Guess the Musical

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leeds disney fan, Aug 16, 2008.

1. GypsyEsmeralda

GypsyEsmeralda New Member

Omg! Notre Dame de Paris!!!

Starring Garou, Helen Segara, Bruno Pelletier, Daniel Lavoie, Luck Mervil, Julie Zenetti etc....

2. Funkyk2009

Funkyk2009 New Member

Les Miserables?

3. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

it was notre dam du paris

this musical is opening next year and currently only has 1 definite person in it

4. monoenny11

monoenny11 New Member

i dont know why when i read the question hairspray came in my mind it was a pure north american movie and i guess i am wrong :'(

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

The Wizard of Oz?

6. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

yep wizard of oz

7. DisneySpike

DisneySpike New Member

featuring music by Jerry Bock and lyrics by Sheldon Harnick (wrote fiddler on the roof) originally opened at the Shubert Theatre Oct. 18. 1966

8. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

So this is a hard one because it's made up of three mini musicals, so I hope it's right!

The Apple Tree?

9. DisneySpike

DisneySpike New Member

10. DisneyGibbs

Right, no one else has gone so I've decided it's up to me to bump this thread again!

This musical has music by Alan Menken and is based on a 1992 film comedy.

11. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Random guess... Sister Act?

12. DisneyGibbs

Pfffffffffft I knew you'd get it.

Your turn!

13. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Ha ha I just went with the first 1992 movie I knew was a musical :eek:p

OK erm...

____ ____ _____ ___ is a musical with a book by Clarke Peters and lyrics and music by Louis Jordan and others. The musical originated in the UK in 1990 at Theatre Royal Stratford East, running for over four years in the West End, and then premiering on Broadway in 1992.

14. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

Five Guys Named Moe

15. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

16. pinkspideruk

___________: is a rock musical with a book and lyrics by James Rado and Gerome Ragni and music by Galt MacDermot. A product of the hippie counter-culture and sexual revolution of the 1960s, several of its songs became anthems of the anti-Vietnam War peace movement. The musical's profanity, its depiction of the use of illegal drugs, its treatment of sexuality, its irreverence for the American flag, and its nude scene caused much comment and controversy. The musical broke new ground in musical theatre by defining the genre of "rock musical", using a racially integrated cast, and inviting the audience onstage for a "Be-In" finale.

(Sorry had to copy description as mine wasnt very good)

17. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Lol I think think that would be hair?

I love that musical.

18. DisneyGibbs

LEEEEEEEET THE SUN SHIIIIIIIINE, LEEEEEEEEET THE SUN SHINE IN, THE SUUUUUUUUUUUN SHIIIIIIIIINE IN.

Brings back some memories, doesn't it? Haha.

19. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

20. pinkspideruk

my gay bff loves that film he makes me sit through it every visit and then listen to joni mitchell lol he sings the song about boys being delicious as well a lot when he is happy