Give your money saving tips for those working at Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Disney Dude, Feb 16, 2009.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Is that where they take you round the DVC hotels?

2. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Yep. I did it in 2007. Took about an hour and they gave me a $15 gift card just for my time.

I'd love to actually become a DVC member but i simply can't afford it on my own

3. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

hahah, I dont know why I asked what DVC was, I get it now.
    We were meant to do one last time but couldn't make it.
    Leom let's do one on a day off or something?!

4. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

On the haircut front I got mine done on the Main Street Barber shop - you do get CM discount but make sure you give yourself plenty of time. The one backstage at MK looked a bit scary and always empty. I can't remember the exact price, something like $12 for Main Street though my memory could be a bit off. It was a nice experience and a bit different.

Not sure whether they still give $15. I didn't go on a tour last summer, but think you got free ice cream. Don't know what they'd say if a bunch of 20 yr olds came up to a DVC stand given you're unlikely to be interested in seriously purchasing or have the funds to invest in DVC.

5. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

maybe as we'll have to shave daily on days off facial hair will grow thick and fast. so if we all grow beards they'll know we're serious investors ;)

6. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Perhaps - but they'd realise as serious investors would run a mile from timeshare properties!

7. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

How about I look after all your cash for you?
    I offer a bad interest rate, but I can return it all at the end.....
    any takers?? :p
    xx

8. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

don't make promises you can't keep :p

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Hell yea, i well wanna go on one, and then get sample nights, haha. I want to sample a whole night to see if ill like it, do you think theyd let us?

I dont think so, i will look after yours first, it may return to you in the form of a used plane ticket and bloomingdales receipts, haha.

Im quite worried about my money when im out there, do you think there are safe enough places to hide and protect any cash you have with you?

10. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Is having a bank account not a solution to that? I think even if people are going out for 3 months then it's worth taking one out, you don't wanna take all your dosh around with you everywhere, and you certainly don't wanna leave it in your apt.
    Do you get safe's or anything?

11. Yes, you get a safe in your closet. They are quite big ... can fit your laptop in it if you put it on its side. I kept a lot of money in the safe especially when I had just cashed my check.

12. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

oh thats cool, I was thinking whether we'd have one!
    Leom- i have no idea,but i'm going to say no!

ah I really cannot wait to get there now, I have so much uni work to do,but i'm distracting myself by looking at Disney stuff!

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Im opening up a bank account anyway, but i will still have cash with me in the apartment, so did u find it safe enough in the safe whereyourdreamscometrue (i dont know your name, sorry!)?

I cant wait tto get there either Jess, i am meant to be doing maths the now, hence why im still at uni, haha.

14. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

i'm sure we have to open an account to have our wages paid into? unless we could do it to another one,but i'm sure most people open them up with Disney anyway

15. Leom ... its Louise :)
    Yeh I found it safe enough, we never had any problems with things like that.
    You don't have to open an account. I didn't. People either open one with Partners which is connected to Disney or Suntrust which is near Downtown Disney.

16. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I never keep cash in my safe, it's always in my wallet. The lads I live with are sound, I don't touch their stuff, they don't touch mine. It all depends on how trustworthy you feel your roommates are.

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Hmmmm, i dont know what to do, i want a disney debit card, hehe!

I hope my roommates are sound!

18. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Letting you know the 'safe' being described isn't a proper safe. Its a locker (a bit like school). Two stacked on top of each other in the closet of each double room roughly 20cm wide x 40cm high. You must provide the lock for this however and they're not fixed to the floor or rediculously heavy or protected like a safe would be. They should be fine for your valuables however as it would take quite a bit of effort to get them open or remove them from the appartment. Its worth taking the padlock with you if you happen to have one at home to save a bit on buying a new one - this is a money saving thread after all!

19. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

yay, my turn to give a tip. dunno bout you guys but i bought 2 special locks for my suitcases when i fly that are designed for american flights specifically. cos if customs or whoever needs to check my baggage then they dont have to force open anything cos they have a special key to open these specific locks.

anyway you can use one of those locks for your safe in the apartment. i bought one combination lock and one normal key lock.

hope this helps

cheers

20. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I sooo could keep that one - invest it all in roulette in Vegas (pretending to be 21 obviousely) - and just hope Jo and Helen aren't Ocean's 11ing it then.....
    Or I could pimp everyone out if I lost it all?? :p
    xx