, Mar 1, 2009.

1. gelatogirl

gelatogirl Guest

The best day of my life so far.. hmm.. that must when me and a couple of friends went on a one day cruice around the island of Gozo, ending up in the blue lagoon with crystal clear blue water swimming there was just fantastic, the water was meters deep... it was just. ah I loved it hehe

2. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I have a couple of friends that live in Gozo, beautiful place. Looking to go again this summer hopefully!

3. gelatogirl

gelatogirl Guest

really? yeah you should, it's so beautiful down there :D

4. Karritada

Karritada New Member

my best day would probably be the day i got my 21st pressie from my boyfriend...admittedly i wasnt too chuffed at getting woken at rediculous o'clock in the morning but ending up in Paris definitely made up for it!

Who is your favourite Disney villain?

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Malificent, haha, shes just so evil!

Wow, thats amazing! I wish someone would wake me up early in the morning and take me to New York or WDW or summin like that.

pass on!

6. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Hmm probably Jafar, because Aladdin was the first movie I remember watching and I loved it. He's so evil at the end its scary! I also like Hades because he's funny and I like that he changes colour to suit his mood :)

Favourite sit-down show at WDW?

7. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

The hollywood stuntshow (I think thats what its called)

what are your favourite boy and girl baby names?

8. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I like quite traditional names for boys... James, William, Harry, etc. My favourite girls name is Heulwen which means sunshine in Welsh :)

Pass on

9. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I've not thought loads about it but I quite like foreign names, something a bit different.

As I didn't properly answer I'll pass on

10. sarah_1254

sarah_1254 New Member

Jack or Jake and Rosie or Amiee

If you were at Epcot and someone asked you where the best place to visit in your home country is, what would you say?!

11. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Depends what they're into! If they like their history I'd say South Wales, we have Caerphilly Castle which is one of the oldest and biggest castles in Europe, Llancaiach Fawr which is an old manor house that Charles II stayed in, the mines, and loads more..

If they like their scenery, Brecon Beacons or Snowdonia.

If they like their beaches, West/Mid-West Wales (my favourite beach is called Mwnt and it was where a Bollywood film set in the pacific was filmed!)

And of course, Aberystwyth. You can't beat Aber.

Good question- pass on!

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Wow thats a great question, most definately Loch Lomond, Glasgow city centre for shopping, visit the isle of Arran, culzean castle, st andrews, many places in the highlands. I could keep going on, haha. So many places, beautiful beaches and views, but most certainly come in the summer, views can be seen so much better and farther.

There are so many places, but i certainly would recommend a game of golf at some of the top courses.

pass on!

13. Janey

Janey New Member

If I would only have a country in EPCOT.. *daydreams*

Anyway, take this as a free travel tip. ;D I would recommend Helsinki, out capital, at the summertime as there are beautiful places such as Suomenlinna, an old fortress build to protect our capital, excellent place for a picnic! Also I'd recommend Tampere at the summer, SO beautiful and full of history, good museums, an amusement park and fantastic people. For sports fans Jyväskylä in August is a must as we host Neste Oil Rally which is a part of the World Rally Championship.

At wintertime going to Lapland is a brilliant idea. It can really cold there. And by really cold I mean at the best/worst -35 degrees Celsius. Of course, you have to go and say hi to Father Christmas as he lives here like you all know.. ;) There are alpine skiing world cup competitions.

Passing this one on! :)

14. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Jaana... I want to go back to your country so bad you can't even imagine! I would also note that in the summertime in Finland there's a music festival just about every weekend SOMEWHERE in the country. My dream is to go spend a summer and do nothing but go to concerts.

I honestly haven't done much traveling inside of Canada. I would tell them I grew up in Montreal and it's an amazing place for a tourist, as you get the North American modern metropolis mixed with a lot of the traditions and influence of the old world (France is an obvious one, but there are also sections of the city that have high populations of other coutries.) The centre of the island (Montreal is an island if you didnt know) has a mountain you can easily get to the top to and its a spectacular view. Awesome shopping. Crazy nightlife. Great art scene with many museums. Virtually every type of cuisine imaginable (you mustn't forget to try the Quebec delicasy poutine!!!) Home to the best hockey team in the world ;D Also in the winter there are a ton of skislopes within an hour's drive.
    I have told this to people before, Montreal is a great city for tourists because there is something for everyone.

