Graduate Opportunities

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by slightlymazmad, Oct 2, 2008.

1. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

Hey Guys :)

Hope you dont mind me asking questions that have probably already been asked, but although I've had a look over this website, I'm still a little confused. And Yummy havent helped matters.

I did the ICP programme back in the summer of 06, and like most of the rest of you - I got the bug. Bigtime!

I'm graduating in June and I know I'm not eligible for the ICP programme again (unless they changed it), despite what Yummy tried to tell me - I dont think read my email properly.

I'd really like to go back for a year, and was under the impression that there was a Graduate programme that you could do that with. There used to be, but I think that they maybe cut it back to 6 months? Does anyone know anything about this?

The information sheet that Yummy sent me about the UCF programme, states that the programme would suit recent graduates with a BA in any subject, but Yummy said I wasnt able to do it cause my degree wasnt in Management, Hospitality ect. I have, will have, one in Politics by June. I emailed about this but am waiting to hear back from them as Chloe is out of the office until the 18th.

Is there anyone out there, or going, who doesnt have a degree in any of the subjects that you would naturally associate with a job at Disney?

I'll be back with a couple of more questions later, but if I dont head now I'm going to miss my lecture.

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

2. beckstarr

beckstarr New Member

hey!

my degree was in forensic and analytical chemistry, couldn't be more different to what they stipulated and they never even blinked when i applied, and i was accepted. I dont think they care and i reckon you will be fine, we're paying lots for the privilege anyway!

Good luck with the process, hope this helps!

3. I am applying in January for the Graduate programme starting either in June or October. My current degree has nothing to do with Management but when I asked Jason about it he said that it doesn't matter as long as you have a degree qualification.

4. slightlymazmad

Hey Beckstarr and whereyourdreamscometrue

Thank you so much ;D

I didnt think I needed to have a specific type of degree for the graduate programme, but wanted to make sure. Hopefully Chloe will confirm all this when she gets back on the 18th.

Now I've just got to decide whethere I want to have a start in October or later, like April. I've never been to Disney during the christmas period but I love it during the summer, hmmm...

Does anyone know the start dates? I know there is October to April and April to October but I'm not too sure on the others.

5. I was sent the following months:
    January - July
    April - October
    July - January
    October - April

I am hoping to go out in October so that I can save up and really enjoy myself instead of having to worry about a lack of money when I am out there.

6. slightlymazmad

Hey whereyourdreamscometrue

Can I ask what Jason told you, as I've just had an email from Chloe saying that they have changed the conditions and your degree how has to be along the lines of management, hospitality ect...which really sucks :'( :'(

I am soo disappointed its unbelievable. It really narrows down my opions for going back to Disney.

7. ginabella

ginabella New Member

are you still at uni?! have you graduated yet?!
    cos im graduating this summer, and still got through to the F2F stages of going on the ICP next year, i know its not a year, but maybe you're eligible for that?!

8. I was told that I was eligible to apply for the programme thats it and that I have to wait until January to apply. That really better not be true. I want to go so badly. I know I can do the summer ICP again but it really isn't long enough for me and I want to eventuall do a Professional Management Internship there as well.

9. cowza

cowza New Member

When I did the program it didn't matter what your degree was in. There was plenty of random ones.

There are two programs tho so maybe Yummy got confused with the questions you asked?

There IS a year one but that is for people doing a degree related to hospitality and need to do a year of 'work experience' in order to graduate. Maybe they thought you were asking about that one.

10. I don't know. But chloe told me today that i can't apply because i'm not doing the correct degree. I am devestated and annoyed at yj for not giving me the correct information straight away.

11. cowza

cowza New Member

Oh that really sucks :-(

12. slightlymazmad

Hey Ginabelle

I though you had to be going back to Uni to participate it the ICP? Or have they changed those rules as well?

If I can do the ICP again, then I'll try that. Its not what I really want, but at the moment, I'll take anything as long as it gets me back to Disney.

13. slightlymazmad

I'm totally with you on that. Yummy even sent me an attachment about the programme, and on that it stated that if you had graduated it didnt matter what your degree was in. It wasnt till I pointed that out, that they said the conditions had changed.

I feel really down in the dumps at the moment cause I was so looking forward to the application process and having something to look forward too at the end of Uni, it was keeping me going. :'( :'( :'(

14. cowza

cowza New Member

I thought you could apply to the Summer ICP as long as you are still studying when you apply? Meaning you can do it after your final year of uni? Or is it essential to be between years?

15. I could but it would mean that I would miss my graduation as well as my college celebrations at the end of the year which I had to miss last year when I went to Disney. I was desperate to do the UCF graduate programme but I now just feel depressed about the fact that there is a high possibility that I won't ever be able to return to Disney as a castmember in the near future.

16. slightlymazmad

It used to be that you had to be between years. At least, thats what we where told back in 2006 and in the years previous I think. They might have changed it. Sounds like they have.

I think I'm going to try and find out who changed the conditions for the graduate programme - Disney, the College or Yummy. Though I dont see it being the latter. And why they did it.

17. It would make sense if it was Rosean college as they are a management college but it still isn't fair.If you find out post it on here. I know there are a lot of people who have been put out by this.

I am trying to get around it by saying that communications is a major part of my degree this year and that it's a part of my dissertation. It probably won't work but there's no hope in trying.