Getting to know you :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karritada, Mar 1, 2009.

1. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

now i feel better for downloading music, because i know that no one is getting any money to finance drugs etc from it...but neither do the musicians :s

i'm not too into fashion, as anyone who sees me in real life will know :p but i quite like howies, american apparel, topman etc...not really 'designers' though

right, new question methinks :) what kind of superstitions do believe in?

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ghosts and spirits, probably the one i believe most, hehe.

pass on!

3. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

i believe in some sort of karma... that if you do something wrong or bad you'll pay for it, but if you do something good something good will happen. Just seems to be the way my life has worked out lol!

pass on :)

4. jackpope

jackpope New Member

I believe in Karma and basically life is what you make of it!

What's the most stupid thing you've ever ever EVER done?

5. gelatogirl

gelatogirl Guest

I've steped at a disposable grill at the beach (by accident), and bacause it hurt so much I forgot to run down to the water, my friend had to tell me to. I had big blisters under my foot the following week :s

pass on

6. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

fell over on a running machine...well, put it up to top speed and jumped on. there's plenty of others i'm sure, but that comes to mind first.

pass on ;)

7. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I fall over a lot when I'm very drunk but I'm not sure that counts

Pass :)

8. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

The time I forgot how to walk after going out for a few lemonades with my friends, and fell back into a field that ran along the path I was walking home with my friends along, two welshy welsh (i.e. welsh speaking! ;D) guys came and said they would save me by performing "CPR" and I walked home with said guys whilst showing off my welsh speaking skills by saying "I live in a detached house." (in Welsh) Luckily I got home to my TERRACED house safely.

And I've actually done more stupid things than that, but I'm not going into them!!

PASS ON!

9. Karritada

Karritada New Member

well ive managed to fall off a segway (which is meant to measure your centre of gravity so often its impossible to fall off, i guess i proved that theory wrong) possibly the most embarassing tho was a professional concert that i was doing, the last person to walk on stage and i tripped over the tamtam/gong which then fell off the stand. everyone knew i had arrived ::) i guess im a total clutz

pass on again :)

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I remember when i performed in Joseph when i was in second year, i was playing the baker, and just after i sang, as the curtains were closing i dropped my basket with all my rolls and break and rolling pin, everyone found it hilarious, i was trying to grab everything from under the curtain, i was so embarassed.

i have so many stupid things ive done, haha.

pass on!

11. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Its easy to fall off a Segway - just lean forwards a lot so it goes really fast and eventually itl spin out and throw you haha. Don't ask me how I know :(

12. Karritada

Karritada New Member

thats exactly what happened to me! they kept shouting lean back, i kept shouting if i lean back ill fall off. eventually i decided to lean back just as the segway decided it had had enough and chucked me off, it wasnt much of a fun experience! xxx

13. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

What is a segway?

14. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I want to use one of them. i want to go on the segway tour.

16. Karritada

Karritada New Member

it measures the tiny shifts in your balance when your body thinks about going forward/backward/left/right and moves you in that direction, its REALLY good fun even when you fall over!

new question time i think what would your movie playlist for a week be?

for me i think it would be
    • Enchanted
      West Side Story
      The Little Mermaid
      X-Men (i have a pretty huge crush on hugh jackman)
      Transformers (and shia leboeuf)
      Edward Scissorhands (and johnny depp)
      Sleepless in Seattle

17. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Ohh its one of those things people who can't be bothered to walk use to go to the shops ;D I WANT ONE! Hahahaha!

Sound of Music
    My Big Fat Greek Wedding
    Persuasion
    Mean Girls
    Hairspray
    Bridget Jones' Diary
    Sister Act

What is your favourite Disney song from a FILM (not the parks/shows etc... just the films!)

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

So close from enchanted or go the distance from hercules!

For my weeks playlist:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    The Day After Tomorrow
    Pocahontas
    Wall-e
    Die Hard 2
    The Fifth Element
    Finding Nemo

Pass on!

19. Janey

Janey New Member

Ooh, such a cool question!!

* Love Actually (week would start so well, you can't be in a bad mood after this one!)
    * Moulin Rouge!
    * Batman Begins
    * The Dark Knight (yeah, I have a slight obsession of the Nolan Batmans)
    * P.S. I Love You
    * Twilight
    * Gone with the Wind OR Breakfast at Tiffany's

Pass on!

(Oh, and my fave Disney film song would have to be... The Circle of Life or The Beauty and the Beast :))

20. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

seven films eh...i'm sure this would change if i did it tommorow, but for today:
    - monsters inc
    - the shawshank redemption
    - mean girls
    - the lion king
    - role models
    - schindler's list
    - the 40 year old virgin

i put in some intense ones, but i generally like comedies most :)

big night out or quiet night in?