Favorite designer label, whether you can afford it or not?
    I love Ed Hardy (technically Christian Audigier) and Betsey Johnson. It's a problem that there is a Betsey outlet at Prime Outlets and when I was just there, in the very next store it said 'Coming soon-Ed Hardy'. Eek. Bye bye paychecks.

15. Janey

Janey New Member

You're always welcome to come and stay at my place. :) It's quite convinient that I live in the centre of the country so the distances aren't long no matter where you wanna go. ;)

Ooh, I'm a fashion addict!! In clothes I love Alexander McQueen and especially his McQ line, Diane von Furstenberg's wrap dresses and jeanswise 7 for all mankind that I've been to scared to try on as I fear I'll fall in love with them and nothing else will do after that.. In bags I love Balengiaga, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Dior (especially the saddle bags!) and Gucci. And when it comes to shoes there nothing that compares to Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik or Christian Louboutin. And no, I can't afford eny of these.. yet. Hopefully at some point though. :)

About the brands I can afford I love Converses, you just can't beat them! I also like most of the bags from Guess by Marciano and they have some nice shoes as well. Absolutely the best, reasonably priced bags are Longchamp's Le Pliage -series. Pure brilliance: so light to carry, even the smallest one can carry so much stuff and as they're made on nylon (with leather handles) they're any weather proof.

Fun question, I'll pass it on! :)

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I dont own any of the clothes but that is going to change this year, but i love the clothes out of polo ralph lauren. I also like Tommy hilfiger and Timberland. I own some timberland clothes and my timberland boots (which have alcohol stains on them so cannot wear them anymore :(). For shoes, i love my trainers, so lacoste is a must on top designer, but lonsdale is what i have, loads of them, haha. I would love an armani suit, hehe. I have a gucci wallet though, its black and its amazing.

I will be hoping to build up on top designers over the summer.

ill pass on, see what everyone else has to say about it, hehe.

17. sinthesparky

sinthesparky Member

I beg to differ :p. The standard issue Lacoste shoe is not only worn by gazillions, but the quality isn't worth 1/3 of the price.
    Timberland boots are nice though! ;)

As for things above the waist (sweats, cardigans etc) I like J. Lindeberg, RL, Gant. There are many other labels that carry awesome stuff, but I keep coming back to these. When it comes to jeans I swear by APC. The fit is amazing.
    Shoes, anything that is not Lacoste, Converse, Vans and *insert brand everyone has and have worn for three decades here*. Ah well, I'm picky on shoes, so whichever label that can come up with anything I like. I quite like my Dior Homme sneakers from '08, so yay for Dior Homme.
    I don't really have any favorites (except for jeans), I stick with whatever looks good at the moment.

It's an interesting question though, so I'll pass it on.

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I just love the look of the lacoste shoes, it doesnt bother me that millions wear them, haha.

I do like having unique things though, like my personalised disney hoodie, its awesome. I love my jeans, i have so many pairs, i just have so many clothes in general cause i dont chuck anything out.

Ok that sounds really strange, haha.

19. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I like this question :)

I don't go for particular labels, jus what I think looks good, but obviously certain labels appeal to me more than others.

Some that spring to mind are Superdry, Supremebeing, ElvisJesus, Diesel, Lowlife (belts), AllSaints, Penguin. I have a few tops from Urban Outfitters, a few American Eagle/Hollister. Jeans I just buy what looks good. I have Hollister, AE, Topman, H&M jeans so whatever appeals really.

I've got a Louis Vuitton wallet that I adore haha.

I'll probably think of more stuff later :)

Pass on!

20. Janey

Janey New Member

A thing I feel strongly about and would like to know.. Are all of your designer products authentic? If they're not, SHAME on you!! :mad: Buying fake products is not only against the law, it also finances drug dealing, supports and uses child labour and in worst cases finances terrorism! If you can't buy a designer product, buy a "non-trademark" product rather than a fake. And this applies to everything from bags to music to films. Also, the quality in fake product is far from the original and their cost is ridiculous.

Okay, rant over. :D