Guest Services UK Applicants

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Mr T, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Mr T

Mr T New Member

Hey everyone,

So I have an interview for guest services at the end of this month, when I applied I submitted an application for the position of assistant guest service manager (I have the relevant experience and background) however the impression I get so far is I am being interviewed for a general guest service role, so my question is, it is possible to go straight in as a manager or are disney like other cruise lines in the sense that everyone starts at entry level, and you work your way up?

I have no problem with working as a guest service agent, i am just so keen to get on board but it would almost be a step backwards which would be desirably avoidable if possible.

any thoughts?

2. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

No you can go in as a manager, the jobs advertised are always for entry level jobs as Disney are a great company of promoting within. But yeah I would call your agency to see if they have manager vacancies as you can definitely do that.

However might not be too bad if you go in from the bottom again as even though it's a similar role the role on the cruise ships can be a bit different. Also if your performing really well you usually get promoted after each contract and with contracts at 6months might even be 4months you can get back to management in no time.