Getting to know you :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karritada, Mar 1, 2009.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Stitch.

Hmmm, i cant really think of anything to ask.

What is your favourite season of the year and why?

2. Cicada

Cicada New Member

spring, the weather is perfect and everything is pretty and green. I think I especially like it because it means winter is over!!

What was your favourite class you have ever taken?

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Higher Modern Studies in 6th year, i absolutely loved that subject, it was amazing and i got an A for it, woohoo!
    I also loved higher music.

Who was your best ever teacher, for which subject, and why?

4. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I started to reply to this ages ago, so I'm going to continue! My favourite class EVER was a module at uni called Geographies of Memory. It covered everything from street names to ghosts, and how stories and identity and the past is used to evoke a sense of place... If I do a masters in geography (which I doubt I will) I'll do something on GOM! I also liked my Second year fieldwork module... mainly cos it was a trip to New York City haha

I have a few I consider my best.

First of all my teacher in year 3 who took notice of me when I'd always been sidelined before because I was so shy as a kid. I cried when she left the school, I was inconsolable. Her name was Miss Truesdale, and I still remember her giving me a golden star for my drawing of a Roman soldier.

Second my teacher in year 5, Mr Kiminski. He was a story teller and he taught us so much that year just through his stories of "when he was a boy". The memory of him that sticks out, though, was when we were doing R.E. and he asked the class what a jew was. Bear in mind, we were a Catholic school, I put my hand up and said "A person from Jerusalem" and he laughed his head off ahaha!

And my Italian teacher in comprehensive school. I had a massive issue that I didn't feel I could ever tell an adult, but when I decided that if it got any worse I'd tell someone, she was the first person I thought of. She was a fantastic teacher. And she also told us this hilarious story about the difference between "pene" and "penne" and how it can result in embarrassing restaurant situations...

If you could change one thing from that past what would it be?

5. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

I would change how people thought about eachother. That there would be no prejudices or rasicm against other groups of people or other people in general. I feel like that would have prevented a lot of horrible things from happening.

What's one thing you definitely want to happen in the future?

6. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

The imbalances in the world to balance out as much as possible.

Why is it OK that some people are earning more than they can ever spend for kicking a ball around a patch of grass, and living in houses with so many rooms they could house a towns population, when there are tiny children starving, living on the streets, getting no education and having god knows what done to them because there's no one to look after them?!!

Why is it OK for a man to love a woman, but not a man?? Why can't two men or two women celebrate their love the same as a man and a woman? Why is it OK for one group to be given more opportunities with jobs, internships etc. than others (and this works both ways- I can't get an internship at the place I want to, because I'm white) </impassioned essay>

Sun kissed or pale beauty?

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Sun kissed.

Ok i little your outlook on what could be changed Helen, i want to know why african countries that are in billions of pounds worth of debt are being left in debt and struggling to save the people in their country, recovering poverty. But whatever money they do receive it is used for the rich, like building massive airports and buying military weapons for war when their problems can be resolved by spending it on health and education where more people would be benefitted. I also hate poverty and debt, why should we have to deal with money, why cant everyone just live the same, with no distinct differences, it seems very unfair. I could go on. Also the government, argh! dont get me started, why cant they just stick to their word, but thats what makes a great MP, a total lier! But then again there are these amazing and wonderful MPs, also why the hell is there allowed to be a BMP, i think they should be refused entry in parliament and even the country, their views are uncalled for and are a disgrace to this country. Ill stop

Anyway, what do you think of the British government?

8. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

I'm very proud of being British. But its always been the British people that make me proud, and not the government. I honestly think that I should be in power ;D

And Helen - too right girl!!!

Whoops got carried away then and forgot to leave a question! ... What are your plans for Friday night???

9. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Go to bed early cos I have work at 8.30 on Saturday! Rubbish!! They mucked my shifts up, so my original plans when I didn't have work on Saturday were to go to my friends Ann Summer's party, but stupid work now say I have to work! Boo!!

What are you doing to say goodbye to everyone when you leave for Fl? Part-ay? Night out? Nice meal?? Leave a note next to the kettle saying "See you in a year."?

10. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Haha that one.
    No seriously, it'll depend on the person. With friends more than likely we'll go get drunk at my favorite bar. Family probably a nice homemade supper with the whole gang.
    That was a good question :)

Which on-site restaurant are you most looking forward to eating at?

11. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

ooo california grill! I've eaten there once before, but they simply have the best sushi I have ever had! I cannot wait to go back! Either that or Pecos Bill's in Frontierland! lol!

Sushi or a nice steak??

12. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Probably Garden Grill, I love going there for the characters and the catfish :) ooo actually the new dino restaurant at Downtown Disney is one of the few I haven't been to yet.

(I only just joined the thread so not sure what questions were asked)

What was your favourite movie of 2008?

13. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

thats easy
    High School Musical 3. amazing stuff!

Favourite song?

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I have too many, but my favourite at the moment is If Today was your last day by Nickelback.

Where in the world...?

15. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I felt I had to answer this since it appears no one has...
    Definitely STEAK!!! If it aint' Alberta, it ain't beef!

.... is Carmen San Diego?
    Is that what you were looking for? lol

Would you rather live on the moon or under the ocean?

16. ginabella

ginabella New Member

On the moon!! The water pressure would get to me...plus i cant swim very well! hehe. could you imagine the view from the moon, it would be epic!

If you had the choice to live in darkness forever, or daylight forever, what would you choose!?

17. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Daylight by far!

If you had to do one job for the rest of your life what would it be? (Lets take Disney out of the picture)

18. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Flight attendant or anything else where I would get paid to travel. I am a total travelaholic.

Aside from your homecountry's, which EPCOT pavillion is your favorite and why?

19. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

My dream dream dream job would be working in an international development charity or someone like DFID or UNDP (google them, lol!) I'd love to do some on the field work, although I don't know if I'd want to do it forever because I want to have a family etc... so I guess doing some sort of job in this country that supports the work out there.

Do you collect anything? Is there a story behind it?

PS: Whoops, I was beaten to the punch again! Oh well, I couldn't answer that question anyways haha cos I've never been to Epcot!!

20. the_anarky_boy

the_anarky_boy New Member

I haven't been to it for years, but definately Japan pavalion! I've seen pictures of it recently and they have an entire wall of Naruto merch! (I'm a big anime and manga geek)

Where would you rather see a band: a stadium concert or a small venue?