Give your money saving tips for those working at Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Disney Dude, Feb 16, 2009.

1. mpark90

mpark90 Member

haha the dreaded lynx bus
    the 42 goes to the Florida Mall, thats the airport one
    and number 8 and i think 37 all link round the 42, which goes into the Florida mall

2. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

ah busses, i can't wait for them to confuse me!

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Im not a great bus person, can get motion sickness quite easily on a bus, but ive never ridden a bus in florida so i dont know what it will be like.

4. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Pretty much like any bus.

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, you havent been on an irvine bus, its boring and full of neds!

6. Cicada

Cicada New Member

I'm dreading the busses, and desperately want to win the lottery so I can afford to take my car down

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

hehe, I would love to have a car there, but i dont see the point for the summer and i wouldnt be able to afford it.

8. Cicada

Cicada New Member

true, but for the year it could be worth it. I think mainly for when working late shifts when the whole world is waiting for a bus out of epcot.

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, why dont you get a car then?

10. Cicada

Cicada New Member

because I'm poor. I'm still going to look into exactly how much it would cost to bring mine down and maybe go and bed to my nana. It's not necessary, but I think it would make things so convinient

11. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Ashley gave me the heads up on that little treat!

I've been trying to figure out how to get a Lynx bus to downtown Orlando to watch the Magic but it seems far too confusing! Think I will just rent a car again!

12. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

are you gonna get your florida licence out there stu?
    i wanna car...or more like a minivan haha. i'll have to assess my finances after a few months!

13. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

You need your social security number first before you can get a FL license. I went to the office just over 2 weeks ago & they said it takes about a fortnight after that but nothing yet. As soon as I get it, I will be straight to the DMV office!

Renting is not stupidly expensive if you can find others who are willing to split the cost. A Pontiac G6 (decent sized 4 door saloon) is just under 300 bucks a week with all the taxes & insurance etc. I have my eyes on a Mustang GT for nearly 400 a month but nobody will split the cost as it's hardly practical for a 5 person road trip!

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I would love to get my florida license, but do you think it possible to get it done over the summer?

15. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I don't see why not...the biggest problem will be getting to the DMV. It's on OBT which is a fair little trek from here & there are no buses anywhere near. Just have to make friends with somebody who has a car!