Groceries?

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussion and Buy/Sell/Trade' started by littlemissdisney, Feb 20, 2006.

1. littlemissdisney

littlemissdisney New Member

Apart from Walmart, are there any smaller, nearer supermarkets which are walkable for day-to-day things such as bread and milk?

from Beth

2. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Wallgreens right by Vista Way; Publix walkable from the Commons and Chatham. Publix is much bigger than Wallgreens.

3. Colin

Colin Member

Random question for sure, but I was just looking on the Quorn US website to see where it can be bought in Orlando, and the Publix in the same Zip code as the commons came up.

Had anyone here happened to notice if they do actually stock quorn in there. I'll miss Quorn if I get the job, and if I can buy it there thats awesome (only 3 places in Orlando that sell it and it says that Publix is one of them lol)

Its a vegetarian substitute if anyone wondered :D

Colin

4. monkian

monkian New Member

*considers substituting vegetarian friend with some quorn....shall call her quornie..may have bad sense of humour sideffects tho?!*

5. chezza

chezza New Member

im really excited about goin, even the shoppin bit makes me smile! do they give you your shopping in a big brown paper bag...like on the oc lol

6. monkian

monkian New Member

i like shopping in publix!!!!! but can't wait to go to walmart...oh my goodness!

i am officially sad!

7. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

ahaha I can't wait for Wal-mart either.
    I always call Tessa when she's in Wal-mart and it sounds like fun.
    Aparently the entirety of customers inside work for Disney. Lol.

dannyhunteruk likes this.
  8. chezza

chezza New Member

lol i hope i like the american food! i hear the chocs not as good as here?! (uk)

9. littlemissdisney

littlemissdisney New Member

Nah the choc ain't as good! Hersheys is really disappointing! But Cadburys is hard to beat! Even if you buy Cadbury's in the US it doesn't taste as nice for some reason! I think I will have to bring some rations over with me!

from Beth
    xxxx

10. chezza

chezza New Member

room for pot noodles in my suitcase then...hehe

11. monkian

monkian New Member

cadbury doesn't taste as nice in u.s cos it is made by Hersheys(evil) cadbury liscences it to them!!

12. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

Stop talking about chocolate...cause i have none and i want some! :p

One of the things i will be taking with me cause i wont have to fit it in my suitcase on the way back.

Mhairi

13. monkian

monkian New Member

you might not have any...but i gave it up for lent i should have a ticker that says...2 weeks 2 das till chocolate!!!

14. KC

KC New Member

I'm off chocolate for lent too.

I'm officially ready to kill to get some *chuckles* Can't wait till bloomin' lent is over!

Mmm... chocolate...
    KC

15. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

I worked at chocolate chain western Canada called Purdy's.
    Amazing stuff, made entirely by them and family owned. The quality in the chocolate was phenomenal! They were also great at treating their staff, I got SOO much free chocolate around Christmas time and I was able to eat as much as I wanted during my shifts, infact it was encouraged because you had to be able to give a detailed description to the customers.

man, I miss that job!

16. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Ah yes, I remember when the one opened up in the mall my Toys R Us is in... they brought us samples on the first day...

17. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

Most North American Chocolate is sad ... unless you can get it somewhere that makes it in the store. Our chocolate is really stale ... oh the joy of having relatives in Germany ... now there's some REAL chocolate.

I hear the walk from Publix to the Commons is pretty short so that's good news to me ... however the thought of buses to Walmart leaves me a little queasy, and it has nothing to do with the buses. I don't shop at Walmart ...well I try not too cause I feel guilty. I've worked for Zellers for 5 1/2 years and I can't stand how they kill good Canadian business. But I guess since there aren't any Zellers stores in the States I can make peace with shopping at Walmart.

I wonder what kinds of foods I'll miss? I already know All Dressed Chips will be on that list ... apparently only us canuks are crazy enough for the "alternative" flavours (and yes I spelt flavour with a U)

18. Sabrina1981

Sabrina1981 New Member

i guess i will bring german chocolate for my roommates so i can get some brownie points.

19. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

*laugh* Good Plan.

20. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

american chocolate suck cause its got an added wax type thing to stop it melting to quickly. one chocolate snake thingy i do love in the us though are peanut butter m&ms. if i have to give up decent cadburys for 4 months i'm glad i can sub it with them and mountin dew (dam uk not selling it here!!)

sabrina1981 brilliant plan!! german chocolate is always a sure fire way to win though brownie points. But let not forget belgium chocolate now thats the best lol

jenine